Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Thanks for the laughs cat bland; and you don't realize my laugh is on you. That makes it even more hilarious. Keep up the good work. And it's good to see that you've found your Christian chutzpah and decided to actually type "bad words." As I said, keep up the good work.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Oh my, I'm so concerned about your approval.
Leftist take a dump on America. There, is that better?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Thanks for the laughs cat bland; and you don't realize my laugh is on you. That makes it even more hilarious. Keep up the good work. And it's good to see that you've found your Christian chutzpah and decided to actually type "bad words." As I said, keep up the good work.
Good kitty.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Jerrold Nadler -"We can not wait four years to vote Mr.Trump out of office.... We must keep our eyes on two important goals: depressing Trump's public support and dividing the Congressional GOP from him and from each other."
Jerry Nadler Dozes Off in Democrats' Boring Impeachment ...
https://pjmedia.com/trending/awkward-je ... t-hearing/
Perhaps Nadler was just tired of seeing the Democrats' case against Trump go up in smoke.
Image



If leftist can't beat him, attempt to impeach him.

Image


Desperation...

Image

Haunting previous failures...

Image

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:24 am
I was thinking the other day that if Marsha (Blackburn, R TN Sen) had the same juvenile mindset and worldview as trump, she would have written back to me. I would enjoy a spirited battle of words with her but I decided that she likely gets a lot of insulting messages and unlike trump, does not feel the need to respond to any of them whereas trump the juvenile cannot let a perceived or blatant insult go unanswered. This is regrettable because I have a whole truckload of veiled as well as blatant insults that can be deployed her way. And they're good ones.
If you get 45SHOLE to respond to you on Twitter, I will organize a parade in your honor.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:48 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:50 pm
It's not a new thing, and it happens consistently in a lot of countries. They lie, get elected, wreak havoc, rehabilitate their story, get elected again apparently because of vote amnesia or something.
You just described the Obama election and leftist perfectly. Now, they're pissed because their candidate loss the election.
Jerrold Nadler -"We can not wait four years to vote Mr.Trump out of office.... We must keep our eyes on two important goals: depressing Trump's public support and dividing the Congressional GOP from him and from each other."
Jerry Nadler Dozes Off in Democrats' Boring Impeachment ...
https://pjmedia.com/trending/awkward-je ... t-hearing/
Perhaps Nadler was just tired of seeing the Democrats' case against Trump go up in smoke.
Image



If leftist can't beat him, attempt to impeach him.

Image


Desperation...

Image

Haunting previous failures...

Image

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

"Nobody Is Above the Law" Events

(Search for events by Zip Code or City)

Impeach & Remove Events are ON: The Nobody Is Above the Law network has activated.

Events are called for Tuesday, December 17th at 5:30 p.m. local time, but check your local event for a confirmed time and location. Numerous reports indicate that the House will vote on impeachment on Wednesday. December 18th....

Upcoming Events (507)
SoCal - bunches
Bay Area - bunches
Chicago area - a bunch
Bristol TN
Greenville, SC
Pensacola, FL
Asheville, NC
Sylva, NC
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

This Isn’t What Progressives Wanted From Impeachment
They feel betrayed, and Democrats’ newly announced support for President Trump’s trade deal isn’t helping.


I agree with the progressives. The ONLY reason that I could see for limiting the scope of the charges when he's committed so many crimes is if they had a few Repugs willing to accept the limited ones. Now, the Dems have run up the white flag on so much, and the America-hating Repugs were always going to unanimously support their fuhrer, regardless.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Those guys probably can't remember if they wiped their behind before leaving the restroom.
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 am
Funny, I have always pictured Vrede as being full of shit.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

Image
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:43 am
This Isn’t What Progressives Wanted From Impeachment
They feel betrayed, and Democrats’ newly announced support for President Trump’s trade deal isn’t helping.


I agree with the progressives. The ONLY reason that I could see for limiting the scope of the charges when he's committed so many crimes is if they had a few Repugs willing to accept the limited ones. Now, the Dems have run up the white flag on so much, and the America-hating Repugs were always going to unanimously support their fuhrer, regardless.
Kind of wondered about that too. More charges, especially bribery would seem to garnish more time for House Managers to present more evidence to the American people. The defense and verdict would be unchanged, but there would certainly be more fuel for the 2020 election rhetoric.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:43 am
Now, the Dems have run up the white flag
Image

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 am
Kind of wondered about that too. More charges, especially bribery would seem to garnish more time for House Managers to present more evidence to the American people. The defense and verdict would be unchanged, but there would certainly be more fuel for the 2020 election rhetoric.
Pelosi, etc. are supposedly trying to provide cover for vulnerable Dems, but my opinion is that they will be attacked just as viciously and dishonestly whether they vote for 2 or 20 articles of impeachment.

Then, there's the nonpolitical argument. If one believes that the law has been broken, then charges should be made or at least there should be a vote on including them. That is the duty Congress has to the Constitution and to the American people.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13047
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really »

I've gone back and forth in whether it would be better to include everything (which fershure would be a long one) or limit it to what would appear to be indisputable. Not that anyone asked me, but I'm comfortable with the limited approach, largely because you can't avoid the politics. The longer the list, the more opportunities to give some credence to the "witch hunt" complaint. If you can present something solid and undeniable (already admitted to), and McConnell just blows it off with "nothing to see here" then their sleaziness is clear to all. Sure, Trumper hard core will think sleaziness is good, but it could have an effect on voters who don't drool.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 pm
I've gone back and forth in whether it would be better to include everything (which fershure would be a long one) or limit it to what would appear to be indisputable. Not that anyone asked me, but I'm comfortable with the limited approach, largely because you can't avoid the politics. The longer the list, the more opportunities to give some credence to the "witch hunt" complaint. If you can present something solid and undeniable (already admitted to), and McConnell just blows it off with "nothing to see here" then their sleaziness is clear to all. Sure, Trumper hard core will think sleaziness is good, but it could have an effect on voters who don't drool.
Devil's advocate:
The limited Ukraine-only charges can still be blown off as a Dem-only "witch hunt".
That would be a little more difficult with the 10 counts of obstruction that GOP Mueller IDed.

But, no one's asking us, as you say. We get a week or two of bitching about the Dems being too cautious, if we want, then we're stuck with what they did. We'll see in Nov.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13047
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really »

Even if they had asked me, it would be difficult to presume my opinion was better than that of someone with the political acumen of P-Lo and her team. Either approach has its hazards and potential - as does doing nothing. I think I'll just let P-Lo do her job and go ride my bike.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Leftist rationalizing their next inevitable failure, I see.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:22 pm
Even if they had asked me, it would be difficult to presume my opinion was better than that of someone with the political acumen of P-Lo and her team. Either approach has its hazards and potential - as does doing nothing. I think I'll just let P-Lo do her job and go ride my bike.
I want to believe you and have no choice now but to do so, but we've been screwed by moderate and timid Dems so many times in the past.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:16 pm
Oh my, I'm so concerned about your approval.
Leftist take a dump on America. There, is that better?
First, I am not in any way concerned about what concerns you. Second, you damn near made a correct and truthful statement since I do think of myself as a "leftist" and the American Standard shitter in my bathroom is where I do, in fact, shit. Give yourself a tea biscuit and catnip.

Post Reply