College basketball

Post Reply
User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

DebracoisH wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:57 pm
hope Frau Schau is still alive, greatest regular season college basketball game ever? the last time 1 versus 2 went into multiple OTs was the famous David Thompson leading NC St. over UCLA in 1974.
?
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Auburn has #1 and #2, Gonzaga and Baylor on our schedule. Should be a challenge.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Friday night we play #1 Gonzaga
and on Saturday the football team plays #1 bammer in the Iron Bowl

there could possibly be a possibility.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Ar ... 155334586/

3:30 Thursday - St. Joe
10:00 a.m. Friday #1 Gonzaga

UCF on Monday

"playing St. Joe’s and No. 1 Gonzaga would be a challenging start under any circumstances, but considering that the Tigers are replacing all five starters and their sixth man, it becomes a bigger challenge. Considering there are no seniors on the roster and the expected starting point guard, Sharife Cooper, is not cleared to play, the Tigers’ task is even tougher."
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13517
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 am
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Ar ... 155334586/

3:30 Thursday - St. Joe
10:00 a.m. Friday #1 Gonzaga

UCF on Monday

"playing St. Joe’s and No. 1 Gonzaga would be a challenging start under any circumstances, but considering that the Tigers are replacing all five starters and their sixth man, it becomes a bigger challenge. Considering there are no seniors on the roster and the expected starting point guard, Sharife Cooper, is not cleared to play, the Tigers’ task is even tougher."
Are we building up the challenge to make the victory even more momentous, or are we offering pre-excuses for a loss?
Seems like somebody at Auburn is taking your "strength of schedule" preference a little too literally. :lol:

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 28022
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: College basketball

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 am
Are we building up the challenge to make the victory even more momentous, or are we offering pre-excuses for a loss?
Seems like somebody at Auburn is taking your "strength of schedule" preference a little too literally. :lol:
:D

AP #1 vs #36.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Gonzaga Odds to Win 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship 19/2, also #1.
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... s/futures/

Auburn 40/1, 28th tie, but that was before:
... Auburn announced on Sunday that it would self-impose a postseason ban this season, stemming from the 2017 bribery investigation into former assistant coach Chuck Person.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire
1312.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Did y'all see this


Somehow Samford went out and put up 174 points against Division III Greenville, which still found a way to score 99! The hosting Bulldogs scored 99 in the first half and a more respectable 75 in the second half.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 am
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Ar ... 155334586/

3:30 Thursday - St. Joe
10:00 a.m. Friday #1 Gonzaga

UCF on Monday

"playing St. Joe’s and No. 1 Gonzaga would be a challenging start under any circumstances, but considering that the Tigers are replacing all five starters and their sixth man, it becomes a bigger challenge. Considering there are no seniors on the roster and the expected starting point guard, Sharife Cooper, is not cleared to play, the Tigers’ task is even tougher."
Are we building up the challenge to make the victory even more momentous, or are we offering pre-excuses for a loss?
Seems like somebody at Auburn is taking your "strength of schedule" preference a little too literally. :lol:
We started off against Duke last year. I think it's a Pearl thing.
I hate it that our #1 player was ruled eligible by ncaa in the spring, but one week ago they decided he needed further review. I'm not sure what the problem is -
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 am
Are we building up the challenge to make the victory even more momentous, or are we offering pre-excuses for a loss?
Seems like somebody at Auburn is taking your "strength of schedule" preference a little too literally. :lol:
:D

AP #1 vs #36.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Gonzaga Odds to Win 2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship 19/2, also #1.
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... s/futures/

Auburn 40/1, 28th tie, but that was before:
... Auburn announced on Sunday that it would self-impose a postseason ban this season, stemming from the 2017 bribery investigation into former assistant coach Chuck Person.
I guess it makes sense. Even though/if no one knew what Person was doing, there will likely be sanctions. Hopefully doing it voluntarily with this all freshman team will be enough and next year's team can do post season without covid.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:30 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 am
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Ar ... 155334586/

3:30 Thursday - St. Joe
10:00 a.m. Friday #1 Gonzaga

UCF on Monday

"playing St. Joe’s and No. 1 Gonzaga would be a challenging start under any circumstances, but considering that the Tigers are replacing all five starters and their sixth man, it becomes a bigger challenge. Considering there are no seniors on the roster and the expected starting point guard, Sharife Cooper, is not cleared to play, the Tigers’ task is even tougher."
Are we building up the challenge to make the victory even more momentous, or are we offering pre-excuses for a loss?
Seems like somebody at Auburn is taking your "strength of schedule" preference a little too literally. :lol:
We started off against Duke last year. I think it's a Pearl thing.
I hate it that our #1 player was ruled eligible by ncaa in the spring, but one week ago they decided he needed further review. I'm not sure what the problem is -
We won even though it looked like we were trying to give it away at the end. after leading by double digits for most of the game they came back and tied. We won in OT.

Kinda cool story about St. Joseph's Tiger Hawks

https://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/ ... -football/
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Oh well. Good experience
1/20/21 - the end of an error

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 28022
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: College basketball

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:13 pm
Oh well. Good experience
Ouch.

San Francisco Dons 61, #4 Virginia Cavaliers 60. :wtf:
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire
1312.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

UCF killed us. Oh well, 2020 sucks.
1/20/21 - the end of an error

Post Reply