President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

It's a lame bullshit defense. :lol: :lol: :lol: Birfer :lol: :lol: :lol: Trump has been lying and getting caught since he first announced and well before.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

... And politicians NEVER lie (and neither do you --- or me --- or rstrong --- or Banni --- or ----- ) ... we got it.
Now, let's hear your lame bulls*it defense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

"And if i were a politician, I could prove that monkeys talk"
- Creedance Clearwater Revival
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Politicians lie for political reasons. Business people lie for business reasons. Most everybody lies from time to time, ranging from serious down to frivolous "courtesy" lies. But politics aside, Trump has a lifetime history of lying about almost everything. He lies to make himself look better; he lies to make sales (of whatever), he lies when he knows everybody knows it's a lie, and he even lies when the truth would clearly serve him better. He lies after he's been caught, and he's pretty much willing to stand and insist that black is white. This is not typical. This is not normal. This is not "politics as usual". There really is no defense of it. You can say, "well, I don't care..." fine, but there just isn't any comparison to any other national figure.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Politicians lie for political reasons. Business people lie for business reasons. Most everybody lies from time to time, ranging from serious down to frivolous "courtesy" lies. But politics aside, Trump has a lifetime history of lying about almost everything. He lies to make himself look better; he lies to make sales (of whatever), he lies when he knows everybody knows it's a lie, and he even lies when the truth would clearly serve him better. He lies after he's been caught, and he's pretty much willing to stand and insist that black is white. This is not typical. This is not normal. This is not "politics as usual". There really is no defense of it. You can say, "well, I don't care..." fine, but there just isn't any comparison to any other national figure."
With that being said, he'll make us a fine president; he's learning to work in the political slant to his lies; after all, practice makes perfect.
"Most everybody lies from time to time, ranging from serious down to frivolous "courtesy" lies."....
(the following is in no particular order)
Doctors, lawyers, Indian Chiefs, mechanics, paper boys, girl scouts, boy scouts, mommas, daddies, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, preachers, teachers, bakers, barbers, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbors, coon dogs, comedians, show hosts, ( :roll: ) forum posters, forum admins, bankers, postmen, postwomen, garbage collectors, roosters, hens, dogs, cats, birds, nurses, x-rays, fishermen .... .... .... .... .... ....

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:"Most everybody lies from time to time, ranging from serious down to frivolous "courtesy" lies."....
(the following is in no particular order)
Doctors, lawyers, Indian Chiefs, mechanics, paper boys, girl scouts, boy scouts, mommas, daddies, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, preachers, teachers, bakers, barbers, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbors, coon dogs, comedians, show hosts, ( :roll: ) forum posters, forum admins, bankers, postmen, postwomen, garbage collectors, roosters, hens, dogs, cats, birds, nurses, x-rays, fishermen .... .... .... .... .... ....[/quote]
True that, but certainly you don't think all lies are equal. If you do, I'd expect you to speak right up and say, "No, Honey, it's not the pants that make your ass look fat - it's just that you have a fat ass."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not that I'm a fan of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but Kellyanne Conway retweeted a tweet that former DNC chair did not stand during a standing ovation for the SEAL's widow and has not retracted and apologized. Disgusting for the lie, the lack of accountability for the lie, and for exploiting a military widow in doing so. SSDD in President* Trumpland.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "True that, but certainly you don't think all lies are equal. If you do, I'd expect you to speak right up and say, "No, Honey, it's not the pants that make your ass look fat - it's just that you have a fat ass."
Crazy ... ? yes
Stupid ...? no
:D :chalo:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"Not that I'm a fan of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but Kellyanne Conway retweeted a tweet that former DNC chair did not stand during a standing ovation for the SEAL's widow and has not retracted and apologized. Disgusting for the lie, the lack of accountability for the lie, and for exploiting a military widow in doing so. SSDD in President* Trumpland."
"Conway responded to someone else's tweet by writing "Hope this is not true.
It was a moment of unity and deserved recognition."

"It was found that the image of a seated Schultz and Ellison being used to support the false claim was captured more than half an hour before the tribute to Owens even happened."

Some same type crap is all over Facebook; posted by various fake news sites, and reposted by ultra-con wingnuts. The most ignorant is one that says Whoopie Goldberg dissed the military widow by saying she was seeking a moment of fame; when in fact, on 'The View', Trump was dissed by the cast for "exploiting" the widow. (I use the term "widow" because the fake sites never call her by name.)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Not that I'm a fan of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but Kellyanne Conway retweeted a tweet that former DNC chair did not stand during a standing ovation for the SEAL's widow and has not retracted and apologized. Disgusting for the lie, the lack of accountability for the lie, and for exploiting a military widow in doing so. SSDD in President* Trumpland.
For the record, I'm a confirmed cynical fuck.

It's blatantly obvious that politicians use people as pawns. The Democrats paraded theirs out at the DNC. The Republicans did the same at Trump's last address.

A gold star family whose Muslim son died in combat for the USA? Fuckin a. A black dude who's family member was murdered by an illegal immigrant? Damn skippy.

All this shit is strategic and perfectly choreographed.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote:"It's blatantly obvious that politicians use people as pawns. The Democrats paraded theirs out at the DNC. The Republicans did the same at Trump's last address.

"A gold star family whose Muslim son died in combat for the USA? ..... A black dude who's family member was murdered by an illegal immigrant? Damn skippy.'

"All this shit is strategic and perfectly choreographed."
Why I despise politicians; and politics in general.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Agreed, JTA, but then using the military widow to promote an easily disproved lie about a political opponent takes it to a whole new level.

Team Trump Took Illegal Cash, Watchdogs Say
Trump raised more than $10 million right after the election. He says he’s paying off debts. Two groups say it’s an illegal fundraising scheme.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trumpelthinskins

Their thins skins be showing today
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

... So it was a good moment for the White House to confirm to the New York Times that, in addition to those calls, Flynn met with ambassador Sergey Kislyak for about 20 minutes at Trump Tower in December.

Spokeswoman Hope Hicks told the Times that Flynn, in addition to President Trump's advisor and son-in-law Jared Kushner, met with Kislyak to build a relationship and "establish a line of communication." ...
But, but, President-elect* Trump didn't know anything about it. :roll:
Trump team issued at least 20 denials of contacts with Russia

Jan. 16, 2017

Trump told reporters, “I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”
bannination wrote:.... but at least Trump's speech was '*presidential'!
Didn't last.
Latest Trump Tweet: It is so pathetic that the Dems have still not approved my full Cabinet. (Liked by 4718 idiots.)
True, credible, honest and competent nominees wouldn't have required the GOP and Pence to force them through. So pathetic, President* Trump, big of you to admit it.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Agreed, JTA, but then using the military widow to promote an easily disproved lie about a political opponent takes it to a whole new level.

Team Trump Took Illegal Cash, Watchdogs Say
Trump raised more than $10 million right after the election. He says he’s paying off debts. Two groups say it’s an illegal fundraising scheme.
Yeah I agree. I feel for that woman that lost her husband, but I don't think it's a slight against her to be suspicious of Trump's intentions to have her at his speech, and it was blatantly obvious they were using her as a political prop.

But the beauty of it is if you call it like it is, they can spin it as you being a bad guy that's talking shit on a woman who lost her husband. The awkward four minute applause was kind of weird too.

They all do it to catch their opponents in these "catch-22's".

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Agreed, JTA, but then using the military widow to promote an easily disproved lie about a political opponent takes it to a whole new level.
Yeah I agree. I feel for that woman that lost her husband, but I don't think it's a slight against her to be suspicious of Trump's intentions to have her at his speech, and it was blatantly obvious they were using her as a political prop....
Given that inviting guests to score political points is so pervasive and that it would have been seen as a dis to not invite the widow from President* Trump's first failed military operation, I don't really have a problem with her presence and his acknowledgement, at least not a problem that's unique to him or one that will ever be fixed.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I don't know if some of you guys were around during Watergate, or if you were old enough to understand what was going on, but for those of you that were, does the drama surrounding the leaks coming out of Trump administration thus far compare? It seems like some of these revelations are cause for concern.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
JTA wrote:
Vrede too wrote:"Agreed, JTA, but then using the military widow to promote an easily disproved lie about a political opponent takes it to a whole new level."
"Yeah I agree. I feel for that woman that lost her husband, but I don't think it's a slight against her to be suspicious of Trump's intentions to have her at his speech, and it was blatantly obvious they were using her as a political prop...."
"Given that inviting guests to score political points is so pervasive and that it would have been seen as a dis to not invite the widow from President* Trump's first failed military operation, I don't really have a problem with her presence and his acknowledgement, at least not a problem that's unique to him or one that will ever be fixed."
Hmmm .... sounds familiar ....

Khizr Khan, the father of a soldier killed in Iraq, delivered an emotional speech to the Democratic National Convention on Thursday, saying to Donald Trump: "You have sacrificed nothing."

Khizr Khan spoke directly to Trump, who has proposed banning Muslim immigrants from entering the country.

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has spoken of Khan's son on the campaign trail, telling the family's story. The Khans moved from the United Arab Emirates to Boston in the 1980s. The crowd in Philadelphia roared with approval as Khan continued, telling Trump to visit the graves of soldiers of "all faiths, genders and ethnicities" in Arlington National Cemetery.....

"Roars of approval", anyone?