Ode to Vrede and Too

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Ode to Vrede and Too

Unread post by O Really »

I like Vrede,and Too. Or at least I like his forum persona since I don't know him personally and wouldn't try to find out who/where he is. But I'm pretty sure I'd like him IRL, also.

You've got some people that really really don't like you here, though, m'friend. At least that's what they say, and what they believe. Of course, being disliked by people such as Homo is a worthy goal for anyone. And being unlikeable is easy. There are lots of unlikeable people online - some intentionally, some just being the natural assholes they are. All one has to do is be sufficiently obnoxious, call people stupid assholes and idiots, type in ALL CAPS and use lots of bangs!!!!!!!!!! And in many cases, just not being a semi-literate redneck is enough for some to dislike you.

But it appears that those who think they hate you just can't get enough of you, and that's where your talent shows over those who are simply disliked. You abuse them on and on, nitpick their posts, sometimes re-running the same lines over and over. You tweak their hot buttons and even when they know that's what you're doing, they still bite. Instead of ignoring you, they keep coming back for more. "Hit me again, sir - it hurts so good!" And when you're no longer abusing them, do they move on to other topics, happy and relieved that they no longer have to be beat up on? Nope. They post ad infinitim about you. They even post about you in other forums. They even bring up old abuse and enjoy it again.

Ironically, there's a Biblical parallel in their adoration. They crucified you, then resurrected you three days later and now have created their own Vrede-Hater cult.

Posters come and go in all forums, only the good ones are missed, and only the great ones become topics. You're a superstar, my man!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Ode to Vrede and Too

Unread post by Vrede too »

:oops: :-||

Don't sell yourself short. We're much the same, they're just not bright enough to get how crafty you are about it. I'm the chainsaw to your scalpel.

Funny, Kernel Taylor rants on and on about my "followers". I guess he's correct for once, but he really means posters like him. I note that homerfobe has several posts this morning and will guess there's lots about me there even though he knows I can't see his posts. I feel like a rock star that never checks out what her/his fan clubs are up to.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

O Really wrote:I like Vrede,and Too. Or at least I like his forum persona since I don't know him personally and wouldn't try to find out who/where he is. But I'm pretty sure I'd like him IRL, also.

You've got some people that really really don't like you here, though, m'friend. At least that's what they say, and what they believe. Of course, being disliked by people such as Homo is a worthy goal for anyone. And being unlikeable is easy. There are lots of unlikeable people online - some intentionally, some just being the natural assholes they are. All one has to do is be sufficiently obnoxious, call people stupid assholes and idiots, type in ALL CAPS and use lots of bangs!!!!!!!!!! And in many cases, just not being a semi-literate redneck is enough for some to dislike you.

But it appears that those who think they hate you just can't get enough of you, and that's where your talent shows over those who are simply disliked. You abuse them on and on, nitpick their posts, sometimes re-running the same lines over and over. You tweak their hot buttons and even when they know that's what you're doing, they still bite. Instead of ignoring you, they keep coming back for more. "Hit me again, sir - it hurts so good!" And when you're no longer abusing them, do they move on to other topics, happy and relieved that they no longer have to be beat up on? Nope. They post ad infinitim about you. They even post about you in other forums. They even bring up old abuse and enjoy it again.

Ironically, there's a Biblical parallel in their adoration. They crucified you, then resurrected you three days later and now have created their own Vrede-Hater cult.

Posters come and go in all forums, only the good ones are missed, and only the great ones become topics. You're a superstar, my man!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... Ironically, there's a Biblical parallel in their adoration. They crucified you, then resurrected you three days later and now have created their own Vrede-Hater cult.

banni, can I get a promotion to Superstar Cultmaster? :D
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

I guess this is a good time as any to toss in my two cents worth. I was going to start a thread entitled "Hiding Behind the Ignore Button", but this thread will do fine.

This forum has a subtitle(?) of being "a generally unmoderated Forum with focus mostly on politics." As of yet, I've seen little politics, but heaps of whining from both sides of what I would call personal* agendas. I can attest to that somewhat by the first subject I commented on wherein I was insulted as an insecure coward.

The subtitle name of this Forum should have read a "generally unmoderated Forum dominated by Liberals and Atheists who despise opposing opinions". The Administrator gets his jollies posting vulgar anti-religious pictures, another two or three peeks out from behind the Ignore feature to hit and run. . .
Really y'all. :shock:

I've read a goodly number of the threads, and from what I can gather, and as attested to above in the opening post, there was/is an individual who had pretty much a wide-open leeway to insult, disparage, accuse, and generally run any commenter into the ground. That person's identity got found out and his ilk attempted to shame the one who did the discovery. Now, they won't converse with him, nor comment on his posts, rather they hide behind the Ignore button feature. This same discovered member was/is famous for using a phrase "run away so and so, run away". I don't know, but it's highly likely that that run away thing has turned on you Vrede Too.

None of this is any of my business and this is the extent of my commenting on it. In fact, I really don't plan to stick around here and read a bunch of infantile b.s. being slung back and forth in numerous glowing colors.

I was looking forward to being a part of what I thought would be a small spirited Forum Board. I looked at the membership when I joined and felt this would be just right. Instead I found, what, maybe 8 or ten out of those members listed that were actively posting?

Goodbye. You folks can keep your squabbling, infantile, petty b.s. all to yourselves, I've got bigger fish to fry. Literally.
(you ought to see these bass I caught this morning! Jocasse rocks!)

*the word political changed to personal*
Last edited by Seth Milner on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:... I can attest to that somewhat by the first subject I commented on wherein I was insulted as an insecure coward.

I searched the Free Range Kids thread for both words and couldn't find either. Was it by one of the posters I have on "Ignore"? If so, irony.

... there was/is an individual who had pretty much a wide-open leeway ...

It's an uncensored forum. "Ignore" is available to everyone.

... Now, they won't converse with him, nor comment on his posts, rather they hide behind the Ignore button feature.

I believe I'm the only poster that has said he's using "Ignore", but I'm not reading all the threads. Why should I waste time on the whining about me? On almost all other forums Mr.B would have been deleted and banned for what he did.

This same discovered member was/is famous for using a phrase "run away so and so, run away".

From facts and logic.

I don't know, but it's highly likely that that run away thing has turned on you Vrede Too...

Yep, I chose abandoning political and societal posting over the potential risk to my job. You are free to prove that you're "better" than me, keep posting while telling us your real world name, if not Seth Milner, your town and your current job if you're not retired.

Aside: I think investigative journalism is honorable. Thanks for your service and the risks you took.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Well, I have to respond to this.

You wrote: I searched the Free Range Kids thread for both words and couldn't find either. Was it by one of the posters I have on "Ignore"? If so, irony.
O Really wrote:I'm sorry you have bought into the fear culture so much you fear going out by yourself. It must limit your life experiences a lot. But unless you live in some really awful place, I'd say your fear is overblown. Most attacks aren't random, and they aren't from some boogey-man hiding in an alley. Take some training in self-defense, which includes avoiding problems. Get some confidence, based on knowledge and training. Take charge of your life. And teach that to your kids, if any.
You wrote: You are free to prove that you're "better" than me, keep posting while telling us your real world name, if not Seth Milner, your town and your current job if you're not retired.
I have nothing to prove, or hide. My real name is Seth Miller, we just moved to Oconee County, SC on a piece of lakefront property that we've owned for several years. I am semi-retired due to a back injury, but still do some investigative snooping when called upon.

I originally registered under my real name, but when I submitted it, the email never came through showing I was approved. I could not re-register as "my name was already in use." So, here's Seth Milner.

You wrote: Aside: I think investigative journalism is honorable. Thanks for your service and the risks you took.
Now that's a first! Thank you and you're welcome.

So long, I'm outta here.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Well, have a nice life, Seth.

But only in your own mind were you "insulted as an insecure coward."
In the context of whether it's safe to let kids walk home or to the park alone, your line was, specifically, "Nowadays, as a grown man I hardly will walk anywhere by myself."

Being afraid is not the same as being an "insecure coward," particularly if there is a real danger. In fact, if somebody really is out to get you, being afraid and paranoid is a survival skill. Being overly cautious is not the same as cowardly. No insult intended.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"insecure coward" was not very accurate for a journalist. After your gripe - ironic given that you're griping about the "squabbling, infantile, petty b.s." here - I read your posts and the reasoned responses to them (not counting my ignored Mr.B, homerfobe & Kernel Taylor). Whichever side one comes down on they weren't abusive. I'd suggest that you may not be suited for any forum.
Seth Milner wrote:... I have nothing to prove, or hide. My real name is Seth Miller, we just moved to Oconee County, SC on a piece of lakefront property that we've owned for several years. I am semi-retired due to a back injury, but still do some investigative snooping when called upon.

Unless you provide the name of your boss/es and/or clients and you are potentially vulnerable to loss of work due to not being PC, our situations are still not comparable.

... You wrote: Aside: I think investigative journalism is honorable. Thanks for your service and the risks you took.
Now that's a first! Thank you and you're welcome...

For this forum? If you mean ever, that sucks.
1312. ETTD.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Vrede too wrote:"insecure coward" was not very accurate for a journalist. After your gripe - ironic given that you're griping about the "squabbling, infantile, petty b.s." here - I read your posts and the reasoned responses to them (not counting my ignored Mr.B, homerfobe & Kernel Taylor). Whichever side one comes down on they weren't abusive. I'd suggest that you may not be suited for any forum.
Seth Milner wrote:... I have nothing to prove, or hide. My real name is Seth Miller, we just moved to Oconee County, SC on a piece of lakefront property that we've owned for several years. I am semi-retired due to a back injury, but still do some investigative snooping when called upon.

Unless you provide the name of your boss/es and/or clients and you are potentially vulnerable to loss of work due to not being PC, our situations are still not comparable.

... You wrote: Aside: I think investigative journalism is honorable. Thanks for your service and the risks you took.
Now that's a first! Thank you and you're welcome...

For this forum? If you mean ever, that sucks.
Post by GoCubsGo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Who the heck can follow all these embedded color changing reply/quotes, gives me a headache. Oh well, at least I won't stroke out, mostly cause I just don't care :wave:
:violent:

by Vrede too » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:07 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Who the heck can follow all these embedded color changing reply/quotes, gives me a headache. Oh well, at least I won't stroke out, mostly cause I just don't care :wave:
:thumbup:

O Really
Admiral

And yet, Colonel, you used some of your valuable life's time to read and respond to posts about Vrede. Not even a real response, just a copy/paste. But Vrede to you is like a moth to the flame, isn't it? Just can't "Let it go, let it go."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Don't sell yourself short. We're much the same, they're just not bright enough to get how crafty you are about it. I'm the chainsaw to your scalpel...
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:... I can attest to that somewhat by the first subject I commented on wherein I was insulted as an insecure coward....
I searched the Free Range Kids thread for both words and couldn't find either...
Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote:I'm sorry you have bought into the fear culture so much you fear going out by yourself. It must limit your life experiences a lot. But unless you live in some really awful place, I'd say your fear is overblown. Most attacks aren't random, and they aren't from some boogey-man hiding in an alley. Take some training in self-defense, which includes avoiding problems. Get some confidence, based on knowledge and training. Take charge of your life. And teach that to your kids, if any.
Ah-ha! Now we know who has really been driving folks away from the forum. ;)
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Seth Milner wrote:I guess this is a good time as any to toss in my two cents worth. I was going to start a thread entitled "Hiding Behind the Ignore Button", but this thread will do fine.

This forum has a subtitle(?) of being "a generally unmoderated Forum with focus mostly on politics." As of yet, I've seen little politics, but heaps of whining from both sides of what I would call personal* agendas. I can attest to that somewhat by the first subject I commented on wherein I was insulted as an insecure coward.

The subtitle name of this Forum should have read a "generally unmoderated Forum dominated by Liberals and Atheists who despise opposing opinions". The Administrator gets his jollies posting vulgar anti-religious pictures, another two or three peeks out from behind the Ignore feature to hit and run. . .
Really y'all. :shock:

I've read a goodly number of the threads, and from what I can gather, and as attested to above in the opening post, there was/is an individual who had pretty much a wide-open leeway to insult, disparage, accuse, and generally run any commenter into the ground. That person's identity got found out and his ilk attempted to shame the one who did the discovery. Now, they won't converse with him, nor comment on his posts, rather they hide behind the Ignore button feature. This same discovered member was/is famous for using a phrase "run away so and so, run away". I don't know, but it's highly likely that that run away thing has turned on you Vrede Too.

None of this is any of my business and this is the extent of my commenting on it. In fact, I really don't plan to stick around here and read a bunch of infantile b.s. being slung back and forth in numerous glowing colors.

I was looking forward to being a part of what I thought would be a small spirited Forum Board. I looked at the membership when I joined and felt this would be just right. Instead I found, what, maybe 8 or ten out of those members listed that were actively posting?

Goodbye. You folks can keep your squabbling, infantile, petty b.s. all to yourselves, I've got bigger fish to fry. Literally.
(you ought to see these bass I caught this morning! Jocasse rocks!)

*the word political changed to personal*
Whaaatt!? Head on over to the fishing thread and post a pic! Where at on Jocassee, I've been wanting to fish up that way for a while. Know of any places to fish off the bank?

I've been out twice already and haven't caught anything. Things ought to be heating up right about now though, so I'm looking forward to getting out there and trying to catch some bass.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

This user has activated the "Ignore" feature in this phpBB® powered forum.
You are not authorised to view this post.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

O Really wrote:And yet, Colonel, you used some of your valuable life's time to read and respond to posts about Vrede. Not even a real response, just a copy/paste. But Vrede to you is like a moth to the flame, isn't it? Just can't "Let it go, let it go."
You kidding me this forum is the epitome of the libtart nation. This is pure unadulterated entertainment is all. Once the weather clears and the ground dries I'll be out of here.
Where else could one watch libs squirm, lie after lie with no conscience at all, then lie deny and unending bigotry, folks wanting money that others not only worked for but already paid taxes on, and on and on and on! :-H :-H :-H :-H :-H

O Really
Admiral

Colonel Taylor wrote: ...others not only worked for but already paid taxes on, and on and on and on!
True, those who originally worked for it and earned the money paid taxes on it. That doesn't make it tax free forever after. I'll bet if you are in business, people will pay you with money they already paid taxes on. And then it's yours, and your tax bill. And then you pay somebody else and then it's theirs and their tax bill. Wherever did you get the idea that a given piece of money is only subject to taxes once?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote: ...others not only worked for but already paid taxes on, and on and on and on!
True, those who originally worked for it and earned the money paid taxes on it. That doesn't make it tax free forever after. I'll bet if you are in business, people will pay you with money they already paid taxes on. And then it's yours, and your tax bill. And then you pay somebody else and then it's theirs and their tax bill. Wherever did you get the idea that a given piece of money is only subject to taxes once?
That does stink. It's irksome that you save a bundle of money that when you earned it, you paid income tax on it before it ever got to your hands; and that money you saved had no other contributions such as from an employer, to the amount but yours. You put it in an annuity, and it draws a piddling amount of interest. In a few years you need a little extra money, so you withdraw a portion to take care of those needs. The total amount you withdraw, not just the interest, is taxable just as you have never had access to it before. I don't understand that, but

that does stinks.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Tax consumption.

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

It's all in what could be considered "income." What difference does it make how you got the money, as long as you got it? Wage/salary, investment income, sale of goods, whatever. Personally, I'd rather see a consumption tax instead of an income tax, but that's nogonnahappen. So as long as it's income that gets taxed, then all income should be included.

Good one, Doc! - but you may have to explain it to the Colonel.