The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Do you think all sins are equal?"
Sin is sin no matter how much it's sugar-coated.

Mankind has sense enough to know right from wrong; the fact that he/she chooses to ignore/deny their wrongs is in itself a sin.

Humans continue to steal, murder, lie, kill their parents, curse (and blaspheme) God......sooo....

"And while I'm ruminating over it, if God found homosexuality so bad, why did he neglect to include it in the Ten Commandments?
(Rhetorical question, I know there's no real answer)"
7........Thou shalt not commit adultery.
10.......thou shalt not covet (desire to have) thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant...

As to why He didn't include it in the 10 Commandments, you're right; there is no real answer...that we are capable of discerning, however, we can't speak for God. He did say that "man shall not lie with mankind as he would with a woman; it is abomination"....

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "You denied comparing homosexuality with bestiality and pedophilia."
OK, we'll make you happy. I called each of them a perversion; so I guess I compared one to the other.
"I did not admit "that homosexuality is a perversion"......I just pointed out the association you made."
You said I compared/associated each perversion to the other. Sounds like an admission to me. Weasel some more.
"Why are you such a Ten Commandments-violating liar?"
Hey Pot...meet Kettle.
"Your (sic) oh so defensive, overcompensating denials of proven science continues."
This entire thread is your "oh so defensive" song and dance. Humor us some more with your love of homosexual perversion.
(do you know the Tennessee waltz? an oldie, but a goodie. It's tune fits your whine.)

Oh yeah, your "overcompensating" whine of "proven science" is also hilarious. Sounds like an excuse for those who "prove science" making excuses by blaming others for their hidden perverted desires; i.e. "he don't like gays, he's secretly gay himself"......
:lol: :crazy:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "Do you think all sins are equal?"
Sin is sin no matter how much it's sugar-coated.

My question wasn't about sugar-coating. Do you consider all sins equal? Is one as likely to go straight to Hell without passing go for stealing time by not paying the parking meter, as for killing their kids in order to run off with the neighbor's wife and manservant?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Okay, "Sin is sin" and slavery is okay, but eating clams, being near-sighted in church, going to a barber, cooking pork, and mixed crops and fabrics are abominations...... Which of these abominations do you commit every week.....?
None every week... :shock: Going to the barber and cooking pork, but I've never mixed crops and fabrics together....nor am I a Jew that those laws applied to.

"....and why are you obsessed with just one of Leviticus' abominations?"
I'm not obsessed with it, but to answer your question; because it the nastiest of the abominations.

O Really
Admiral

Wait - God makes different laws for Jews than for the Goyim? So anyone who converts, one way of the other, gets his choice of laws? Kewl!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Old Testament doesn't apply, unless it does.

O Really
Admiral

When did God separate Jews from non-Jews? And why do Jews have different rules?

Might it be that Jews created their own rules without necessarily passing them past God? Because if they did, then a lot of the rules made sense at the time. Pork had - and still has - more contamination than most any other meat. Shellfish were (and still can be) full of bacteria. Cleaning procedures, mixing of incompatible materials, yada. All have some basis in reason if looked at from a cultural standpoint.

Not so much if you look at them as dictates from God, who could have just as easily made pork more safe, since originally He had supposedly provided animals in part for human consumption.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

religious freedom.jpg
religious freedom.jpg (50.31 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Religious persecution.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

If Facebook activism has taught me one thing it's that a person's sexual preferences are determined at birth and are nothing to be ashamed of.

Unless of course you're male and prefer slim women.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"......... a person's sexual preferences are determined at birth and are nothing to be ashamed of."
Who makes the determination?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

So Apple CEO Tim Cook came out of the closet.

Which means that in just a few short years, Apple users will be claiming that Apple invented gay.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rstrong wrote:If Facebook activism has taught me one thing it's that a person's sexual preferences are determined at birth and are nothing to be ashamed of.

Unless of course you're male and prefer slim women.
:lol: uh oh. Guess I'll just have to live with it and learn to revel in my shame.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"So Apple CEO Tim Cook came out of the closet."
No surprise there; an apple is considered a fruit.........opps! :shock: :lol:

indago
Pilot Officer

Unread post by indago »

Journalist Tresa Baldas wrote for The Detroit Free Press 6 November 2014:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, which upheld same-sex marriage bans in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee, issued its decision three months after hearing same-sex marriage cases from all four states. In each of those states, federal judges had struck down same-sex marriage bans on constitutional grounds.

In a 2-1 vote, the Sixth Circuit overturned those decisions, concluding the definition of marriage should be left to the voters -- not judges -- and that voters should be allowed to decide whether gay marriage is a good idea or not.

"Not one of the plaintiffs' theories ... makes the case for constitutionalizing the definition of marriage and for removing the issue from the place it has been since the founding: in the hands of state voters," the court wrote.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:"...a person's sexual preferences are determined at birth and are nothing to be ashamed of..."
"Who makes the determination?"
"All relevant sciences."
That's what "all relevant sciences" say; that a person is born with homosexual traits.

rstrong said "a person's sexual preferences are determined at birth". My question was who made the determination?

Pay attention.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "However, if you think God did it, why does God make gay babies and shouldn't they be cherished and respected the same as all of God's other creations?"
Nope....I don't think God did it.......Satan is alive and well; of course you don't believe in either, so what's the point in arguing with you about it?

"I know how you are about literalism."
Yeah....pot meet kettle.

indago
Pilot Officer

Unread post by indago »

So, why is it that a guy would prefer sex with another guy? Would his excuse be: "The DEVIL made me do it!"

indago
Pilot Officer

Unread post by indago »

And besides, the term "homophobic" would not apply to most persons who do not accept the homosexual lifestyle. A poster wrote, in another message board:

"Most people don't "hate" homo's. They are just disgusted with their sexual perversions. I don't hate fags. I puke a little every time I see two of them kissing, or walking around in assless chaps.... There is nothing wrong in the way I feel. It does not imply anything."

indago
Pilot Officer

Unread post by indago »

Vrede wrote:That stupidity again?
Stupidity? You want Stupidity? Stupidity is some guy wanting to fuck some other guy in the ass. Now that's stupidity!

And worse yet, some guy takin' it in the ass!