Benghazi Revisited

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Benghazi Revisited

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote:I'd go with either 3 months, until the election, or 2 more years if Hillary runs. Shamefully exploiting dead Americans for partisan gain is their thing.
Yeah, those morons cling to anything except what's real. Apparently they don't understand that our foreign ambassadors do and go pretty much where they please in order to foster amicable relations in the host country; they're not on some schedule promulgated by the State Department or anyone else; on top of that, Chris Stevens wasn't "murdered"; he died of smoke inhalation. I don't recall any big whoopla investigations when the North Vietnamese overran the embassy in Saigon. Guess it was a successful coverup. Plus, the facility in Benghazi was not an embassy, only a consular office which historically has not been availed of the same sort of security as an embassy would have; Marine guards, etc.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As noted a couple years ago in another thread:

Here's a partial list for Bush II's term. (citation) (citation)

Jan 2002 - Calcutta, India - 5 dead when Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami gunmen attack US consulate.

2002 - Nine people killed by bomb blast near US embassy in Lima - seen as attempt to disrupt forthcoming visit by President George W. Bush.

Jun 2002 - A truck bomb detonates outside the United States Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan. Twelve dead, 51 injured.

2002 - Two Marines shot, one killed in Kuwait.

Feb 2003 - Karachi, Pakistan - Two dead, five wounded by gunmen on motorcycles in front of the US consulate. The attack was deliberately aimed at those guarding the consulate.

May 2003 - Riyadh Compound Bombings kill 9 Americans, among 35 others.

Oct 2003 - Three American diplomats are killed by a roadside bomb targeting their convoy in Gaza.

Mar 2004 - Karachi, Pakistan - Another attempt to blow up a van in front of the consulate. Found and deactivated by police.

Jun 2004 - Tashkent, Uzbekistan - Two dead as Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan suicide bomber attacks US Embassy.

Dec 2004 - Nine dead as al-Qaeda gunmen raid diplomatic compound.

2004 - Paul Marshall Johnson, Jr, civilian working in Saudi Arabia, kidnapped and beheaded; five other Americans die in attacks in Saudi Arabia in 2004.

Mar 2006 - Karachi, Pakistan - a suicide car bomb killed American diplomat David Foy, and three Pakistanis and injured thirty outside the Marriott Hotel, about 20 yards from the consulate. It appears that Foy was the direct target of the bomber, who detonated his vehicle in the car park behind the consulate as Foy arrived.

Sep 2006 - Damascus, Syria - Four dead as gunmen raid US Embassy.

Jan 2007 - Athens, Greece - RPG Fired at US Embassy

Mar 2008 - Sana'a, Yemen - Mortar attack against US Embassy

Jul 2008 - Istanbul, Turkey - Six dead in Armed attack against Consulate

Sep 2008 - Sana'a, Yemen - 16 dead in two car bombs outside US embassy in Yemeni capital

2008 - John Granville, US diplomat, assassinated in Khartoum, Sudan

Funny how Republicans never felt the same outrage or need for an enquiry over those incidents.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Thanks. Point proven. It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid and boneheaded the GOP has become. Eisenhower is rolling in his grave, as well as Lincoln. Dumbasses.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote: :lol: Even a GOP House committee is now saying that the ODS cons were idiots to believe, you guessed it, the GOP.
For example, Supsalemgr.
:toothy:
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote: :lol: Even a GOP House committee is now saying that the ODS cons were idiots to believe, you guessed it, the GOP.
For example, Supsalemgr.
Yeah, I bet he even cringes about how gasoline prices have been steadily declining lately. :lol: