2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by bannination »

HAHAHHAHAHAHA, I so wanna watch that.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Here's today's Facebook post from Palin. I dare you lib'ruls to even TRY to read it:
WTH, LAMESTREAM MEDIA! STAY OUT OF MY BIBLE

WTH? Lamestream media asks GOP personal, spiritual "gotchas" that they'd NEVER ask Hillary, or they'd feed the question to her and/or liberal cohorts before they asked it on-air (we know how these things work, lapdog media... the public's on to you), so good on Trump for screwing with the reporter. By the way, even with my reading scripture everyday I wouldn't want to answer the guy's question either... it's none of his business; it IS personal; what the heck does it have to do with serving as commander-in-chief; and these reporters trying to trip up conservatives can go pound sand until they ask the same things of their favored liberal pals. I'll cover this in my interview with Donald Trump and other candidates tonight on the One America News Network show "On Point." The more the media does this, the more they empower America to reject them and their bias as voters run to the anti-status quo candidates daring to Go Rogue.
Such is the clarity and focus required to properly interview The Donald. Or as the first reply to her post stated:
Mary Beth Procaccini Great! so glad that a seasoned professional journalist such as yourself, who has a proven track record of being well read and well informed on current events and world politics, can get the candidates time.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

In the Homophobic thread, Seth Milner wrote: These organizations that hawk for donations via the Internet, robo-calls, petitions, and other advertising venues have never nor will ever get one red cent from me. They prey on the weak-minded, ultra-religious, conscientious Christians, and those with "our way or no way" thinking. They ought to be outlawed.
Here's a good one: I just returned from a visit to an uncle who lives in western Maryland and who is a staunch party-supporting Republican. His best friend and neighbor is a dyed-in-the wool party-supporting Democrat and they have a grand old time together arguing politics and government idiocies. The uncle receives all sorts of mail from Republican political figures and right wing organizations that blast Obama, Democrats, and any other left-wing causes that happen to pop up. Of course, at the end of each "newsletter" is a request for donations to "help fight this evil", blah, blah, blah. The neighbor also receives similar bullshit mail from Democratic political figures and left-wing organizations also requesting donations. Now get this: With the exception of the mail from political figures, all this other mail requesting donations for both factions have the same address in Washington, DC to return your donations to; the names of the organizations are different, the P.O. box numbers are usually 1 or 2 digits different; zip codes are same.

Go figure the rest. Donations to your political party anyone?
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seth Milner wrote:

Go figure the rest. Donations to your political party anyone?
You can donate to your political party in numerous ways.
However, the best ways don't include responding to ads/calls from professional solicitation companies, who get to keep a lot of what they raise. You didn't really think the parties (or a lot of charities) actually run their own call centers and spam generators, did you?

F'rinstance... http://www.hartsookcompanies.com/

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:
I was going to, but my smart TV said "Not on me, you're not!"

bannination
Captain

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 18f61826e1

Well that interview was a boring hodgepodge of scripted questions. I don't know what I expected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
In the Homophobic thread, Seth Milner wrote:These organizations that hawk for donations via the Internet, robo-calls, petitions, and other advertising venues have never nor will ever get one red cent from me. They prey on the weak-minded, ultra-religious, conscientious Christians, and those with "our way or no way" thinking. They ought to be outlawed.
... Your condemnation of all NGOs sounds like more excuse making for your cynicism, apathy, stinginess and inaction.
O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:... Go figure the rest. Donations to your political party anyone?
You can donate to your political party in numerous ways.
However, the best ways don't include responding to ads/calls from professional solicitation companies, who get to keep a lot of what they raise. You didn't really think the parties (or a lot of charities) actually run their own call centers and spam generators, did you?

F'rinstance... http://www.hartsookcompanies.com/
Good point, Seth's friends may be seeing POB addresses for fundraisers that shill for anyone, not the actual groups being solicited for.

Also, there are many sites that rate the integrity of NGOs. I've most often heard of and sometimes used Charity Navigator, but there may be even better ones.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
bannination wrote:
I was going to, but my smart TV said "Not on me, you're not!"
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing

... Walker said some people in New Hampshire have asked the campaign about the topic.

"They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago. So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at," Walker said....
I think they were Canadians in disguise.

Comments:
JUST IN FROM AP...6 Canadians arrested for having illegally crossed the border into the US carrying a total of 500 pounds of Tim Horton doughnuts strapped to their calves. Estimated street value about $600 US (or $900 Canadian). A moose was spotted at the arrest site fled when the scuffle began....after relieving itself.
What's "worth reviewing" is building a wall around Scott Walker to protect the rest of us.
Can we build a 10,000 mile wall to keep the oceans from rising too?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I'll reserve judgment until I hear what Sarah Palin has to say about it.

Which side will Ted Cruz be on?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

If those illegal Canadian immigrants want work, then hire the first 500 to come across the border. Dress them as mimes. Have them form a mime front line along the border, giving those who come later the impression of an invisible impenetrable wall.

It doesn't have to convince anyone. Canadians will be too polite to wreck their act by crossing it.

O Really
Admiral

Besides, if we don't put a stop to ice-backs sneaking in across Maine's porous borders, pretty soon they'll be taking apple-picking and landscape jobs away from the Mexicans.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:Besides, if we don't put a stop to ice-backs sneaking in across Maine's porous borders, pretty soon they'll be taking apple-picking and landscape jobs away from the Mexicans.
Leary was right: they're sitting up there sharpening their skates, getting ready to come down here and steal al our cheese.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

For the first time in forever, Donald Trump doesn't have the outright lead in a poll

... A new Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson tied for the lead among likely Iowa Republican caucus-goers. Both men got 23% of the vote....
Trump and Carson - LOL, the Dems would not have been so ambitious if they were scripting it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Borowitz: Kocks put Walker up for sale... http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... ott-walker
:lol:

bannination
Captain

http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/08/sh ... -said.html

Shock Poll: Only 29% Of Republicans Said Obama
Was Born In USA; 40% Said Ted Cruz Born In USA

I guess that's not surprising.

O Really
Admiral

bannination wrote:http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/08/sh ... -said.html

Shock Poll: Only 29% Of Republicans Said Obama
Was Born In USA; 40% Said Ted Cruz Born In USA

I guess that's not surprising.
Nope. It's just another really clear example that it's all been about Obama personally all along. Not his policies. Not what he does or doesn't do. But about him. The blackish him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... It's just another really clear example that it's all been about Obama personally all along....
... and Cruz being more Anglo-American than he really is.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

How far astray will the go before somebody just smacks them down?

Right wing icon former President Ronald Reagan: “Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!” (Of course, a lot of air traffic controllers would agree on the "freedom is lost" part)

Righter-wing idiot and pretend Presidential candidate Scott Walker:

Pledged elimination of the National Labor Relations Board. Promised a national “right to work” law freeing workers from mandatory payments to unions that bargain collectively on their behalf. “Collective bargaining is not a right,” Walker said. “It is an expensive entitlement.” The governor then pledged “to wreak havoc on Washington.”