Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:Given the lies and violations of international law, one could argue that the 1968 & 1972 (and maybe 1964) campaigns involved the unconstitutional issue of Vietnam. However, I can't recall as much campaigning for unconstitutional domestic policy, though I wasn't alive or old enough for most of the Red Scare.

I guess the red scare was the same sort of thing we are going through now, but amplified through modern media
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

In my personal memory and long-term interest in politics, I don't recall anybody strongly espousing things that were so clearly unconstitutional. There have been questionable positions, or positions that were arguable and maybe turned out later to be ruled unconstitutional, but never something as ridiculously blatant as registering members of a religion and surveilling their church. George Wallace was a segregationist, but even he wasn't as far off the rez as the current crop of Republicans.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote: . . . spews right wing lies and conspiracies at every family gathering but I'm not allowed to comment in the slightest way without the whole bunch of them turning against me for "trying to start something"

I show up, exchange greetings, eat, play with the little kids, (ignore the conversation about the devastating tax Obama has put on real estate sales and the insane regulations he has imposed on our banks) and go home.
That's exactly how I do it when we go back the LA sticks for TGiving.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

You two make me even more thankful to have been an only child. :lol:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:You two make me even more thankful to have been an only child. :lol:
Actually, I don't have this issue with my blood kin, even the most conservative ones. This is only an issue with my rabid, rural, wingnut in-laws.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
O Really wrote:You two make me even more thankful to have been an only child. :lol:
Actually, I don't have this issue with my blood kin, even the most conservative ones. This is only an issue with my rabid, rural, wingnut in-laws.
Can't you buy your wife something nice to buy her off and not have to go? Or take her to the islands for Christmas. Or maybe break your own leg. Gotta be something to get you out of going there.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I don't have a problem with my wife's family, or not so much. They leave politics out of family events.
But the piece of shit my sister married never stops.

Before he realized my position, he told stories about Lil bush's awol/cocaine time in mtnbrook
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:I don't have a problem with my wife's family, or not so much. They leave politics out of family events.

Before he realized my position, he told stories about Lil bush's awol/cocaine time in mtnbrook
I can deal with somebody giving me a bunch of crap for sport, but boatrocker apparently gets seriously suppressed and the whole bunch turns on him. Good reason to take holidays somewhere else.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:I don't have a problem with my wife's family, or not so much. They leave politics out of family events.

I can deal with somebody giving me a bunch of crap for sport, but boatrocker apparently gets seriously suppressed and the whole bunch turns on him. Good reason to take holidays somewhere else.
As I said earlier,
asshole bil spews right wing lies and conspiracies at every family gathering but I'm not allowed to comment in the slightest way without the whole bunch of them turning against me for "trying to start something"

I show up, exchange greetings, eat, play with the little kids, (ignore the conversation about the devastating tax Obama has put on real estate sales and the insane regulations he has imposed on our banks) and go home.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
Can't you buy your wife something nice to buy her off and not have to go? Or take her to the islands for Christmas. Or maybe break your own leg. Gotta be something to get you out of going there.
I do a lot in the cause of marital peace. She doesn't get to see her family very often, so I go along to get along. Which usually means trying to steer the conversations to football or fishing or hunting or farming or some such rural shit as that. Come January, we'll have been married for 39 years; you learn to work the system in the name of harmony.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

We can't even talk about football
BIL is one of you damn bammers

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, I bet he looks forward to family gatherings.
I have a barner SIL and her husband, who like to play that Kick-6 video over and over thru Comcast, at TGiving gatherings at their house. At least you guys have YouTube going for you!
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Oh, I bet he looks forward to family gatherings.
I have a barner SIL and her husband, who like to play that Kick-6 video over and over thru Comcast, at TGiving gatherings at their house. At least you guys have YouTube going for you!
Yeah, always easy to record bammers acting badly

When was the last time the bammers got a holding call? My son says 2013

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... to-gallery

Doesn't even include the 2 holds that prevented the sack on the play where we got a 30 yard penalty

I think we had a chance to beat a better team Saturday but for the idiot coach of ours

Florida should concede before the embarrassment

O Really
Admiral

Two schools with the most obnoxious fans in the effin' world.
All in one place.
For the championship.

Atlanta will burn again.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

My family is addicted to their phones, laptops and pads. Sometimes, I would prefer conversant rightwingers.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:My family is addicted to their phones, laptops and pads. Sometimes, I would prefer conversant rightwingers.
No, no you wouldn't.... trust me.

O Really
Admiral

"conversant rightwingers" = oxymoron.
Emphasis on the "moron" part.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I didn't say anything about the quality of conversation, just its existence.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:I didn't say anything about the quality of conversation, just its existence.

Fine, but it comes with popping veins, spit and loud voices

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sounds like Auburn fans. :P
1312. ETTD.