The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Seth Milner »

O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote: Religion is waning, along with that loss, immorality is gaining ground; i.e. everything that was once considered unclean and unnatural is now commonplace.
Yeppers, there's even guys hanging out with women during their period and wearing cotton and wool together. Next there'll be barbeque nights at the synagogue.
wtf? :-0?>
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:The closet is loud in this one, Luke.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seth Milner wrote:. Did you see on the news today where a kid yelled out "you suck!" to Ted Cruz at his campaign stop? A DAMN KID! .[/color]
Well, "out of the mouths of babes..."
There was a time when Presidential (and other) candidates were usually worthy of at least surface politeness. No longer. They get the level of respect they give and deserve.

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote: Religion is waning, along with that loss, immorality is gaining ground; i.e. everything that was once considered unclean and unnatural is now commonplace.
Yeppers, there's even guys hanging out with women during their period and wearing cotton and wool together. Next there'll be barbeque nights at the synagogue.
wtf? :-0?>
'whoever touches her [a menstruating woman] shall be unclean until the evening.
And everything upon which she lies during her impurity shall be unclean; everything also upon which she sits shall be unclean.
And whoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.
And whoever touches anything upon which she sits shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and shall be unclean until the evening; whether it is the bed or anything upon which she sits, when he touches it he shall be unclean until the evening.
The woman with an issue of blood reaches out to touch Jesus. From 'Mormon Women' website And if any man lies with her, and her impurity is on him, he be unclean seven days; and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean.'
(Leviticus 15.19-24)

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
(Leviticus 19:19)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The fact that conservative Christian, hateful, bigoted Lucifer Cruz is the 2nd place GOP candidate is a stronger argument for declining morals than some kid yelling out "You suck!" at him.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Apparently the kid was reported as a "pre-teen" so his choice of words isn't surprising. That's a popular insult with them. Give the kid a little time to mature and he'll improve his insults, like "you lie, Lyin' Ted!"

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:. Did you see on the news today where a kid yelled out "you suck!" to Ted Cruz at his campaign stop? A DAMN KID! .
Well, "out of the mouths of babes..." (Translation: "Oh well . . . that's OK that kids not be taught respect")
There was a time when Presidential (and other) candidates were usually worthy of at least surface politeness. No longer. They get the level of respect they give and deserve.
O Really wrote: That's a popular insult... Give the kid a little time to mature and he'll improve his insults, like "you lie, Lyin' Ted!"
Vrede too wrote:The fact that conservative Christian, hateful, bigoted Lucifer Cruz is the 2nd place GOP candidate is a stronger argument for declining morals than some kid yelling out "You suck!" at him.
Declining morals . . . ? What I said; I rest my case.

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote: Declining morals . . . ? What I said; I rest my case.
I think you may have rested precipitously, Counselor. Regardless of the source, "morals" are just one type of culturally-defined behaviour standards, that vary from culture to culture and always change over time. Whether those changes are "declines" or not is largely in the eye of the individual. Some may like to argue that some moral standards are universal and eternal, but that's hard to document. Particularly for those who like to use a document from less than 5,000 years ago - a mere blip of time. In the overall scheme of things, it's like saying "what occurred yesterday has always existed."

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote: Declining morals . . . ? What I said; I rest my case.
I think you may have rested precipitously, Counselor. Regardless of the source, "morals" are just one type of culturally-defined behaviour standards, that vary from culture to culture and always change over time. Whether those changes are "declines" or not is largely in the eye of the individual. Some may like to argue that some moral standards are universal and eternal, but that's hard to document. Particularly for those who like to use a document from less than 5,000 years ago - a mere blip of time. In the overall scheme of things, it's like saying "what occurred yesterday has always existed."
So you're saying that despite ugliness, disrespect, hatefulness, and apathy, if it's "culturally" accepted, it's an OK behavior? I'm not much on the Bible, but it seems the verse "love thy brother as thyself" is foolish and wishful thinking and should be tossed out along with personal standards?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:The fact that conservative Christian, hateful, bigoted Lucifer Cruz is the 2nd place GOP candidate is a stronger argument for declining morals than some kid yelling out "You suck!" at him.
O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Declining morals . . . ? What I said; I rest my case.
Whoosh, bannination posted that he could name an example and I've now provided two. However, that does not make the "case" that morality is declining overall. That said, I appreciate your implied agreement that conservative Christianity's hateful bigotry is an example of immorality, especially after you just posted that religion's waning is an indicator that "immorality is gaining ground" and you've long shared that hateful bigotry. You've rarely learned something here so rapidly.
Vrede too wrote:
bannination wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
bannination wrote:Can you show me some stats where immorality is gaining ground?
:lol: Have you met Seth Milner?
Surely he can find at least one thing that's on an upward trend.... I think I could if I tried. Sarah Palin's family? There, got one.

:lol:
The influence of conservative religion - Muslims, Jews and Christians - is still pretty strong. Their intrusiveness, hatred, bigotry and violence is about as immoral as it gets.

But, Seth Milner would rather obsess about the good sex that others are having.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Seth,

So if insults is your example of declining morality, would you say it's because of an increase in insults or an increase in population? Also, as far as morals go, do you find the morality of having free speech "trumps" (see what i did there) the ability to insult, or that insults should be made illegal?

Inquiring minds would like to understand this madness.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

bannination wrote:Seth,

So if insults is your example of declining morality, would you say it's because of an increase in insults or an increase in population? Also, as far as morals go, do you find the morality of having free speech "trumps" (see what i did there) the ability to insult, or that insults should be made illegal?

Inquiring minds would like to understand this madness.
I'm speaking namely of children. What they learn or don't learn early in life carries into adulthood. Are you really that dense, or are you just yanking my chain?

For want of a better description, let's call it an increase in the decrease of good parenting. Honestly now, would you allow a child of yours to yell out an ugly name to an adult in a public venue? If your child called a teacher an ugly name or threw a tantrum (or threw anything for that matter), would you merely let it slide, or would you administer some form of punishment?

"Inquiring minds would like to understand this madness" . . . you're correct there! Inquiring minds would like to understand the madness concerning the disappearance of common courtesy and decency.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Horry County, SC - they misspelled it. :D

I wouldn't want to be caught in the biologically correct bathroom with a lot of those folks. :o
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:Horry County, SC - they misspelled it. :D

I wouldn't want to be caught in the biologically correct bathroom with a lot of those folks. :o
I was starting to wonder if that was going to turn into a witch burning by the end. Religion is scary shit.

I don't think that guy ever understood the concept of abnormal genitalia.

Such ignorance, very sad.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

The classic "Jesus Loves You" retort. No argument can withstand so much truth, in song form nonetheless.

QED.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination
Captain

JTA wrote:strange u-tube

What. the. hell.

Also, that's really neat, because of the way it is.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:

What. the. hell.

I felt it was necessary.

bannination
Captain

JTA wrote:
bannination wrote:

What. the. hell.

I felt it was necessary.
It's not the video we wanted, but it was the video we deserved.