Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

It's like it's a remake of The Producers. Take a sure-fire flop, make it even worse over a year, then see the plan go awry when the show turns out to be a hit.

Donald Trump’s Comments Make Dictionary Lookups for ‘Treason’ Spike

Other lookups for a single word spikes in response to something Trump had done: bimbo, pugnacious, schlong, collusion, radicalize, disavow (white supremacists), tycoon (something fallaciously splendid), puerile, sniveling, demagogue & dystopian.

"And so it makes sense that most of them aren’t coming directly from Trump, whose much-beloved and much-mocked straight-talkin’ speech often hovers around the fourth-grade reading level."

:D

Also weird to see the Dems become the national security party or, this year, the national security sanity party.

Rear Admiral John Hutson: "Donald Trump is a walking, talking, recruiting poster for terrorism," and, "You’re not fit to polish John McCain’s boots.” Ouch.

Great to see my peeps drowning out former CIA Director and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in prime time with chants of “No more war!”

"Convention organizers shut off stage lights in the sections of the crowd where the chanting was taking place, making them less visible on television as Panetta struggled to maintain control."

Really? :roll:

If Dems don't do it, who will?

Biden looked good. Say that Hillary was indicted. Would she have endorsed anyone, and would the Dems have picked Joe or Bernie? I'd guess Bernie - less chaos.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Take Putin and Russia out of the picture, and all you're left with is....
"Honestly, I wish I had that power," Trump responded. "I’d love to have that power."
- Donald Trump, on the DNC mail server hack.
....a man who may soon command the NSA, CIA and FBI, wishing he had the power to command others to illegally hack his political enemies' emails.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seems to me we've had some discussions here about worst case scenarios if we didn't rein in the Surveillance State while Obama was in charge.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mary Trump, the late mother of Donald, in 1997.

:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump's dumbest son claims Barack Obama plagiarized him

President Obama, in his speech at the DNC, used the phrase "That is not the America I know." Donald Trump Jr. claims this was plagiarism, as he had used the same line in a speech he delivered last week.

Among those who used it before Trump Jr.: Hillary Clinton, Bush II and of course, Obama himself. In Cleveland.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Republicans have been saying that Trump will start acting more presidential Any Moment Now, for the last six months.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Has he ever punched anyone? I haven't heard of it.

He's still compensating for being too cowardly to serve during Vietnam or to protest in order to try and keep other young men from going in his silver spoon place.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Mary Trump, the late mother of Donald, in 1997.

:wtf:
Is she single????
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Are you into necrophilia????
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Now I understand his hair style, like mother like son!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Are you into necrophilia????
:o :thumbdown:
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Most of us think Trump will lose, with differing amounts of faith in the intelligence of American voters.

So, let's make predicting more interesting - How long will the Trump lawsuits go on because he whines that the election was "rigged"?

I'll take 2 1/2 years or his stroke over it, whichever comes first.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Or as I wrote five months ago:
rstrong wrote:If Hillary and Donald go head to head in the election, it could be another very close race. Which brings us to a possible outcome of this election:

There could be a repeat of the 2000 presidential election results - Bush v. Gore decided by weeks of recounts and court battles.

That was already a circus, but imagine the circus with Hillary v. Trump.

Especially when the Supreme Court battle happens in the current environment, with Judge Scalia's death and the fight to replace him. And a Tea Party that didn't exist in 2000.
Spoiler:
The Aristocrats!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:Most of us think Trump will lose, with differing amounts of faith in the intelligence of American voters.

So, let's make predicting more interesting - How long will the Trump lawsuits go on because he whines that the election was "rigged"?

I'll take 2 1/2 years or his stroke over it, whichever comes first.

I no longer worry that he will win.

Now I worry that he will win, be indicted, arrested and held without bond due to being a flight risk leaving us with a President pence
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I worry that he'll be assassinated. Leading to endless eulogies describing what a great, saintly, visionary man he was, from politicians and others who thought otherwise. Trump would replace Reagan as the deity of the Republican Party, with the party ensuring that all future American students are taught about Trump along side Washington and Lincoln.

America would never have gone to the moon without Kennedy having been assassinated. Honoring Kennedy allowed Apollo to overcome attempts to kill it in Congress in the wake of cost overruns and the Apollo 1 fire. Even then the budget was slashed - and further Saturn V production ended - before the first landing.

If Trump is assassinated, America's border walls - unlike the Great Wall of China - will be visible from the moon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Is Pence the POTUS candidate if Trump's assassinated before the election or does the GOP get to pick someone else? I think the latter. How humiliating would that be for Pence?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me."
-- Donald Trump about Gold Star mother Ghazala Khan

:gthumb: :ateeth: :cussing:
... Ghazala Khan has said she didn't speak because she's still overwhelmed by her grief and can't even look at photos of her son without crying....
What's it going to take for Trumpettes to figure it out, raping a nun?
Vrede too wrote:... How long will the Trump lawsuits go on because he whines that the election was "rigged"? ...
:lol:
... Trump also accused Clinton via Twitter of "trying to rig" the fall presidential debates by scheduling two of the three debates on the same night as NFL games. The schedule was set last September by a nonpartisan commission, which said the campaigns were not consulted about dates. Trump also said the NFL complained to him about the debate schedule in a letter, but the league said it sent no such letter....
1312. ETTD.