The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am
Washington State Supreme Court Abolishes Death Penalty
A Victory We Can All Be Proud Of
Well, nttawwt if the people want to take them to raise; you know, feed & clothe them, give them free health care for the rest of their lives; possibly pay a prison contractor big bucks to do all that for them.

A "A Victory We Can All Be Proud Of" would be taking that money and putting it toward feeding and clothing the homeless and poor families who can barely afford to feed and clothe their kids; not some scumbag piece of gutter trash who would view one of those kids as a sex toy.

The argument is that it costs more to execute a disgusting murdering child rapist than it does to incarcerate him for the rest of his life. I say bullshit! Reinstate the firing squad; it's quick, it doesn't "prolong suffering" (wonder how long the victim suffered before being blessed with death?), no expensive, exotic drug mixtures, etc. Three bullets? Maybe $5-6.00. That's a victory "we all can be proud of".

Oh, another thought! Allow them to shoot themselves up with an overdose of some street drug that you libs are campaigning for legalization.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

OK, so let's give the cops credit for doing a good job and not shooting the 11-year old kid. :clap:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/b ... olice.html

But there's a lot interesting here. The kids were going along pretty much minding their own business, carrying a legal toy gun that is considered a "real" gun only in NJ I think. And they're down on the ground being rousted by the police. The lesson the kids were supposed to learn from this is that carrying a toy gun around - legal or not - is dangerous, which of course it is, particularly if you're a black kid. But this is also part of the social engineering going on that I find generally encouraging. Short version: carrying guns is bad.

Of course, maybe the NRA only wants that message to get across to black people, but maybe it will spread. Could have been white kids with the same result. Maybe.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am
Washington State Supreme Court Abolishes Death Penalty
A Victory We Can All Be Proud Of
Well, nttawwt if the people want to take them to raise; you know, feed & clothe them, give them free health care for the rest of their lives; possibly pay a prison contractor big bucks to do all that for them.

A "A Victory We Can All Be Proud Of" would be taking that money and putting it toward feeding and clothing the homeless and poor families who can barely afford to feed and clothe their kids; not some scumbag piece of gutter trash who would view one of those kids as a sex toy.

The argument is that it costs more to execute a disgusting murdering child rapist than it does to incarcerate him for the rest of his life. I say bullshit! Reinstate the firing squad; it's quick, it doesn't "prolong suffering" (wonder how long the victim suffered before being blessed with death?), no expensive, exotic drug mixtures, etc. Three bullets? Maybe $5-6.00. That's a victory "we all can be proud of".

Oh, another thought! Allow them to shoot themselves up with an overdose of some street drug that you libs are campaigning for legalization.

leo leave out the innocent who are executed, then beats hell out facts with a strawman he pulled out of his ass (it ain't the cost of the drug) and ends with another positive reason for legalization.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 pm
leo leave out the innocent who are executed, then beats hell out facts with a strawman he pulled out of his ass (it ain't the cost of the drug) and ends with another positive reason for legalization.
So much stupidity, as usual.

As is widely known and easily looked up, the death penalty costs taxpayers more than life without parole. Why do YOU insist on wasting our money? YOU are the one that doesn't care about "feeding and clothing the homeless and poor families who can barely afford to feed and clothe their kids". Own it. I hear your pitiful defense of this by wishing that the Constitution, law and and longstanding practice would magically go away, but that's just stupid and childish. Are you drunk?

Only the bloodthirsty and foolish believers in an infallible and always honest government support state killing.

After all our discussion and the science presented, why can't you grow a pair and admit that it's YOUR failed strategy that leads to maximum overdoses, whereas ours has been proven to reduce them? Must be that prohibition addiction, again. Seek help.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
How many innocents have been executed as opposed to the guilty, there strawman? Yes, innocent people have been executed, either by crooked LEO's, judges, prosecutors, or (ahem) lying accusers. That doesn't negate the fact that the ones I mentioned above deserve to have their asses fried for their inhuman crimes. You and you-know-who hero only look at that aspect.

Abolishing the death penalty does not totally deter crime, however, if it was applied as it has been in the past... well, your "scientific facts" from a liberal website would dispute that too, so never mind; you know what the real answer is.

OK, now you can plant your head back where you found it before you replied to my post.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm
So much stupidity, as usual.
I thought your post was stupid too, :thumbsup: thanks for the admission

As is widely known and easily looked up, the death penalty costs taxpayers more than life without parole. Why do YOU insist on wasting our money?
Why of course; all the liberal anti-death penalty websites say that. The reason for the exorbitance is the long-drawn-out appeals process. A convicted person has the right to an appeal, but the "speedy trial" has become a joke, and attorneys actually are the cause of elevated costs. Once convicted, 2 appeals, $5-6.00 for 3 bullets, over and done with.

YOU are the one that doesn't care about "feeding and clothing the homeless and poor families who can barely afford to feed and clothe their kids".
Own it.
Again your bullshitty fame rears it's ugly, and I mean UGLY, head. You know nothing of what I care for. Not that it's any of your business who or how much, I give generously to various organizations that I KNOW to be credible; not to your dumb-shit, liberal, knee-jerk, fear-mongering petition websites that protest day and night over frivolous causes. (btw, did you know toilet paper is made from trees? Where's the 'save the trees petition'?)

I hear your pitiful defense of this by wishing that the Constitution, law and and longstanding practice would magically go away, but that's just stupid and childish. Are you drunk?
Are you drunk? Maybe you think that endless postings of dumb-shit, liberal, knee-jerk, fear-mongering petitions isn't stupid and childish? Get a life; a real one.

Only the bloodthirsty and foolish believers in an infallible and always honest government support state killing.
A killer isn't bloodthirsty? Isn't unfit to live in a decent society? Oh well. I believe you had a big fat pervert in your area not long ago that chained a girl up in a locked trailer, raping her repeatedly after killing her boyfriend in front of her. When caught, he confessed to other murders? Should he deserve to live the rest of his life with all his needs tended to at the expense of the state? Isn't that "wasting your money?"

After all our discussion and the science presented, why can't you grow a pair and admit that it's YOUR failed strategy that leads to maximum overdoses, whereas ours has been proven to reduce them? Must be that prohibition addiction, again. Seek help.
Not my strategy, goofwad. Not my laws, dummy. I was paid to enforce them. By the way, I draw a big fat retirement, thanks to YOUR tax money. That burns your ass, don't it! :lol: :lol: :---P

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
How many innocents have been executed as opposed to the guilty, there strawman? Yes, innocent people have been executed, either by crooked LEO's, judges, prosecutors, or (ahem) lying accusers. That doesn't negate the fact that the ones I mentioned above deserve to have their asses fried for their inhuman crimes. You and you-know-who hero only look at that aspect.

Abolishing the death penalty does not totally deter crime, however, if it was applied as it has been in the past... well, your "scientific facts" from a liberal website would dispute that too, so never mind; you know what the real answer is.

OK, now you can plant your head back where you found it before you replied to my post.

cheaper to hold in prison than to execute
plus, the added benefit of being able to release them if proven innocent

that pretty well covers the issue - except for the revenge aspect
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm
cheaper to hold in prison than to execute
plus, the added benefit of being able to release them if proven innocent

that pretty well covers the issue - except for the revenge aspect
Revenge sometimes. Some find the life in prison to be worse than death. I would.

Damn you, billy.pilgrim, how dare you cite scientific facts when there's a con present?

"only look at that aspect (innocent people being executed)" is a lie about me. I also care about:
Cost, as billy.pilgrim says;
Racist, classist application;
Not trusting government as much as you do;
Evidence that execution increases societal violence;
Reversibility, as billy.pilgrim says;
Not believing that government should make all of its populace complicit in some thing so extreme;
Not wanting to associated with repressive, barbaric countries like China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt, Somalia and North Korea. The US is the only nation in the Americas or Oceania with state killing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_p ... ed_in_2017
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

If they outlawed the death penalty, would you allow voluntary checkout if the prisoner jumped through a few hoops? I would.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 pm
If they outlawed the death penalty, would you allow voluntary checkout if the prisoner jumped through a few hoops? I would.
Maaaybe, but I doubt society would ever go that route - suicide seen as immoral, possibilities for coercion/bribery, allowing a murderer the choice, etc. - so I don't think about it much. Plus, it's not that hard to kill oneself in prison - people on suicide watch even manage it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well there are several states with "death with dignity" laws that let you off yourself if you have a doctor's note saying you're dying anyway. So it would be a small step to let a prisoner (who everyone believes to be a despicable piece of shit) who is sentenced to life in prison just choose to give it up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:05 pm
Well there are several states with "death with dignity" laws that let you off yourself if you have a doctor's note saying you're dying anyway. So it would be a small step to let a prisoner (who everyone believes to be a despicable piece of shit) who is sentenced to life in prison just choose to give it up.
It's been a real battle in each of those very few states. Only California (legislature), Montana (state supreme court decision), Vermont (legislature) and Washington (ballot question) have joined in since the Oregon ballot question barely passed 24 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_ ... ted_States

I don't necessarily disagree with your reasoning, but I think many or most would consider the step from compassion for the dying to accommodating killers' wishes to be a big one.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

That's assuming favoring death with dignity law is compassion and letting the prisoner commit suicide would be a "favor" for him. I'm thinking all the (man) supporters for capital punishment would just want the guy dead one way or the other.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, "favor" vs. "just want the guy dead" is the question. Would there be enough of the latter to make this radical shift? Idk.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

About 62% think capital punishment is "morally acceptable" according to 2018 WaPo article.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 60ec9682c2

But I think some who don't approve of the state killing off its citizens, or don't approve of the current long drawn-out process, or don't like the methods, yada might still like to see a child-killer dead.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 pm
About 62% think capital punishment is "morally acceptable" according to 2018 WaPo article.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 60ec9682c2

But I think some who don't approve of the state killing off its citizens, or don't approve of the current long drawn-out process, or don't like the methods, yada might still like to see a child-killer dead.
I think plenty of people deserve to die, I just think the negatives from state killing are too high when life without parole is the alternative.

As for voluntary suicides in a country without the death penalty - what would stop the convict from setting up a suicide Go Fund Me account with family or other beneficiary? Could become a perverse circus.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:09 am
- what would stop the convict from setting up a suicide Go Fund Me account with family or other beneficiary? Could become a perverse circus.
No problem. Likely the family wasn't connected to the crime. Send the kids to college.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 am
No problem. Likely the family wasn't connected to the crime. Send the kids to college.
That part wouldn't bother me. Rather, it's how creepy the bidding itself would be, along with the idea of the perp "winning" by getting a high tally and extending her/his celebrity status. Most lifers are almost never heard from again. Even with Manson it was only once every few years and upon his death.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

If absolishing the death penalty saves the life of single innocent individual at the expense of also sparing the lives of hundreds of those guilty of heinous crimes, then it's well worth it.

Those who are guilty are still removed from society where they're no longer a harm to others. Innocent people do occasionally get locked up. It does happen. You've gotta look at it both ways.

In my personal opinion, it's more just to protect the innocent than it is to punish the guilty.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Innocents do get incarcerated. Innocents do get executed.
But why abolish the death penalty for those who were caught by the evidence or DNA they left behind?
Or those who confessed; or led authorities to the graves, dumpsters. burn pits, freezers, hog pens, wells, etc. where they dumped their victims like so much garbage? Should they still deserve a life where their every need will be tendered to? Is capital punishment in these cases merely "revenge?"