Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 am
This woman is batshit crazy.

"In an August 2016 Twitter rant, she claimed “jew hater hillary clinton’s handler huma weiner is a filthy nazi whore.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roseanne- ... -look-tame

She pushes the Seth rich lie and the Q bs. No wonder the idiots watched.
I've been thinking that she reminds me of Amanda Bynes' social media ranting before she went over the edge and got committed.

Bill Maher Says 'Friend' Roseanne Barr Has Multiple Personalities and One 'Is Quite a Racist'

"It All Fell Apart": Roseanne's Cast and Crew Were Always on Edge About Roseanne Barr

Something's gonna give, I just don't see her fading off into elderly obscurity. I wonder if she's armed. It's not precluded by her 1990s admission to a mental institution if it was voluntary.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 am
March Against Sharia' Planned Across The U.S.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/10/532254891 ... ss-the-u-s

"Saturday's nationwide "March Against Sharia," sponsored by a group known for aggressively criticizing Islam, has in recent days become a rallying cause for right-wing extremists ..."

"to be held in at least 19 states, are being coordinated by ACT for America, a conservative grassroots organization that calls itself "the NRA of national security."

This Proud Boys group is new to me. I guess just more punks with their silly club names.

wiki says, a "pro-Western fraternal organization" for men who "refuse to apologize for creating the modern world."[4]

"In 2017, McInnes and Kyle Chapman teamed up to help the Proud Boys form a "street fighting" wing of the alt-right called the "Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights" (FOAK).[8][9]"

They're back

"The Proud Boys will be joined Saturday by groups like Alt Knights"

"They are traveling to upstate New York to harass and taunt an African American Muslim community.
Come Saturday, the “Proud Boys” are heading to Islamberg, New York, a small community of some 40 families that’s a little over a three-hour drive northwest of New York City, to visit, as they put, it an “Islamic training ground.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-supp ... DAfternoon

Proud boy strikes fear in proud boys everywhere and laughter from everyone else.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2018/5/2 ... e-internet

This is too fucking funny

The Proud Boys joined forces yesterday in Portland with the Hell Shaking Street Preachers to attack and be attacked for their fascism, homophobia, racism, Islamophobia, and misogyny.

Just in case you aren't familiar with the Hell Shaking Street Preachers, they were formerly known as Bible Believers USA
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Confederate symbols are being taken down at a rate of three per month. More removals have happened in the three years since the Charleston church massacre in June 2015 than all previous years combined.

That's progress, but we have a long way to go. We count 1,728 Confederate symbols and tributes in public spaces. We believe all of these symbols should be removed — and we're committed to helping that happen. But we're going to need your help to achieve this goal.

Here's what you can do:

See how many Confederate symbols are in public spaces in your community. These tributes are in communities from coast to coast — from Florida to California.
You can enter a zip code in the upper left search box to quickly navigate to a locale.
Read our community action guide and write a letter to the editor expressing your support for taking down the symbols.
Sign our petition calling on lawmakers to immediately remove symbols honoring Jefferson Davis, the leader of the Confederacy. All Confederate symbols should be removed, but it's particularly outrageous that there are 149 tributes to him across the nation.

The Confederacy, as Mitch Landrieu said, was on the wrong side of humanity. Our public entities should no longer play a role in distorting history by honoring a secessionist government that waged war against the United States to preserve white supremacy and the enslavement of millions of people.

It's past time for the South – and the rest of the nation – to bury the myth of the Lost Cause once and for all.

Let's make this happen.

Sincerely,

Your friends at the SPLC
1 in Hendersonville at the Courthouse, but it's balanced with a Union marker, okay by me. Year Dedicated 1926 (Lost Cause/Noble Cause)
1 in Flat Rock, Robert E. Lee Drive, I haven't checked it out.
2 in Fletcher:
Robert E. Lee Dixie Highway Marker, Year Dedicated 1926 (Lost Cause/Noble Cause)
Jefferson Davis Monument, Year Dedicated 1931 (Lost Cause/Noble Cause)
I haven't checked them out.
Nearby: North Carolina Confederate Veterans Forest, Year Dedicated 1956 (Jim Crow :ateeth: ), not sure about markers.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

On the far right, shooting at Maryland newspaper draws praise, celebration

After five people were gunned down in their own newsroom, the normally feisty editorial page of the Capital-Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland, went silent Friday.

“Today, we are speechless,” the page said. “This page is intentionally left blank today to commemorate victims of Thursday’s shootings at our office.”

But, among the far-right, activists were anything but silent, celebrating, speculating and casting blame for the shooting of a group of local reporters and editors who cover the central Maryland community.

“We don’t give a fuck about you, journalist,” tweeted Nicholas Fuentes, a YouTube personality who attended the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Hundreds of posts, tweets and comments populated Twitter, the alt-right social network Gab, 4chan and other social media outlets, condemning the five people killed in what they expected to be just another day at work.

The posts ranged from conspiratorial to wondering if the shooter was Jewish — a favorite target of the alt-right — to outright blaming the reporters for what happened to them....
I saw some of this. I reported the terrorist wannabes and suggested that the FBI be alerted.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 pm
On the far right, shooting at Maryland newspaper draws praise, celebration

After five people were gunned down in their own newsroom, the normally feisty editorial page of the Capital-Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland, went silent Friday.

“Today, we are speechless,” the page said. “This page is intentionally left blank today to commemorate victims of Thursday’s shootings at our office.”

But, among the far-right, activists were anything but silent, celebrating, speculating and casting blame for the shooting of a group of local reporters and editors who cover the central Maryland community.

“We don’t give a fuck about you, journalist,” tweeted Nicholas Fuentes, a YouTube personality who attended the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Hundreds of posts, tweets and comments populated Twitter, the alt-right social network Gab, 4chan and other social media outlets, condemning the five people killed in what they expected to be just another day at work.

The posts ranged from conspiratorial to wondering if the shooter was Jewish — a favorite target of the alt-right — to outright blaming the reporters for what happened to them....
I saw some of this. I reported the terrorist wannabes and suggested that the FBI be alerted.

So, they hate all journalists, but they love their own various forms of media and media personalities, who somehow aren't journalists

They walk among us, but I guess they always have. We constantly see that it was the media that lost the Vietnam War. Now the media (except their media) is after their almost godlike saviour.

They will be stuoid scary if he is impeached.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 pm

... but they love their own various forms of media and media personalities, who somehow aren't journalists

Indeed they aren't. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Miami man arrested during alleged arson attempt, wanted to 'kill all Jews'

Whoa, close one, added to my white, male, con (probably Christian) domestic terrorist list.

Note that the article never uses the word 'terror' or its derivatives. What do you guess if everything else was exactly the same but he is Muslim?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:38 am
I recognize hitler, van Gogh and the confederate flag, but what are the other two photos clipped to the canvas?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:10 pm
I recognize hitler, van Gogh and the confederate flag, but what are the other two photos clipped to the canvas?
This article about Mr. Fish – aka Dwayne Booth is interesting:

Unfiltered: 'I got death threats from the left … [and] right'

It's modeled on Norman Rockwell’s self portrait.

Only 2 pics have been changed from Rockwell.
Upper left: Rockwell self portrait sketches replaced by Hitler.
Upper right self portraits, from the top:
Albrecht Durer
Rembrandt van Rijn - replaced by the slaver/traitor flag, not sure why Rembrandt, maybe as simple as it being the largest.
Pablo Picasso - looks just like him. :D
Vincent Van Gogh

Triple Self-Portrait, 1960

Thanks, I hadn't even noticed them.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Speaking of Rockwell - next week we'll be in his old hometown of Arlington, VT, just north of Bennington. That's not where he's buried, though, or I'd check to see if he's rolling over in his grave.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why the crowd at Dolt .45's inauguration looked so small:

:D

Here's how the crowd at Trump's inauguration (compared) to other events
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 1be4b957fc

"Maybe not quite like this, though. The house at 626 Ogden Ave., a red brick two-bedroom home that Davis had hoped to close on next week, had been spray painted in giant white letters just beneath its front picture windows.
Left of the porch: “HAIL TRUMP.”
On the right: “N—–S KEEP OUT.”"

"“I can see her going across,” he recalled to WTVG. “I can see her shaking a can of spray paint. And we can see this person spraying, we can hear this person spraying, and walking back across. She made multiple trips.”
“It appeared that she was trying to paint some kind of gang sign,” on the front door, between the two messages, police wrote in their report. One of the TV stations called the symbol a swastika."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Dunkin' Donuts fires workers for dumping water on homeless man

Unbelievable.
I'm willing to bet had the homeless man been black and the manager white, that donut house would be a pile of ashes by now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 pm
Miami man arrested during alleged arson attempt, wanted to 'kill all Jews'

Whoa, close one, added to my white, male, con (probably Christian) domestic terrorist list.

Note that the article never uses the word 'terror' or its derivatives. What do you guess if everything else was exactly the same but he is Muslim?
Another one for the list. This happened in May, but didn't get national play.
Police find 16 bombs in Pulaski County; man jailed

... A woman who identified herself as Huff's mother said she believes her deceased husband built the bombs eight to 10 years ago amid fear that the U.S. would descend into martial law under President Barack Obama.

"I blame the government," she said during a 9-minute conversation in the driveway of the home she shared with her son. "That's who I blame. They come on TV with, 'Obama's going to do martial law and Obama's helping ISIS' and all this bulls**t. What's people to think? That was nationwide, forever."

She asked not to be identified by name.

Huff, whom she calls by his middle name, found the bombs while cleaning out the shed shortly after her husband, also named James Huff, passed away in December 2017 at 79 years old, she said. A wooden shed could be seen on the property's back edge, with an American flag hanging beside a boarded up window that faces away from the home. Her husband kept the shed locked all the time, she said.

"I asked him to destroy them," she said. "I didn't know anything else about them. I thought he did. That's all I know." ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Owner of Limo Involved in Deadly NY Crash Spent Years as FBI Informant Entrapping Muslim Men

Ugh. Shahed Hussain, the limo owner, is maybe in Pakistan. It's his son, the operator of the company, that's been arrested.

Related: Manufacturing Terrorists, DRAD Comic book starring Shahed Hussain
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Two articles, a few different details or emphasis:

Mom with 'gut feeling' stops school shooter before planned attack

Dylan Jarrell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Whoa, close one. Another to add to my white, male, con (often Christian) domestic terrorist list.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 am
Two articles, a few different details or emphasis:

Mom with 'gut feeling' stops school shooter before planned attack

Dylan Jarrell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Whoa, close one. Another to add to my white, male, con (often Christian) domestic terrorist list.

Wow - a big whopping $50,000 bail after being caught headed off to kill children with a car full of weapons.

Good thing he is white. These idiots were held without bail and received life sentences for talking about a plot to kill, but then, they did practice with paint ball guns.

https://theintercept.com/2015/06/25/for ... eal-story/