Beer Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by O Really »

Ah, so now we understand why Jesus turned the water into wine!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:Ah, so now we understand why Jesus turned the water into wine!

For a guy prone to seeing sky fairies, he made a lot of sense
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:... turned the water into wine!
... prone to seeing sky fairies ...
Connection?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

What billy.pilgrim was really feeling when he wrote: For a guy prone to seeing sky fairies, he made a lot of sense
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

I don't know what billy-dot was thinking, but I took it to mean that Jesus, being attuned to the supernatural - including angels - was not totally a loon if he used his power to turn the water to wine. Or maybe it was just a non-sequitur. :?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:Image
Very mature.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:I don't know what billy-dot was thinking, but I took it to mean that Jesus, being attuned to the supernatural - including angels - was not totally a loon if he used his power to turn the water to wine. Or maybe it was just a non-sequitur. :?
I don't think billy.pilgrim had a clue as to what he really wanted to express, either. I think he just saw an opportunity to trash the subject of Vrede too's post; therefore I took a jab at an idiot that refers to the Creator as a sky fairy. I'm not a religious man, but I have respect for those who have religious beliefs in whatever their religious beliefs are. His remark is no different than homerfobe calling homosexuals the vile names he does. I have no opinion one way or the other on homosexuality or Christianity; therefore I think it's childish and degrading to run either of the subjects in the muck.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:Very mature.
Fits right in with yours and billy's posts, doesn't it? When in Rome. . .

You're the one famous for your butthurt remarks; I only provided an illustration. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:I don't think billy.pilgrim had a clue as to what he really wanted to express, either. I think he just saw an opportunity to trash the subject of Vrede too's post ...
It was O Really's post and billy.pilgrim was clearly expressing agreement with O Really's pro-Jesus sentiment. You fail English, again.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:I don't know what billy-dot was thinking, but I took it to mean that Jesus, being attuned to the supernatural - including angels - was not totally a loon if he used his power to turn the water to wine. Or maybe it was just a non-sequitur. :?
not sure at all where Vrede is coming from - maybe he didn't read the post on page 3. I'll go with that as Vrede is usually pretty perceptive.

seth, as usual, is a moron who is obsessed with assholes

O Really pretty much got it right, but I meant it as a larger compliment to Jesus, who in spite of his delusions, made a lot of sense about how we should conduct ourselves
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I took your post to be either appreciation for Jesus' wine making or for what you say here:
billy.pilgrim wrote:O Really pretty much got it right, but I meant it as a larger compliment to Jesus, who in spite of his delusions, made a lot of sense about how we should conduct ourselves
Whichever, your post was a response to O Really's post, not mine.
billy.pilgrim wrote:... seth, as usual, is a moron ...
Agreed.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:I took your post to be either appreciation for Jesus' wine making or for what you say here:
billy.pilgrim wrote:... O Really pretty much got it right, but I meant it as a larger compliment to Jesus, who in spite of his delusions, made a lot of sense about how we should conduct ourselves
When I responded, it was to your "connection ?" post

I've always respected JC iny own way

(do ya reckon seth is really bb. he is basically the same idiot without all the bible verses)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:When I responded, it was to your "connection ?" post ...
Ah, it was a goofy joke about drunks hallucinating.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote: I'm not a religious man, but I have respect for those who have religious beliefs in whatever their religious beliefs are. .
Really? How about Wiccans? Muslims? Westboro Baptists? Church of Body Modification? At what point would you be willing to say "religion can't perpetually be used as an excuse for a really ridiculous belief." ?

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: It was O Really's post and billy.pilgrim was clearly expressing agreement with O Really's pro-Jesus sentiment. You fail English, again.
Fail English? That's to funny! I might need my glasses cleaned though! :lol: Sorry, didn't mean to out you. :silent:
billy.pilgrim wrote: seth, as usual, is a moron who is obsessed with assholes
No billy, I'm not obsessed with you, I'm only commenting on your post.
billy.pilgrim wrote: (do ya reckon seth is really bb. he is basically the same idiot without all the bible verses)
I'm assuming you mean Mr.B. Of course I'm Mr.B and you're really homerfobe; basically.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote: I'm not a religious man, but I have respect for those who have religious beliefs in whatever their religious beliefs are. .
Really? How about Wiccans? Muslims? Westboro Baptists? Church of Body Modification? At what point would you be willing to say "religion can't perpetually be used as an excuse for a really ridiculous belief." ?
I have no opinion one way or the other. I'm not stepping into a pissing pot of slurs being slung back and forth over what I believe/support/endorse or don't believe/support/endorse.
Last edited by Seth Milner on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:It was O Really's post and billy.pilgrim was clearly expressing agreement with O Really's pro-Jesus sentiment. You fail English, again.
Fail English? That's to (ironic sic, too funny!) funny! I might need my glasses cleaned though! :lol: Sorry, didn't mean to out you. :silent: ...

Huh? What outing have you supposedly done?
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:It was O Really's post and billy.pilgrim was clearly expressing agreement with O Really's pro-Jesus sentiment. You fail English, again.
Fail English? That's to (ironic sic, too funny!) funny! I might need my glasses cleaned though! :lol: Sorry, didn't mean to out you. :silent: ...

Huh? What outing have you supposedly done?
Wrong choice of words. I fail English

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

What happened to the Beer Thread? Gone to get some. Later.

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote:
I have no opinion one way or the other. I'm not stepping into a pissing pot of slurs being slung back and forth over what I believe/support/endorse or don't believe/support/endorse.
No slurs from me. Here's my position: a person can believe whatever they want. They can believe the Earth is flat, that Hobbits live in Bat Cave, that wearing their lucky shirt makes the Packers win... whatever. And they can call their beliefs "religion" and say it's based on ancient writings. I don't care. But I don't have to give credence to their beliefs just because they say it's "religious" - whether or not I have any "religious" beliefs myself. My question for you is, why would you consider all beliefs considered religious to be equal or equally deserving of respect?