Super Bowl Ads

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Super Bowl Ads

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: I did like:
Doritos, the smaller kid riding a huge dog to get the bag from the bigger one.
I didn't care for that one at the first, but I liked the ending....
At the beginning was a message that's it's OK to sass your parents, and Mom just shrug it off.
Mom: "Boys, can I get some help here?"
Sassy little Son: "I don't know, can you?"...... If I had said something like that when I was growing up, I would have been the one needing help!

The most enjoyable/adorable was the Budweiser/puppy love commercial. Well done!

Here's the link to all the ads....enjoy!

Game Day Ads

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad sparks racist backlash

"Yep, that's America, too." :thumbdown:
If the media had just stayed out of it instead of broadcasting the hate across the web, there would have been no controversy.
People only post hate junk to see it in print.......God Bless America. Red and Yellow, Black and White!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I didn't watch the superbowl, but I heard that there was a scientology ad played in certain places:

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:

If the media had just stayed out of it instead of broadcasting the hate across the web, there would have been no controversy.
People only post hate junk to see it in print.......God Bless America. Red and Yellow, Black and White!
Of course out of a country of 300+ million you're going to have some bigoted, racist individuals. Fact is, you'll have racists and bigots anywhere you go, even places that are supposedly more "tolerant" than the USA. But like I said, the media needs its controversies and the public feeds off of drama. Blind racism is drama par excellence. Social media has turned reality itself into a gigantic f'ing TV show.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Any other likes or dislikes? I'm not gonna watch them all."
Yep, I liked The Radio Shack ad that featured celebs from the 80's, The Audi-Doberhuahua ad ( :lol: ) , The Budweiser/A Hero's Welcome ad,
Terry Crews and the Muppets, and The Doritos Time Machine.

For the most part, I hate commercials...but, but, but....

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Mr.B wrote:

And lost in the bigotry is the gay couple :-H
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:And lost in the bigotry is the gay couple :-H
I missed that the first time through, thanks, with a daughter! Of course, if homerfobe reads your post it won't be.

True dat! :lol:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:The military, Utah, Oklahoma, Virginia, Disney, now the Super Bowl, Coca Cola, multicultural and multilingual, gay male parents - Oh my, the bigots are losing all their pitiful refuges.
They're pulling a reverse chick-fil-a.

Play an ad that pisses off a bunch of people. People that approve of ad flock to the company and buy their product to show their solidarity. Company profits.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

I was back and forth between rooms, so I didn't see that many ads. Most of
them seem to be rather dull with a few that stand out. Cheerios? Already
buy 'em. I caught the Coke ad. Started off like one of those we're just a
super great country and then went with the different languages. Same bs,
different vocabulary. Didn't see the Scientology ad. Is that the one where
the snake jumps out of the mailbox? -0-?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

It's now been announced that Radio Shack is closing approximately 500 stores.......

RadioShack to close 400 to 700 stores

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:It's now been announced that Radio Shack is closing approximately 500 stores.......

RadioShack to close 400 to 700 stores
They deserve it. (The company, not the people.) They had a good niche, but then decided they just wanted to sell phones and contracts so the stores inventory of actual electronics went to nothing. No point of even stepping in there now, plus they were horrible to their employee's and got rid of the ones that were too expensive because they actually knew something. Now it's like, "Where are your resistors?" -- Uh... what's resistor? Wouldn't you rather have a shiny new phone?

ugh....

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Radio Shack used to sell a decent line of home electronics. Note I said "used to". Their products, to me, really went downhill over the years. My biggest gripe was the wiring in their components; it seemed the wires would break under the insulation at point of entry of a speaker, power supply, headphones, or microphones.

Using a volt/ohmmeter, I could usually find the problem and repair it, but it seemed like every time I turned around, I was repairing something....
so I had a choice to make; stop turning around or stop buying. I stopped buying.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

No classics that I saw.

:D

Bizarre.

:clap:

Ick.

:thumbup:

Uber violence, "when millions of children are watching". We are a strange people.

Santana! Too briefly.

I liked the halftime show, but it didn't rock my world.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

The million dollar winner was the Doritos commercial; the dogs shopping for Doritos. Funny! :lol:

Vrede too wrote:I liked the halftime show, but it didn't rock my world.
Agree. The one time I would've settled for more commercials.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Do you think the Denver Bronco's winning the super bowl will help with the legalization of marijuana?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

According to wingnut fundie Rick Joyner, God does pick SB winners (not sure about whether it's against the spread or straight up) but he got it wrong in saying the Carolina Panthers would triumph. Maybe it's really Satan whispering in Joyner's ear.

So, maybe the upset was divine intervention on behalf of CO's stand for freedom, beneficial economics and sane public policy. Or, maybe S/He just picked the less self-congratulatory, faith-promoting Christian QB.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not shown during the SB, but should have been:

1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Wait a minute. Let's see here: "Visit the Doritos Forest" When they get there, there's no trees; yet the activists are bemoaning PepsiCo being the world's leader in palm oil. Makes it appear that the palm trees must be destroyed to obtain the oil. How can it be a "Doritos Forest" if there are no palm trees?

Along with coconut oil, palm oil is one of the few highly saturated vegetable fats and is semi-solid at room temperature. Like most plant-based products, palm oil contains very little cholesterol.

Palm oil is a common cooking ingredient in the tropical belt of Africa, Southeast Asia and parts of Brazil. Its use in the commercial food industry in other parts of the world is widespread because of its lower cost and the high oxidative stability (saturation) of the refined product when used for frying.

The use of palm oil in food products has attracted the concern of environmental activist groups; the high oil yield of the trees has encouraged wider cultivation, leading to the clearing of forests in parts of Indonesia in order to make space for oil-palm monoculture. This has resulted in significant acreage losses of the natural habitat of the orangutan, of which both species are endangered; one species in particular, the Sumatran orangutan, has been listed as critically endangered. In 2004, an industry group called the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) was formed to work with the palm oil industry to address these concerns. Additionally, in 1992, in response to concerns about deforestation, the Malaysian Government pledged to limit the expansion of palm oil plantations by retaining a minimum of half the nation's land as forest cover.
(Wikipedia)

"For every action, (cultivation) there is an opposite and opposing reaction (activists)" - - - :violent:
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

:lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Didn't bother watching it all the way through. Faulty premise - the Nazis are the ones that want Big Brother to be their surrogate on doctors' backs and in women's wombs. Plus, that same scene has been used for several other issues, with different subtitles. Boring and uncreative.

Also, Godwin's Law = Automatic loser.

I thought the ad was funny until the end, which I think is creepy.
1312. ETTD.