America's Got Talent

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: America's Got Talent

Unread post by Seth Milner »

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:How long are you going to keep this pissing contest going?
Once again you drag me back into a topic BY NAME, and then stupidly act like it was wrong of me to respond. :roll:

Seth Milner wrote:Keep rolling your eyes ....
Keep playing stupid, and people will continue to take you at face value. :roll:
Last edited by Seth Milner on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

This thread is supposed to be about talent; that leaves you out in the cold.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Finals now. http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/ ... /season-11

My opinion:

Laura Bretan - Amazing, but I'm not into opera, or solo singers on this show when we have other shows for that.
Jon Dorenbos - Can't see magic being the best talent.

Tape Face - Hilarious, but maybe not that hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBv87NP5Qc

Sal Valentinetti - Another solo singer.
The Clairvoyants - More magic.

Viktor Kee, heckuva showman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is6u-on3oOc
Had a drop at 2:45. I like the short sets, would not go see an hour or longer Vegas show. He was 5th in his semi, the last to advance. Unlikely to win.

Sofie Dossi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTYmBcX08U
2:35 & 3:40 Wow. 4th in her semi, may be in trouble. My favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtXQnpIf20
Grace VanderWaal - If a solo singer wins, I hope it's her. Cutie pie, original songs, rare voice - reminds me of Melanie. She's my pick for 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFknAdVvNM

Brian Justin Crum - Another solo singer.

Linkin' Bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyb0ygs-org

:clap: :-|| My pick for 2nd, could decide 1st tomorrow or after the final performances.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Finals now. http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/ ... /season-11

My opinion:

Didn't make the top 5:

Laura Bretan - Amazing, but I'm not into opera, or solo singers on this show when we have other shows for that.
Tape Face - Hilarious, but maybe not that hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcEQYQi_sU4

:D

Viktor Kee, heckuva showman.... I like the short sets, would not go see an hour or longer Vegas show. He was 5th in his semi, the last to advance. Unlikely to win.
Linkin' Bridge. :clap: :-|| My pick for 2nd, could decide 1st tomorrow or after the final performances (was working, didn't watch live). Finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTy3_jxOgCg

Such a rich sound!

Sofie Dossi! ... Wow. 4th in her semi, may be in trouble. My favorite. Finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNN9Ty9_0vc

I'll bet she's already being courted by Cirque du Soleil and others, may end up in Vegas soon, regardless.

5th:
Sal Valentinetti - Another solo singer.
4th: Brian Justin Crum - Another solo singer.

"Only 1% separated the top 3."

3rd:
Jon Dorenbos - Can't see magic being the best talent.

That leaves:

The Clairvoyants - More magic.
Grace VanderWaal - If a solo singer wins, I hope it's her. Cutie pie, original songs, rare voice - reminds me of Melanie. She's my pick for 3rd. Finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_9Rb4ktu0
AND THE WINNER IS…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEVDi0Auo4

:clap: "Grace VanderWaal was announced as the winner making it the first time that a female act has won the show since Season 1." This is Season 11.

Can you imagine if the skinny girl sitting next to you in 7th grade had her own Las Vegas show before 8th grade?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I suggest full screen for all of these.

I'm a biased against projection acts because so much is a computer program rather than onstage talent, but this is pretty cool:

Front Pictures: You Have To See This Amazing Projection Act - America's Got Talent 2018

Advanced.

Sixto & Lucia: Quick Change Duo Switch Outfits At Impressive Speeds - America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: Don't know if it'll still be fresh enough after a few performances, but advanced for now.

Watch this, really, WATCH THIS:

Courtney Hadwin: 13-Year-Old Golden Buzzer Winning Performance - America's Got Talent 2018

Hard To Handle Lyrics

:clap: :clap: :clap: :-|| She could win. She's got other vids on YT if you're as captivated as I am. This backstory video is really just the first 2 minutes, you've already seen the rest:

Courtney Hadwin GOLDEN BUZZER Full STORY / FULL BACKSTORY America's Got Talent 2018 Auditions AGT

Otis Redding - Hard To Handle

I think he would be proud of Courtney. The Black Crowes did a version, too.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I missed the final half hour due to SC election coverage, may add more if I watch the rerun on Sun. night. These 3 all advanced with 4 votes. I suggest full screen.

Troy James Terrifies Judges With Chilling Contortion - America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: "I work in human resources." :D Irony, 'cause he ain't human. I doubt that a contortionist can win it all and there may be better ones out there, but he's an excellent showman. 1,121,407 views already.

Vivien Vajda: Hungarian Girl Is The Worlds BEST Jump Roper! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: I doubt that a jump roper can win it all, but I've never seen tricks like that.

Brian King Joseph: Viral Violinist Known As “The King Of Violin” WOWS! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: He could go far. Rock on. Y'all remember Papa John Creach?

Hot Tuna - Papa John's Down Home Blues - 3/4/1988 - Fillmore Auditorium (Official)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Round 2, 1st night. I wasn't blown away. These 2 acts were good and were among the 7 out of 18 to advance, full screen:

Duo Transcend: Guy Drops His Wife Mid Air In STUNT ACCIDENT!! | America's Got Talent 2018

Whoa.

Yeah, but could she do this?

Junior New System: Philippine Dancers Who MASTERED The High Heals! | America's Got Talent 2018
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Joseph O'Brien: He's a Shy Small-Town Boy But He Has A Dream! | America's Got Talent 2018

Nice recovery. I won't be rooting for him to win it all, but I'm glad he advanced after that.

Cool trick, full screen:

Rob Lake: Chained Up Illusionist Magically Disappears - America’s Got Talent 2018

I don't see myself rooting for a magician to win it all, but I'm good with him advancing.

Angel City Chorale: America’s Got Talent 2018

I like Olivia Munn's ruse at the end.

:clap: They could win it all. Their friends and family networks alone are a healthy voting bloc. Okay by me.
$1,000,000 / 160 = $6250. :D
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wiki: Week 3

I like these folks:

We Three: Sibling Band Get HUGE Praise From Martina McBride After THIS! | America's Got Talent 2018

Advanced to live show.

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 am
The Savitsky Cats: Super Trained Cats Perform Exciting Routine - America's Got Talent 2018

What???!!! You can't train cats. They advanced, 4-0.
They did it again, even better. My favorite of the night, full screen.

The Savitsky Cats: The Most TALENTED Cats You Won't Believe It! | America's Got Talent 2018

:-|| That's just crazy! Advanced to live show. It would be a longshot, but if the nation's cat people step up . . .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 am
Sixto & Lucia: Quick Change Duo Switch Outfits At Impressive Speeds - America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: Don't know if it'll still be fresh enough after a few performances, but advanced for now.

Sixto & Lucia: The Quick-Change Couple That Broke Up Step It Up | America's Got Talent 2018

Did not advance, but I think they're amazing.

Both of these advanced:

Yumbo Dump: Japanese Big Belly Duo Will Make YOU "Feel So Good"!! | America's Got Talent 2018

:lol: :clap: I hope they don’t win, but I am looking forward to their next appearance.

Brian King Joseph Violinist "Something Just Like This" America's Got Talent 2018 Judge Cuts 4 AGT

:clap: I liked the audition more, but still great. I wouldn't bet on it, but he could win it all.

Live Quarterfinals, Week 1 tomorrow. Guest: Darci Lynne Farmer, 13-year-old ventriloquist winner last year. I loved her.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 pm
... Live Quarterfinals, Week 1 tomorrow. Guest: Darci Lynne Farmer, 13-year-old ventriloquist winner last year. I loved her.
Opps, she's on tonight during the results show.

12 acts Tuesday night, 7 will advance. I only liked 4, so I've got decent odds of them all going through. In ascending order:

Shin Lim: He's The World's Smoothest (and Sexiest!) Close-Up Magician! | America's Got Talent 2018

Magic, especially card tricks, ain't really my thing, but he's excellent at what he does. These next two are virtually tied for me, full screen:

Junior New System: HIGH HEEL Dance Boys Bring Pinoy Power To America! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: Way better than the other dancers last night, a high school group. Though roughly equal for me, I suspect these folks will be more popular than Junior New System, crank the speakers:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm

:clap: They could win it all. Their friends and family networks alone are a healthy voting bloc. Okay by me.

Angel City Chorale: ANGELIC Choir Want To Heal The World With Music | America's Got Talent 2018

I like the drum lines, they always bring something extra. Howie might be correct, I'll bet the acoustics are even more amazing in the theater.

My favorite again. 200 million views of her audition! I've probably watched it 10 times. If Joe Cocker were reincarnated as a 14-year-old girl with an even better voice, crank the speakers:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 am
Watch this, really, WATCH THIS:

Courtney Hadwin: 13-Year-Old Golden Buzzer Winning Performance - America's Got Talent 2018

Hard To Handle Lyrics

:clap: :clap: :clap: :-|| She could win. She's got other vids on YT if you're as captivated as I am. This backstory video is really just the first 2 minutes, you've already seen the rest:

Courtney Hadwin GOLDEN BUZZER Full STORY / FULL BACKSTORY America's Got Talent 2018 Auditions AGT

Otis Redding - Hard To Handle

I think he would be proud of Courtney. The Black Crowes did a version, too.

Courtney Hadwin: Shy British Schoolgirl With SHOCKING Talent WOWS! | America's Got Talent 2018

:-|| :-|| :-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:07 am
12 acts Tuesday night, 7 will advance. I only liked 4, so I've got decent odds of them all going through. In ascending order:

.... These next two are virtually tied for me, full screen:
Junior New System: HIGH HEEL Dance Boys Bring Pinoy Power To America! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: Way better than the other dancers last night, a high school group. Though roughly equal for me, I suspect these folks will be more popular than Junior New System, crank the speakers:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Angel City Chorale: ANGELIC Choir Want To Heal The World With Music | America's Got Talent 2018

I like the drum lines, they always bring something extra. Howie might be correct, I'll bet the acoustics are even more amazing in the theater.
:lol: I failed in the first 13 minutes. These two acts plus Diabolo Artist Mochi are up for a single audience save. Not choosing between my favs, but I'll bet that Angel City Chorale gets saved.

Week 1 (August 14–15)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:20 pm
:lol: I failed in the first 13 minutes. These two acts plus Diabolo Artist Mochi are up for a single audience save. Not choosing between my favs, but I'll bet that Angel City Chorale gets saved.

Week 1 (August 14–15)
Opps, I'd forgotten how it works with the 6th, 7th and 8th most favorite acts. The audience did indeed save Angel City Chorale :clap: , then it was up to the judges to save another act. They tied 2-2, so it was kicked back to how the audience had voted - not sure if it was last night, tonight or combined. Junior New System got saved :clap: , presumably the 7th place act. So, they'll need to step it up ( :wave: ) in order to survive the semis.

Magician Shin Lim :clap: and phenom singer Courtney Hadwin :clap: :clap: :clap: also advanced. I went 4 for 4, barely. :thumbsup: I'm a pretty mainstream American for a radical. :D

Darci Lynne, The 13-Year-Old Ventriloquist, Returns With "Show Off" - America's Got Talent 2018

:-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Quarterfinals Week 2 (August 21–22)

7 out of 12 advance, others will be fine but just 2 I'm really rooting for, should have decent odds. Full screen for both.

Da Republik: Dominican Dance Group On FIRE! | America's Got Talent 2018

Gotta be an advantage having an entire nation rooting for you. The lead in, not shown above, showed them getting introduced by and performing for the Dominican Republic's president since doing well on AGT. Cool.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 am
The Savitsky Cats: Super Trained Cats Perform Exciting Routine - America's Got Talent 2018

What???!!! You can't train cats. They advanced, 4-0.
They did it again, even better. My favorite of the night, full screen.

The Savitsky Cats: The Most TALENTED Cats You Won't Believe It! | America's Got Talent 2018

:-|| That's just crazy! Advanced to live show. It would be a longshot, but if the nation's cat people step up . . .
Maybe not quite as sharp as the first two performances . . . but they're training friggin' cats!

Savitsky Cats: Simon Cowell Suffers LAUGH ATTACK After Amazing Cat Act! | America's Got Talent 2018

Results tonight.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:37 am
Quarterfinals Week 2 (August 21–22)

7 out of 12 advance, others will be fine but just 2 I'm really rooting for, should have decent odds. Full screen for both.

Da Republik: Dominican Dance Group On FIRE! | America's Got Talent 2018

Gotta be an advantage having an entire nation rooting for you. The lead in, not shown above, showed them getting introduced by and performing for the Dominican Republic's president since doing well on AGT. Cool.
Ut-oh. They're 6th, 7th or 8th. Audience will save one, judges will save another (back to audience vote if they tie 2-2). They're losing the audience early.

Maybe my paranoia, but does anti-Hispanic bias play a role? The other two are a 15-year-old white singer and a white projection artist.

Edit: Oh no, the cats went home! I might get skunked.
1312. ETTD.