Hobby Fall-Out

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Hobby Fall-Out

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:"Mr.B twists Christianity to support his hate and bigotry, so it should come as no surprise that he twists patriotism to do the same."
Yeah, God save the queen and all that. Your country is still under the influence of the French and British. That flag and our guns broke us free from all that monarchy garbage....unless of course you're counting Obama.
Thank you for proving my point.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:"Well, I guess you get an A in creative interpretation, Mr.B, but you probably don't want to get out of the fiction section."
:lol: :lol:

"(BTW, what is your interpretation in the pic that the US flag is displayed backwards?)"
Inasmuch as flags aren't made with the star fields on opposite ends to accommodate which way they're facing, I'd say it would be correct if she were standing on the other side of the flag, or if the flag was displayed upright, huh? You get an A for disambiguation.
Oh, no. You can't expect to get by with that. Of course flags have two sides. But this isn't a casual "walk by a flag" image. It was posed and, according to you, uses the flag specifically symbolically. Therefore it was backward. So my revised question for you is, did they intentionally take the pic on the wrong side of the flag (and if so, what does it mean), or were they just ignorant?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

imagine if bb had been born in iran, he would be calling for the destruction of all christian and jews in some sort of hole war
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:imagine if bb had been born in iran, he would be calling for the destruction of all christian and jews in some sort of hole war
I've pointed this out before. His personal phobias and hatreds define what he calls Christianity, not the other way 'round.

He couldn't care less about the history of his religion, how major changes have been edited in or out over the centuries. The current revision - or at least the Western current revision - is the home team. Ethics or compassion or analysis don't enter into it; he shakes his pom-poms for the home team, because that's what you do, just like the other team does for theirs. What particular religion it is, is irrelevant.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Pretty sure there was a Muslim commenter on twitter explaining their side just like Mr. B did.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Stop it please! Y'all are killing me....! All the unemployed comedians out there, and you loonies are concentrated right here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"imagine if bb had been born in iran, he would be calling for the destruction of all christian and jews in some sort of hole war"
Vrede wrote:". . . and his opinion of women and gays would largely be the same".
Hmmm....gays....hole war....largely. You two sure are obsessed with gays and large holes, aren't you. You two ought to get together, (if you ain't already) :sick:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Stop it please! Y'all are killing me....! All the unemployed comedians out there, and you loonies are concentrated right here... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel the same way when you call yourself a Christian.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: "Stop it please! Y'all are killing me....! All the unemployed comedians out there, and you loonies are concentrated right here..." :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I feel the same way when you call yourself a Christian."
And I feel pity for you. All that pent-up hatred for Christianity ain't good for you....spiritually or mentally.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "So my revised question for you is, did they intentionally take the pic on the wrong side of the flag (and if so, what does it mean), or were they just ignorant?"
Could'a been any of your suggestions. I wasn't there, so I couldn't ask 'em.
(probably a good thing I wasn't there; might'a got shot for ogling! :shock: )

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: "Stop it please! Y'all are killing me....! All the unemployed comedians out there, and you loonies are concentrated right here..." :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I feel pity for you. All that pent-up hatred for Christianity ain't good for you....spiritually or mentally.
Don't kid yourself. I may not be religious, but I have plenty of respect for good Christians.

What I have contempt for is folks like you using Christianity - or any other religion - as a scapegoat for your personal bigotry, phobias and hatred.

Or twisting Christianity for political aims. Hobby Lobby for example, who provided emergency contraceptives Plan B and Ella to employees as part of their insurance plan **before** ObamaCare, and invests in mutual funds which in turn invest in manufacturers of contraception.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "So my revised question for you is, did they intentionally take the pic on the wrong side of the flag (and if so, what does it mean), or were they just ignorant?"
Could'a been any of your suggestions. I wasn't there, so I couldn't ask 'em.
True that, but your not being there didn't keep you from offering up a detailed interpretation, did it? What did you use other than your vivid imagination to come up with that?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:

today when some crazy genocidal freaks start taking about the voices in their head demanding that they kill people - we lock the crazy paranoid schizophrenic up
a few thousand years ago, the ignorant turned this crazy crap into a genocidal religion of constant war against everyone else

1. Under God's direction, Moses' army defeats the Midianites. They kill all the adult males, but take the women and children captive. When Moses learns that they left some live, he angrily says: "Have you saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." So they went back and did as Moses (and presumably God) instructed, killing everyone except for the virgins. In this way they got 32,000 virgins -- Wow! (Even God gets some of the booty -- including the virgins.) 31:1-54
2. God killed all the Egyptian firstborn. 33:4

there are still morons who follow this crap and want to kill everyone who doesn't agree with their personal deviation of the sky fairy
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:"Well, I guess you get an A in creative interpretation, Mr.B, but you probably don't want to get out of the fiction section."
:lol: :lol:

"(BTW, what is your interpretation in the pic that the US flag is displayed backwards?)"
Inasmuch as flags aren't made with the star fields on opposite ends to accommodate which way they're facing, I'd say it would be correct if she were standing on the other side of the flag, or if the flag was displayed upright, huh? You get an A for disambiguation.
rstrong wrote: "Mr.B twists Christianity to support his hate and bigotry, so it should come as no surprise that he twists patriotism to do the same."
Yeah, God save the queen and all that. Your country is still under the influence of the French and British. That flag and our guns broke us free from all that monarchy garbage....unless of course you're counting Obama.
As far as I know, there's no etiquette with regard to displaying the American flag on such a horizontal pole arrangement as the photo. If the flag is displayed flat, as on a wall, the field of stars is to be on the left as you view the flag. I don't think it much matters how you hold your gun or Bible, or if you even bring them.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote: As far as I know, there's no etiquette with regard to displaying the American flag on such a horizontal pole arrangement as the photo. If the flag is displayed flat, as on a wall, the field of stars is to be on the left as you view the flag. I don't think it much matters how you hold your gun or Bible, or if you even bring them.
The error wasn't by the hanger of the flag, who may or may not have had anything to do with the photo. The error in the clearly posed pic is that since the flag is used as a backdrop, it is as if it were on the wall and the stars should be on the left. Not that I get all wrapped up in meaningless flag etiquette errors. But Mr.B says there is great and significant symbolism in that pic. That each part stands for something of value to "real" 'Muricans. Therefore, they must have chosen to display the back side of the flag - or they're just ignorant yay-hoos living out the "Guns, God, and Glory" bumper sticker. Surely that couldn't be it, could it?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:

today when some crazy genocidal freaks start taking about the voices in their head demanding that they kill people - we lock the crazy paranoid schizophrenic up
a few thousand years ago, the ignorant turned this crazy crap into a genocidal religion of constant war against everyone else

1. Under God's direction, Moses' army defeats the Midianites. They kill all the adult males, but take the women and children captive. When Moses learns that they left some live, he angrily says: "Have you saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." So they went back and did as Moses (and presumably God) instructed, killing everyone except for the virgins. In this way they got 32,000 virgins -- Wow! (Even God gets some of the booty -- including the virgins.) 31:1-54
2. God killed all the Egyptian firstborn. 33:4

there are still morons who follow this crap and want to kill everyone who doesn't agree with their personal deviation of the sky fairy
That's clearly all a misinterpretation of scripture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shh: :shh:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:That's clearly all a misinterpretation of scripture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shh: :shh:
To be fair to Mr. B, he's stated outright that he doesn't consider the Old Testament to be part of Christianity.

And he's made it clear that even in the New Testament, there's plenty that you're supposed to be disregard. He has magic decoder ring or something that lets him know which New Testament commandments you're supposed to obey and which ones you're supposed to ignore.

He's an à la carte Christian.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

could also be al fresco.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote: As far as I know, there's no etiquette with regard to displaying the American flag on such a horizontal pole arrangement as the photo. If the flag is displayed flat, as on a wall, the field of stars is to be on the left as you view the flag. I don't think it much matters how you hold your gun or Bible, or if you even bring them.
The error wasn't by the hanger of the flag, who may or may not have had anything to do with the photo. The error in the clearly posed pic is that since the flag is used as a backdrop, it is as if it were on the wall and the stars should be on the left. Not that I get all wrapped up in meaningless flag etiquette errors. But Mr.B says there is great and significant symbolism in that pic. That each part stands for something of value to "real" 'Muricans. Therefore, they must have chosen to display the back side of the flag - or they're just ignorant yay-hoos living out the "Guns, God, and Glory" bumper sticker. Surely that couldn't be it, could it?
Yeah, that's probably it; God, guns, and glory have and will always be popular in varying degrees. I myself feel it has peaked and is on the slide. And for some reason, the way the pro sports teams and others would hang the flag from the center of the speaker cluster in stadiums....I just sort of thought that was not right somehow. I must have a subliminal flag etiquette syndrome, which is weird since I don't even have a flag. Just my luck, another condition that begs for treatment.....