The Friday Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

The Friday Thread

Unread post by JTA »

About that time of the year again.

That's right. It's almost Friday.

The countdown to fun has begun.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The Friday Thread

Unread post by Mr.B »

When I was working, like everyone else I used to say T.G.I.F...!

Until I retire again, I'll just have to say S.W.T.H.I.F..... "So What The H*ll, It's Friday"....

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

What is one to do if they don't feel like working on Monday, and they want it to be Friday again? Is there a solution to this pickle I've found myself in?

Mr. B, please advise.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Please figure it out quickly, it's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote: "What is one to do if they don't feel like working on Monday, and they want it to be Friday again? Is there a solution to this pickle I've found myself in?...Mr. B, please advise."
bannination wrote: "Please figure it out quickly, it's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'd say y'all are up that legendary creek without a paddle!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:
JTA wrote: "What is one to do if they don't feel like working on Monday, and they want it to be Friday again? Is there a solution to this pickle I've found myself in?...Mr. B, please advise."
bannination wrote: "Please figure it out quickly, it's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'd say y'all are up that legendary creek without a paddle!
8/4/2014 Never Forget.

bannination
Captain

Well, it was a lot of work, but I made it through Monday. Yep, it was a long trip, but I went to the mailbox, took out my Obama check, and now I know I'm safe for another week.

WHEW!!!!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:Well, it was a lot of work, but I made it through Monday. Yep, it was a long trip, but I went to the mailbox, took out my Obama check, and now I know I'm safe for another week.

WHEW!!!!
I've just been informed by some confidential sources that Tuesday follows Monday, and is in fact no more enjoyable than Monday. Looks like we're not in the clear yet. The Obama has struck again.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

JTA wrote:
bannination wrote:Well, it was a lot of work, but I made it through Monday. Yep, it was a long trip, but I went to the mailbox, took out my Obama check, and now I know I'm safe for another week.

WHEW!!!!
I've just been informed by some confidential sources that Tuesday follows Monday, and is in fact no more enjoyable than Monday. Looks like we're not in the clear yet. The Obama has struck again.
Well, even though it transpired way before Obama's time, the Allman Brothers warned us that "they call it stormy Monday; Tuesday's just as bad. Wednesday's worse; Thursday's oh so sad. The eagle flies on Friday, Saturday I go out to play." (this is where the free Obama phone and extra welfare check for your illegal immigrant comes into play).Actually, the Allman Brothers didn't write that song; I think it was a T Bone Walker song originally, but am not sure. But it doesn't matter; it's still Obama's fault.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

After Friday the 15th., it's gonna be Saturday for me from now on..... :wave: :clap:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:What is one to do if they don't feel like working on Monday, and they want it to be Friday again? Is there a solution to this pickle I've found myself in?

Mr. B, please advise.
There you go - get old.

I did my "retirement" while I was young enough to adventure with it. Worked out for me.
I had some friends that did the adventure while you're young thing, only they weren't smart about it. They lived off of credit cards and the extra money they got from students loans. Now they are hopelessly in debt and sob that they'll never be able to own a home because all their money goes towards student loan debt. ;_;

In all honesty though as much as I like to bitch and moan about work, I'm pretty fortunate. Work pays well and they give us European levels of vacation time not including national holidays, and they actually let you take it. All at once even. We have guys that will take off an entire month in the summer. The funny thing is for some people I work with it's become a point of pride to boast about how they never take vacations. Now, this would be all well in fine if we got money for not taking time off, but we don't. The time doesn't carry over either. Oh well their loss.

I think this is a common occurrence in many workplaces from what I've read on the net and from talking with people in similar lines of work as me. I got no problem doing my time, but I also have a life to live.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Welp....it's Friday again. One more Friday, and it's Saturdays from now on for me.... :clap:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:Welp....it's Friday again. One more Friday, and it's Saturdays from now on for me.... :clap:
Congrats Mr. B. I happy for you!

I decided to take the Friday off. Looks like that was a terrible choice. Rain all weekend.

Nooo :(

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

About that time of the year again.

Mr. B, how's those endless Saturdays going? Was that you I saw last Saturday wearing the jean shorts and straw hat when I was hanging out up in Hendersonville?

Nice little down town you guys/ya'll/you all have. Was my first time spending some time there. I ate lunch at the Pita Palace. It was ok. Greenville's Pita House has me spoiled. Nothing has topped it yet.

bannination
Captain

Oh man, I dread tomorrow, I've got to give a presentation...... oh well, may it be a long weekend.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

bannination wrote:Oh man, I dread tomorrow, I've got to give a presentation...... oh well, may it be a long weekend.
Just remember - nobody in your audience knows more about your topic than you.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:Oh man, I dread tomorrow, I've got to give a presentation...... oh well, may it be a long weekend.
Best of luck. Fridays I try to lay low and avoid workplace drama, of which there is an endless stream. Next job I get I'm working alone in a hole somewhere far away from all humanity.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote: "Mr. B, how's those endless Saturdays going?"
Wonderful! "........I'll just have to say S.W.T.H.I.F..... "So What The H*ll, It's Friday"...." :clap:

"Was that you I saw last Saturday wearing the jean shorts and straw hat when I was hanging out up in Hendersonville?"
T'werent me...I don't wear hats or caps. I let my curly locks sail in the breeze.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:The hair on his head is straight, he must be a nudist now.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:---P