2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

North Carolina Gov. McCrory concedes he lost re-election bid

... McCrory, who became the first sitting North Carolina governor to lose a re-election bid, was weighed down by a series of divisive laws he signed, including House Bill 2.

That law limited LGBT rights and directed transgender people to use restrooms in schools and government buildings corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates. It led to companies, sports organizations and entertainers pulling their business from the state, costing hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars in spending.

With appeals drying up and postelection counts padding Cooper's narrow lead, McCrory announced he was giving up after Durham County elections workers were within an hour of completing the state-ordered recount of 94,000 votes there after technical troubles on election night related to tabulation machines.

County elections board chairman William Brian said the updated tally from the recount, which began Saturday in the heavily Democratic region, conformed almost exactly the original totals.

"They have been correct and accurate since Election Day," Brian said....

McCrory's defeat marks the first time a sitting North Carolina governor has lost a re-election bid since the state constitution was amended in 1977 to allow governors to seek a second term.
:thumbup: :---P

Beaten up by a bunch of LGBTQs.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
North Carolina Gov. McCrory concedes he lost re-election bid

... McCrory, who became the first sitting North Carolina governor to lose a re-election bid, was weighed down by a series of divisive laws he signed, including House Bill 2.

That law limited LGBT rights and directed transgender people to use restrooms in schools and government buildings corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates. It led to companies, sports organizations and entertainers pulling their business from the state, costing hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars in spending.

With appeals drying up and postelection counts padding Cooper's narrow lead, McCrory announced he was giving up after Durham County elections workers were within an hour of completing the state-ordered recount of 94,000 votes there after technical troubles on election night related to tabulation machines.

County elections board chairman William Brian said the updated tally from the recount, which began Saturday in the heavily Democratic region, conformed almost exactly the original totals.

"They have been correct and accurate since Election Day," Brian said....

McCrory's defeat marks the first time a sitting North Carolina governor has lost a re-election bid since the state constitution was amended in 1977 to allow governors to seek a second term.
:thumbup: :---P

Beaten up by a bunch of LGBTQs.
Did not HB2 also contain language that prohibits cities/counties from enacting their own LGBT protection ordinances?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yes, along with prohibiting cities/counties from enacting their own ordinances on a wide range of other topics like the minimum wage. Big Brother Republicans love bigotry and detest local control. I thought it was a bad idea to have all the focus be on the transgender bathroom aspect, but it's pretty cool that it ended up being that transgenders and their allies, almost exclusively, that kicked McCrory's ass out the door.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Indeed. Good work, NC.

Bye, Felicia Pat.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New one to me.
bye felicia

This is not a term you bestow on a person whom you do not care about. It is a more of a GTFO salutation, because you want nothing to do with this girl. She has nothing to offer, and is only there to try to get something for herself. She has no redeeming qualities. As noted, it is a quote from Friday. If you watch the movie, you'll understand the context.

Chick: Can I bum some weed off you?
Dude: Bye Felicia
Chick: I'll hook you up next time I'm holding.
Dude.: Bye Felicia
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:Yes, along with prohibiting cities/counties from enacting their own ordinances on a wide range of other topics like the minimum wage. Big Brother Republicans love bigotry and detest local control. I thought it was a bad idea to have all the focus be on the transgender bathroom aspect, but it's pretty cool that it ended up being that transgenders and their allies, almost exclusively, that kicked McCrory's ass out the door.
To be fair, people probably just liked $$$ more than they hated gays, lesbians and transgenders.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Joe Walsh is Talking Sense

It’s the strangest thing when Glenn Beck and Joe Walsh are talking sense.

(All from Joe Walsh, Tea Party activist and former rightwing GOP Congressman):
So wait...the CIA says Russia messed with our election to help Trump win and Trump attacks...the CIA?

Not Russia? He goes after the CIA?
Where is the Republican outrage today?

Where?

This isn't a partisan issue. It's an American issue.#RussianHackers
Call me naive, but the one person who should call for an investigation is Trump.

No foreign country should ever mess with OUR elections.
There's evidence Russia messed around with our election, but cuz our guy won, people on my side are ok with that?

That's so fucking wrong.
So.................we got a real problem if our soon to be President sides with Russia over our own intelligence agencies.

Hello.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Now that some Republicans are defending our country, Mr.B has party permission to not be the America hating, Trump sucking, useful idiot for Putin that he has been since the "election". We'll see.

Citing 'grave threats' to security, Republicans join effort to investigate Russian interference
bannination wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Yes, along with prohibiting cities/counties from enacting their own ordinances on a wide range of other topics like the minimum wage. Big Brother Republicans love bigotry and detest local control. I thought it was a bad idea to have all the focus be on the transgender bathroom aspect, but it's pretty cool that it ended up being that transgenders and their allies, almost exclusively, that kicked McCrory's ass out the door.
To be fair, people probably just liked $$$ more than they hated gays, lesbians and transgenders.
Forgot this, it wasn't an issue for me.

North Carolina voters’ anger about privatized infrastructure projects should serve as a warning to policymakers

McCrory was a failure in so many ways. Maybe Trump will do us the favor and the nation the disservice of taking him away from NC.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: . . . McCrory was a failure in so many ways. Maybe Trump will do us the favor and the nation the disservice of taking him away from NC.
. . . Cintra can make some quick profits off of the project by collecting tolls in the first few years. After this they could stop doing any serious maintenance or upkeep, because they plan to simply file for bankruptcy when the deferred debt payments come due many years down the road (remember, debt payments are “highly back-ended.” Is this a totally speculative, conspiratorial worry? Not really. Cintra has already filed for bankruptcy on a P3 toll project in Texas and a P3 toll project in Indiana, and it has sold its ownership of the privatized Chicago Skyway—all in the past two years. This isn’t speculation, it’s a business model.
This is a time-honored model for public/private crony ventures.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Now that some Republicans are defending our country, Mr.B has party permission to not be the America hating, Trump sucking, useful idiot for Putin that he has been since the "election". We'll see.

Citing 'grave threats' to security, Republicans join effort to investigate Russian interference
Top GOP leader: Senate to probe reports of Russia hacking

People have to chose - Trump or election integrity and country.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Now that some Republicans are defending our country, Mr.B has party permission to not be the America hating, Trump sucking, useful idiot for Putin that he has been since the "election". We'll see.

Top GOP leader: Senate to probe reports of Russia hacking

This will be rationalized away. Even if definitive proof were to be revealed, proof that could shred even the tiniest sliver of doubt, many would still dismiss it as a ploy hatched by the dishonest media, liberals, or whatever and rally behind their "team".
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

True, many Trumpettes are irredeemable. However, for others there are some thing that even they can't stomach.

Congressman begs Electoral College voters to block Trump

One week to go. I don't think it will happen, but just for discussion's sake what do you think would occur if the Electoral College rejected Trump? Blood in the streets?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Top GOP leader: Senate to probe reports of Russia hacking

Good first step, but there's more that needs to happen.
Sign the petition

Tell Republican Congressional leaders:

“Launch an immediate and public investigation into all of Donald Trump and his cabinet’s inappropriate financial ties to the Russian government.”
We'll see what contortions they go through to investigate the hacking without looking at the financial ties and whether they're successful.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I read a good quote - "it's not so bad that Russia tried to influence the election - what's bad is that we let them."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What's bad is that millions of America-hating Trumpettes knew that it was possible or even likely well before the election and didn't care.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:I read a good quote - "it's not so bad that Russia tried to influence the election - what's bad is that we let them."

Supports that obama is more repug than dem
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Why Vrede...! You didn't sign...?

If Obama survived the onslaught he garnered, maybe Trump can too; who knows? might even get re-elected as well.
Just in case, you best stock up on Depends while the prices are down. If Trump prevails, the prices will surely rise due to demand. :lol: :lol:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:True, many Trumpettes are irredeemable. However, for others there are some thing that even they can't stomach.

Congressman begs Electoral College voters to block Trump

One week to go. I don't think it will happen, but just for discussion's sake what do you think would occur if the Electoral College rejected Trump? Blood in the streets?
There would definitely be some unrest. There would be if it were happening to Hillary. Trump supporters though.... guns.... yeah...