2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

2016 Elections

Unread post by rstrong »

The race between maybe Hillary Clinton and an unnamed Republican candidate is really heating up!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"The race between maybe Hillary Clinton and an unnamed Republican candidate is really heating up!"
Interesting stuff. Unnamed opponents are a bitch to contend with, don't you think?...especially when the contest is heating up....... :roll:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"So many people want me to, I'm giving it total consideration."
- Donald Trump, on running for president again

Yay!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

word

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Sounds as though another Bush may be on the agenda.....

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:Sounds as though another Bush may be on the agenda.....
Yup. And electing him would mean that the War on Terror would be over.

Jeb Bush arranged the pardon and residency in the US for Orlando Bosch with his dad. Bosch was responsible for bombings from South America to Florida, Washington DC and Canada. His "greatest hit" was bombing an airliner out of the sky, killing 73 people.

Jeb is old-school, from the days when state-sponsored terrorism was peachy-keen.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
rstrong wrote:"So many people want me to, I'm giving it total consideration."
- Donald Trump, on running for president again

Yay!
In Harrisburg, Santorum talks presidential bid

... If he runs, the campaign would be much less centered on social issues, Santorum said....

"Everybody knows where I am on those issues,"...
Spreading Santorum
... Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a Baptist preacher, recently quit his Fox News show to explore a campaign. Huckabee won Iowa in 2008 with overwhelming backing from social conservatives.

Ben Carson, a neurosurgeon and conservative pundit, and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz also have appeal on the right....
Yay!
Some guy I work with foams at the mouth for santorum.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

The Klown Kar is already getting full, with all the usual suspects. We'll need lotsta beer and popcorn.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mike Huckabee: Ted Nugent good, Beyoncé bad

Former Arkansas governor and presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee defended his love for Ted Nugent - who wrote a song called "Jailbait" (Lyrics) about his desire to handcuff and rape a 13-year-old girl - on The Daily Show last night.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote:
Mike Huckabee: Ted Nugent good, Beyoncé bad

Former Arkansas governor and presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee defended his love for Ted Nugent - who wrote a song called "Jailbait" (Lyrics) about his desire to handcuff and rape a 13-year-old girl - on The Daily Show last night.
Hopelessly clueless, which is a wingnut hallmark.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, but Obama's the lawless dictator who wipes his ass with the Constitution.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:
Can you give us an example? One that wouldn't apply equally to Republican presidents?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
Can you give us an example? One that wouldn't apply equally to Republican presidents?
Yes, what he allows big foot Michelle Obama to wear. No Republican would allow that lawlessness.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:The Klown Kar is already getting full, with all the usual suspects. We'll need lotsta beer and popcorn.
From People For the American Way:

ImageImageImage
Have you ever heard the term "punchable face"? Because that's what Santorum's face is to me. Even if he was the coolest guy in the world and was a hip/hop artist or reggae musician and was always the designated driver he would still have a punchable face to me.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:Have you ever heard the term "punchable face"? Because that's what Santorum's face is to me. Even if he was the coolest guy in the world and was a hip/hop artist or reggae musician and was always the designated driver he would still have a punchable face to me.
Santorum's 2012 concession speech has been described as the closest he'll ever get to an "It gets better" video.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The GOP has decided to limit the number of primary debates in 2015/2016 to 9.

In 2011 after the 9th Republican debate the front-runner was... Herman Cain.

:thumbup:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:GOP's Christie: Parents should have choice in vaccinations

Parents do have a choice, CC, they can not send their lids to the schools we're all paying for. It's funny that some think they should be free from government and free to endanger others in order to get subsidized by government.
I was reading that it's mostly well off yuppie parents that aren't vaccinating their kids, while poor people continue to get their kids vaccinated. I'll try and post a link when I stop being lazy. They're latching on to a really dangerous fad because they want to feel all holistic and smug. I have a bunch of people on my Facebook that are against vaccinations too. It's crazy. Idiots.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Yep, they include both lefty 'natural' types and some righty fundies, along with conspiracy wingnuts of whatever political leanings. I think mistrust of government and technology can be healthy, but it has to be rational.
My brother is against giving his daughter a flu vaccine because he thinks it's messed up they "inject her with the flu" which is what the flu vaccine is supposed to protect you against in the first place. Surely you don't give someone the flu when you're trying to prevent them from getting the flu. It just doesn't add up according to him.

I don't think he quite understands how vaccines work...

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede wrote:The nasal mist is a weakened version of the flu and can cause mild illness in a small percentage. The shots are killed virus and can't cause the flu, though a few have mild non-flu reactions.

I have a hard time understanding the 'natural' types. Unlike most meds, vaccines work by boosting the body's natural defenses. Instead, many lump them with the antibiotics that don't wait for the body's natural defenses to work or not. Like the RWNJs we more commonly debate on political issues in fora, they are immune to logic, science and reason. I've tried.

Had you gotten the flu vaccine before you got sick and, if not, have you now? I've skipped it some years when not working in healthcare, but am approaching the vulnerable age where I'll probably get it every year now whether working or not.
Had an argument with a co-worker years ago, said they'd never get the flu shot because every time they got it they got horribly sick.

I said ok....... right....

Couple months later he got really bad sick..... I couldn't help but remind him that if he'd gotten the flu shot, he'd be blaming that sickness on it right now.

He agreed. I think I might have lead one person to the light.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Parents do have a choice, CC, they can not send their lids to the schools we're all paying for"
I didn't know lids had to be sent to school before you use 'em...dang! learn something new every day!