2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

Agreed, I just thought it was funny that they're such screw ups.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I think the funny will wear off of it real damn quick.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I anticipate plenty of both funny and tragedy. As for the former:
Trump Slams Schwarzenegger ‘Apprentice’ Ratings in Morning Tweets and the New Host Responds

... All those pesky president-elect duties must be really distracting Donald Trump because it has taken him several days to finally focus on something we know is important to him: The Celebrity Apprentice premiere ratings....
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:Private mail servers? Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice used private accounts for classified emails. In fact Colin Powell advised Hillary to do so. Then there's Bush II, Cheney, Rove and anyone else connected to the Bush White House email controversy, tens of millions of White House emails sent through private servers. Millions of them lost. With the same security issues. And Jeb!, who as Florida governor used his own server against the rules to discuss security and military issues such as troop deployments to the Middle East and the protection of nuclear plants. Other 2016 candidates Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal each have their own missing email scandals. Mitt Romney too. And of course there's all those Congressman who claim that they "don't use email", while having their aides use their private accounts to avoid FOIA requests.
Oh, look! Senior Trump administration staffers including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon are all using an off-site private email server! Exactly the same thing Donald Trump and the Republicans repeatedly called for “locking up” Hillary Clinton over.

That didn't take long.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

IOKIYAR.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump says they will investigate voter fraud.

The View: If they find any we should do the election over. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

He can start his "investigation" with Bannon, currently registered in NY and FL...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

:lol: :lol:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:He can start his "investigation" with Bannon, currently registered in NY and FL...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

:lol: :lol:
Trump's Lawyers in response to Jill Stein requesting a recount:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-at ... aud-2017-1
All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Shades of President* Trump's :lol: :lol: :lol: birferism :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Trump makes outlandish claims during grilling by ABC News anchor over voter-fraud falsehoods

... "You have people that are registered, who are dead, who are illegals who are in two states," he said. "You have people registered in two states. They're registered in a New York and a New Jersey. They vote twice. There are millions of votes, in my opinion. Now, I'm gonna do an investigation." ...
Tiffany Trump on voter rolls in 2 states, despite claims otherwise by Kellyanne Conway

I for one am thrilled that President* Trump is going to investigate voter fraud, drain the swamp and bring honesty to government.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:Shades of President* Trump's :lol: :lol: :lol: birferism :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Trump makes outlandish claims during grilling by ABC News anchor over voter-fraud falsehoods

... "You have people that are registered, who are dead, who are illegals who are in two states," he said. "You have people registered in two states. They're registered in a New York and a New Jersey. They vote twice. There are millions of votes, in my opinion. Now, I'm gonna do an investigation." ...
Tiffany Trump on voter rolls in 2 states, despite claims otherwise by Kellyanne Conway

I for one am thrilled that President* Trump is going to investigate voter fraud, drain the swamp and bring honesty to government.

don't forget Jared

did the entire clan register in multiple states?
I damn sure hope that someone checks to see how often they voted
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

According to the TV news Bannon did not vote in FL. I don't know about the others.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:According to the TV news Bannon did not vote in FL. I don't know about the others.
we may never know

unless Christi grows back the balls that trump had for dinner
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That was supposedly according to FL election officials, not to Bannon.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

My first time voting was in '76, while in the Navy. Voted via an AL absentee ballot cause that was my home of record. When I got out & moved to GA, I registered in GA, but never "unregistered" in AL. Same when we moved to SC in '88. Surely I've been purged from the AL & GA rolls by now, but cannot folks who move around a lot be found on more than one official list of registered voters? No need for any fraud to be involved, since I ain't driving to AL or GA just to cast one more fucking vote, even if I had an old VR card, never mind a DL.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The NC voter reg. form asks: "PREVIOUS VOTER REGISTRATION (This information will be used to cancel your previous voter registration in another county or state.)" I believe that's true in most or all states. So, one has to deliberately choose to have double registration by not filling that section out.

Anyhow, it's President* Trump that says that's fraud when it's really only fraud if one actually votes twice. Even then, it would be a pretty diffuse and unpredictable way to mess with an election.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Boatrocker wrote: No need for any fraud to be involved, since I ain't driving to AL or GA just to cast one more fucking vote, even if I had an old VR card, never mind a DL.
That's what three to million people did, apparently.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:... I for one am thrilled that President* Trump is going to investigate voter fraud, drain the swamp and bring honesty to government.
It turns out Jared Kushner and Sean Spicer are also registered to vote in two states

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

One reason I believe the reports that in-person fraudulent voting is rare is that the logistics would be somewhat complicated, as the 'Rocker pointed out, the reward low for the effort, and the risk significantly enhanced if you're an "illegal" anyway. Plus, the ability to organize people to do that in enough numbers to make a difference would be impossible. But I was thinking - elections are run by the states, without, as far as I know, a national database of voters. So if, hypothetically, I was registered in Florida and North Carolina and let's say for the last election I sent in an absentee ballot for North Carolina and then voted in person in Florida. How long would it take them, and through what processes and analyses to discover that? Each state will have a record that I voted, but for someone to go through all the data for all the states looking for duplicates, and then eliminate the false duplicates from people with the same name, etc. would seem daunting to say the least. It certainly couldn't be done in a time period that would allow a Trumpette to proclaim "proof" of millions of improper votes/voters.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sending in an absentee ballot for one state can be done, but I think it requires still having an address in that state, as you and Wneglia do, or setting up some sort of mail drop. However, it risks prosecution if discovered. Not sure what the penalties are.

The search would not be that difficult, as shown by the discovery of the double registered folks that are close to Trump. Registrations and whether one voted are public record, often available on computer databases.

Eliminating "the false duplicates from people with the same name, etc." would be somewhat harder. It would take the matching of other identifiers like known addresses, birth dates, etc., but much of this can also be done with computer programs.
1312. ETTD.