Kim Jong Underwear

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Kim Jong Underwear

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think we should airdrop several million discs of "The Interview" movie on these dubmasses just for spite. And then jam all their tv stations to show only that movie for about 72 hours and then call them up and ask if they got the message.

rstrong
Captain

Re: Kim Jong Underwear

Unread post by rstrong »

Assuming that North Korea is responsible.

Sony Pictures has been hacked 56 times in the last 12 years. The Interview wasn't originally named as a motivation for this case. But the media seized on this possibility first, and the hackers followed suit.

My theory: This is being used to push the release of The Interview into next year, so that its subtle, elegant humor and quiet dignity can't sweep this year's Oscars.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I tend to think North Korea is behind this. I believe the great leaders paranoia is so great that should this farcical film come out and be seen even marginally in his country, someone WILL knock him off. And even if that doesn't happen, I think he should get a pretty substantial suspended sentence just for his haircut.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:My theory: It sucks when just 5 theater chains can decide what we can or can't see.
This is also true; perhaps concrete evidence of the fear mongering that's been drilled into the public via the "war on terror."

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I sort of think they are that crazy; Kim Jong Un derwear is still under 30 years old I believe, has led a sheltered life, is in complete control,,,,,whether he listens to anyone over there that has any brains is anybody's guess. I mean, he obviously doesn't listen to his barber. -0-?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Sony is just eating up all the free publicity. The film will be released. I'd bet on it.

The attack may or may not have came from NK, but either way, Sony is/will capitalize on the momentum the title has gotten in the news.

I find it strange though that NK brags about every other little missile they launch, but deny a fairly harmless by comparison cyber attack? That just doesn't add up to me.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:Sony is just eating up all the free publicity. The film will be released. I'd bet on it.
I'm hoping that they're negotiating with Netflix and the other streaming services. American cinema chains Regal Entertainment, AMC, Carmike Cinemas, Cinemark Theatres, and Cineworld have announced they would refuse show the sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, because it would be released simultaneously on Netflix.

Netflix should be pointing out that people can watch The Interview in the safety of their own home, rather than in theatres that the theatre chains themselves now claim are terrorist deathtraps.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Back in 1995, Newt Gingrich was pushing for another invasion if Iraq by warning us about Saddam's Hacker Army.

Mother Jones: Your Daily Newt: Saddam Hussein's Hacker Army

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Someone has evidently pulled the plug on North Korea's access to the internet; I read a story about this today saying that such a widespread failure of service such as this is not common, that they routinely experience sporadic interruptions in service by virtue of their primitive infrastructure, but nothing like this.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

North Korea connects to the internet through China. While Anonymous-style hackers could be responsible, it could be the American AND Chinese governments responsible for cutting them off.

Sony - from the lack of prosecution for it's rootkit to the demands it made to press outlets last week - is obviously used to being above the law.

Communism was once China's highest ideal, where in the US it was democracy, capitalism and citizens' rights. They've apparently agreed to meet half-way at authoritarian capitalism.

The attack on Sony is an attack on the emerging political system of both countries.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

North Koreans using the internet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrCQh1usdzE#t=940

Starts at 15:40. Surreal.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Maybe they only have a few options to search for: 1. Dennis Rodman 2. Dear Leader 3. What do you have on, your head? A hard choice.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

neoplacebo wrote:Someone has evidently pulled the plug on North Korea's access to the internet;
Maybe they switched to Comcast.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:o Ahhhhhhhhhgh!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:My theory: This is being used to push the release of The Interview into next year, so that its subtle, elegant humor and quiet dignity can't sweep this year's Oscars.
Mark my words: The Interview will still be robbed at the Oscars.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

rstrong wrote:
rstrong wrote:My theory: This is being used to push the release of The Interview into next year, so that its subtle, elegant humor and quiet dignity can't sweep this year's Oscars.
Mark my words: The Interview will still be robbed at the Oscars.
And indago will drop in to make a point.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr. Obama, did you shut down North Korea's internet access?

Thanks Obama

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I think that would look more appropriate if he were sitting backward with his hands up the horse's ass.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

According to the news it'll be streaming on You Tube Thursday, per an agreement with Sony. From what I hear it'll be a waste of time unless you're a queer. Most of the dialogue centers on penises and butts.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:So, it's not very different from reading your posts, then, though I am just skimming the juvenile rants anymore.

It's a tough one - how badly do I want to take a stand against censorship, is it worth contributing to and wasting 112 minutes on crap? Maybe I'll send the price to an anti-censorship group, instead.
I personally prefer reading about the daughter of the South Korean Airlines CEO who threw a fit over nuts; like Homerphobe does.