Kill List

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Wneglia
Midshipman

Kill List

Unread post by Wneglia »

bannination
Captain

Re: Kill List

Unread post by bannination »

Wneglia wrote:The remarkable, unfathomable ignorance of Debbie Wasserman Schultz

How did she ever become Chair of the DNC?

:mrgreen:
That is pretty bad... and I do think she was pretty rude.

I don't understand why conservatives have a problem with a kill list.... they want a war against terrorists.... and there's only a few ways to do it... you're not fighting armies, you're fighting individuals.

I totally disagree with it... I just don't understand the conservative point of view.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede wrote:When Biden came to Asheville a friend deployed a "What About The Drones?" banner inside. He was quickly hustled out by security but not charged. If Mitten is elected and the program continues (we all know it will), are you up for doing the same with me at the first nearby Mitten or Ryan event we can, Wneglia? Two whitehaired medicos like us doing so will make for a great image and story.
So much for free speech.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Wneglia wrote:The remarkable, unfathomable ignorance of Debbie Wasserman Schultz

How did she ever become Chair of the DNC?

Ignorance is bliss.

Has the DNC filed a missing person report on her? Where is she?

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

Here she is. I can see why she is popular.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showt ... p?t=455080

*ADMIN EDIT* THAT LINK IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK. NSFW. Nothing wrong with that, but please warn people.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

One of the most decorated (and admired and feared) Marines of all time, Lt. Gen. Chesty Puller, said, "Ready to sail across God's vast ocean, where we will meet our enemy and kill them all."

My question - what difference does it make if we kill them one at a time or thousands at a time?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

turdius fell for the photo shop

you would think that even the dumbest idiot would stop to think that brietbarf and wnd would have been all over this

but not turdius, he has to attack a woman who has brest cancer with pictures of some one's tits
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:When Biden came to Asheville a friend deployed a "What About The Drones?" banner inside. He was quickly hustled out by security but not charged. If Mitten is elected and the program continues (we all know it will), are you up for doing the same with me at the first nearby Mitten or Ryan event we can, Wneglia? Two whitehaired medicos like us doing so will make for a great image and story.
If we had such a banner in Hendersonville, they probably would think we were protesting apiaries. :lol:

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

billy.pilgrim wrote:turdius fell for the photo shop

you would think that even the dumbest idiot would stop to think that brietbarf and wnd would have been all over this

but not turdius, he has to attack a woman who has brest cancer with pictures of some one's tits
It is hard on you liberals when you don't know what to think is coming next.

I looked and I could not find a photo shop line.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:There's an offer on the table, Wneglia. You just gonna post about it instead?
Let's take one step at a time. First let's see if Romney gets elected, then see if he continues Obama's policy.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Wneglia wrote:
Vrede wrote:There's an offer on the table, Wneglia. You just gonna post about it instead?
Let's take one step at a time. First let's see if Romney gets elected, then see if he continues Obama's policy.

Speaking of which...

"InTrade and Nate Silver have significantly upgraded President Obama’s odds for victory over the last 72 hours, likely in response to Obama’s improving poll numbers."

http://www.examiner.com/article/intrade ... or-victory

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:
Wneglia wrote:
Vrede wrote:
There's an offer on the table, Wneglia. You just gonna post about it instead?
Revised offer: No matter who is elected, if the program continues (we all know it will) are you up for doing the same with me at the first appropriate event we can, Wneglia? Two grayhaired medicos like us doing so will make for a great image and story. I'd even come to Columbia.
CON and LIB -

What About The Drones?

It just ain't healthcare.
;)
Which town are we least likely to get tossed in jail together? Don't know if I want a rainbow goat in my cell. I will have to say we would be like the odd couple. :lol:

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:C'mon doc, folks might start to think you care more about panning Obama and Schultz than you really do about drones.
Morning Joe's Drone Debate: Whose Four-Year-Old Girls Should Be Killed?

...Scarborough offered up a more passionate critique of drone attacks than you're likely to hear from his left-leaning MSNBC colleagues: "If you're between 17 and 30, and you're within a half-mile of a suspect, we can blow you up."

When Klein interjects to argue that drones are "decimating bad guys," Scarborough responds that the attacks are "taking out a lot of innocent people as well."

Klein marvels at the notion that drones provide the advantage of not needing pilots anymore. The killing can be done via a "joystick from California," which causes Scarborough to respond:
You have four-year-old girls being blown to bits because we have a policy that says, "You know what, instead of trying to go in, take the risk, get the terrorists out of hiding… we're just going to blow up everyone around them."
Scarborough went on to declare:
Listen, I hate to sound like a Code Pink guy here, I'm telling you this is causing, this collateral damage that seems so clean with a joystick from California, this is going to cause the U.S. problems in the future.
While it is abhorent for innocents to suffer in these attacks, the numbers pale in comparison to the 40,000+ slaughtered in Syria, while we only posture with lip service, and a few sanctions that are accomplishing almost nothing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As I've said before, I'm astounded that the US isn't leading the world in BANNING drones.

The US is a superpower, and drones are an equalizer that puts small countries on the same level. We live in a world where a decade ago a legally blind guy built a drone and flew it across the Atlantic. Tin-pot dictatorships and terrorist organizations can build a drone and fly it into a target after launching from dozens, hundreds or thousands of miles away. And the US has paved the way for this to be acceptable.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Well, in Vietnam we killed the "bad guys" and a lot of the other people around them.....sometimes up close and personal and sometimes not. And we lost. Tonight I noticed on ABC news that the US announced the killing of four "higher up" terrorists in Yemen but they didn't say anything about how many coffee cups were broken.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Today in 1973 was the date of the last bombing run over Southeast Asia by US forces. I only know this because I read a story yesterday about a Vietnamese guy beating on an unexploded bomb to get the metal casing from it and it blew both his legs off below the knee and some fingers.

Cannonpointer
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Cannonpointer »

Indeed, Vrede, indeed.
_________________________________________________________________________________

A burglar can only steal what you have.
A banker can steal what you have, and what you're GONNA have.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:That may be an accurate quote but it sure sounds out of context. For example, was it said with pride, regret or as matter of fact?
I'll have to read the book to see if there is some context. Another quote from the same book was from Bill Clinton referring to the 2012 election and saying Obama was luckier than a dog with two dicks. :lol:

BTW. I don't know if O'Really likes Grisham, but "Sycamore Row" is a good read.