Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Seth Milner »

O Really wrote:Do you consider calling someone a "narcissist" an insult, Seth?
No. Vrede too is constantly berating me, and has berated others, about not admitting this or owning up to that, etc.; I'm just slinging his bullshit back at him.

If you've read much about it, you've probably found that the best way to find out if a person is a narcissist is just to ask them. Generally, they're not hiding anything.
"Generally", maybe. Vrede is too proud, high and mighty to admit he has any faults, although now that you've said what you did, he'll strut around a bit and crow a while.

BTW, you ever notice that "Vrede" and SVengali both have "V's" in them?
No, but I did notice that "vagina" also has a ' v ' in it, something that Vrede too is very accomplished in emulating. :wtf:
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

That whining about me is your prime reason for being here is a statement of fact about how pathetic you are. I'm not complaining, just stating my pity. Damn, you're stupid.

O Really expressed solidarity Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:22 am and I responded to it, no need for him to follow up. Damn, you're stupid.

You still don't have the stones to admit the obvious failings in your inaccurate, racist and dumb poster, ones we've all noted. Damn, you're a coward.

Yep, too stupid to see or too cowardly to admit the irony of your CONvenient inability to find easily looked up facts, as I said. Poor thing.

Your idiotic pop psych got mocked by others weeks ago, why should they bother again? Damn, you're a liar.

You can't sling anything "about not admitting this or owning up to that ... back at" me, that's why all you've got is infantile whining. Unlike you, I admit errors immediately. Too bad your parents never taught you personal responsibility, or that they tried and failed.

You misogyny is noted. Your poor wife.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... Probably also wouldn't have happened if the kid's dad hadn't been playing road games, too.
That seems to be what witnesses are saying.

Fatal shooting of 4-year-old began with traffic lane dispute
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

[color=#BF0000]Vrede too[/color] wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:I see silly comments and vile names being thrown at people who wish to defend their rights to own weapons, while blaming gun-related crimes on those who support gun rights as if gun-owners are responsible for criminals having guns.

Every criminal gun was a legal one at some point.

Gun control will work exactly as well as the war on drugs and the Prohibition. Everything will go as smooth as clockwork. :roll:

Dumb comparison. No one is talking about gun prohibition, just reasonable regulation of guns and gun owners.

... Let's say gun control of some way, shape, or form is enacted; now what? Honest people will be the ones to suffer most, because despite any measures in place, some crooked somebody somewhere is going to skirt any laws just to make money. It's already been seen in the news.

That's the NRA dogma, one that's contradicted by the lower violence rates in every other developed democracy. Think for yourself much? Your "investigative journalism" must have been a hoot! ...
Studies show fewer gun deaths in states with strict gun laws

Seth Milner fails facts yet again. No wonder, he is perfectly consistent with the willfully ignorant gunhuggers and gun merchant shills.

What forms of gun control work best? Congress bans federal agencies from finding out.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A day after getting kicked out of an Amtrak train car by the conductor, Chris Christie accuses Black Lives Matter *1 of being about encouraging "murder of police."

Oh, the stupid, offensive, crack-addled, self-demeaning things you must do and say to compete in Republican primaries.

*1) "CNN reports that New Jersey governor Christie, currently polling at homeopathic fractions...."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Je suis Paris and Beirut. :(
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:Je suis Paris and Beirut. :(
Gwynne Dyer again gives an excellent overview of the motives involved, and what's changed recently.

Paris attacks reveal change in terrorist motives

One point he doesn't mention:

While almost every country in the western hemisphere has birthright citizenship, the idea is only gradually taking hold in Europe. People arriving in France from Algeria etc. as cheap labor decades ago, did not get citizenship. But neither did their children born in France. Those children have been growing up, and they're well aware that they're not even second-class citizens. That's the sort of thing that creates poverty, enclaves, resentment, radicalization, etc.

In North America, Muslim immigrants can all get citizenship. Their children born here get it automatically. They integrate with the rest of society.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

France has beaten us to the punch...they're bombing hell out of ISIS in Syria.
I hope the scum is decimated from the face of the earth.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, ignoring for the moment that "house calls in their neighborhood" is what created ISIS in the first place, I suspect if that "pathetic excuse for a public servant" might be more willing to do more bombing if he had a modicum of support from the populace. But a lot of Dems don't want to bomb indiscriminately (or even with reasonable precision) and Republicans who are happy to crucify Obama for not bombing have in the past, and would in the future, crucify him when he does get aggressive.

I don't like the US playing world policeman, but if there were a real international coalition with joint and coordinated multi-national leadership, I'd be happy to bomb anywhere ISIS is or might be and anybody hiding or helping them and all the horses they rode in on.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:France has beaten us to the punch...they're bombing hell out of ISIS in Syria.
Seriously? You honestly don't know that the Obama has had the US "bombing hell out of ISIS in Syria" since before France started, and that France's latest attack, like others before, was done in co-ordination with U.S. forces in the area?

That's just sad.

But it certainly demonstrates why Donald Trump is leading Republican polling.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Obama could give Trump's, ummm, "speeches" word for word including "bomb the shit out of Syria" and all of a sudden none of the right wingers would want to do it. Or build the Great Wall of Texas. Or "humanely" round up 11 million people.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:France has beaten us to the punch...they're bombing hell out of ISIS in Syria.
Seriously? You honestly don't know that the Obama has had the US "bombing hell out of ISIS in Syria" since before France started, and that France's latest attack, like others before, was done in co-ordination with U.S. forces in the area?

That's just sad.

But it certainly demonstrates why Donald Trump is leading Republican polling.
He's an investigative journalist, you can't expect him to know anything. :roll:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:Obama could give Trump's, ummm, "speeches" word for word including "bomb the shit out of Syria" and all of a sudden none of the right wingers would want to do it.
Just so. Of the endless Republican hissy fits over Obama's policies, VERY few of those policies weren't Republican policy before Obama adopted them.

"Exercise a no-fly zone this evening."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/7/11

"I would not have intervened."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/23/11

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:He's an investigative journalist, you can't expect him to know anything. :roll:
Interesting. Given the nature of his posts, I presume that he's currently investigating hallucinogens.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

It's a copy and paste...damn, you guys sure get your asses in a twist over a bit of (celebratory) jest, don't you? Anything I post is not an automatic endorsement of opinion (or fact).

As far as Trump is concerned, he's an immature idiot. As far as the race for POTUS is concerned, if I had a choice, Bernie would be my choice, and that's not saying much for the whole damn lot of them; either party.

Oh yeah, and this: "ISIS is contained". :shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You're right, guys, Seth Milner's knee jerk, unsophisticated 'killing solves everything' attitude is what got us into this mess and, as rstrong's article points out, plays right into the radicals' hands when they really haven't been all that successful in otherwise inspiring the world's 1.62 billion Muslims.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Schrodinger's Douchbag: A guy who says offensive or stupid things and then decides whether he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:It's a copy and paste...damn, you guys sure get your asses in a twist over a bit of (celebratory) jest, don't you? Anything I post is not an automatic endorsement of opinion (or fact)....
Schrodinger's Douchbag: A guy who says offensive or stupid things and then decides whether he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.
:lol:
O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:I Can't Believe We Made It:

I thought Seth Milner was the one arguing for putting a bubble around kids because the world is so dangerous now.

Free Range Kids
Yeah, I guess he was. Of course, the vid he posted "doesn't necessarily reflect the views of the poster..." ...

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopi ... ids#p55246
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:... Oh yeah, and this: "ISIS is contained". :shock:
I don't know whether it is or isn't contained but 7 or 8 evil bastards slaughtering civilians, something almost any defeated military force could still pull off, doesn't disprove it. You're mouthing an ODS talking point without thinking for yourself, and shamefully exploiting hundreds of dead and wounded innocents in the process.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote:Schrodinger's Douchbag: A guy who says offensive or stupid things and then decides whether he was joking based upon the reaction of people around him.
You'll survive it.

"Douchbag"?