Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Our non-resident alien will no doubt clarify this:

The flag of the United States is sometimes symbolically burned, often in protest of the policies of the American government, both within the country and abroad. The United States Supreme Court in Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), and reaffirmed in U.S. v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310 (1990), has ruled that due to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, it is unconstitutional for a government (whether federal, state, or municipality) to prohibit the desecration of a flag, due to its status as "symbolic speech." However, content-neutral restrictions may still be imposed to regulate the time, place, and manner of such expression.

During the United States involvement in the Vietnam War American flags were sometimes burned during war protest demonstrations.
After the Johnson decision, the Flag Protection Act was passed protecting flags from anyone who "mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag". This decision was later struck down in the Eichman decision. After that case, several flag burning amendments to the Constitution were proposed. On June 22, 2005, a Flag Desecration Amendment was passed by the House with the needed two-thirds majority. On June 27, 2006, another attempt to pass a ban on flag burning was rejected by the Senate in a close vote of 66 in favor, 34 opposed, one vote short of the two-thirds majority needed to send the amendment to be voted on by the states.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Image Image

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:Image
You tell us: ARE you serious?

The Confederate flag isn't banned. It's legal to sell. Refusing to be associated with it is not the same as banning it. State legislatures wouldn't fly the other two flags either.

As usual you're posting yet another myth used by Tea Party Republicans to rally the inbreds and the goddamned stupid.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Seth Milner wrote:Image
The rebel flag was never banned, a bunch of retailers just decided to cash in on the feel good gravy train is all.

If it became socially acceptable and legal and they could cash in on selling heroin to toddlers they wouldn't skip a beat.

All about that green man.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Why would anyone be so childish and desperate as to spend "his" days posting such stupid crap in hopes of getting a reaction?
Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:Huh. He STILL doesn't get ...
Ah, the start to so many posts about Seth Milner.

Now Seth Milner, who pontificates ad nauseam on morals and manners, is whining because we treat "him" as being adult and sincere. :crazy:

Whichever it is - posting stupid things "he" believes, stupidly and childishly posting things "he" doesn't believe, or posting and defending stupid things "he" believes then being so cowardly and childish as to deny believing them when challenged - they're all stupid.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote: You tell us: ARE you serious?

The Confederate flag isn't banned. It's legal to sell. Refusing to be associated with it is not the same as banning it. State legislatures wouldn't fly the other two flags either.

As usual you're posting yet another myth used by Tea Party Republicans to rally the inbreds and the goddamned stupid.
What I said: "Our non-resident alien will no doubt clarify this". It's called baiting, rstrong; ask Vrede too. :lol: :lol:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

JTA wrote: The rebel flag was never banned, a bunch of retailers just decided to cash in on the feel good gravy train is all.
All about that green, man.
I know that JTA. I just felt like some indoor fishing today, so I cast my bait. It worked, I caught the two jumping jacks!

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:Why would anyone be so childish and desperate as to spend "his" days posting such stupid crap in hopes of getting a reaction?
It worked, didn't it? You don't read my posts, remember? opps! Why would anyone be so childish and desperate . . . never mind, we all know.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:It's called baiting, rstrong; ask Vrede too.
So you act like a drooling right-wing extremist - who believes and reposts as gospel every lie and myth that Mike Huckabee uses to con the inbreds - as performance art.

Right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:It's called baiting, rstrong
At least "he" knows how childish, stupid, cowardly and desperate "he" is. Now, if "he" admits "his" masochism (nttawwt) in proving it day after day, "his" insight will be complete.
Seth Milner wrote:ask Vrede too.
Illiterate projection, again, even "baiting" is beyond your ken. I'm not so childish and desperate as to spend my days posting stupid crap in hopes of getting a reaction. I post my sincere opinions and verifiable facts.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Guess I missed this year's ago, or I may have come up with a response of some kind by now, but I have no words. I'm not even sure what a third great awakening is, or isn't

On today's "Prophetic Perspective on Current Events" program, Rick Joyner recounted a prophecy delivered by evangelist Bob Jones, who, according to Joyner, declared years ago that a Super Bowl victory by the Carolina Panthers would be a sign of the start of the Third Great Awakening.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/r ... ld0Cy.dpuf

Is Cam the antichrist
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:It's called baiting ...
At least "he" knows how childish, stupid, cowardly and desperate "he" is.
He thinks he's a master at baiting.

Which isn't much different from what everyone else think's he's doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Go Broncos.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Go Broncos.
Colorado > Carolinas.

There's only room for one super bowl in this household and it doesn't involve football.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Only because I'm not excited about "the start of the Third Great Awakening." Otherwise, I'm rooting for Peyton to have a good final (?) game, a close score and don't have a winner preference.
Rick Joyner: The New England Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Championship Was A Message From God

On his most recent "Prophetic Perspective on Current Events" program, Rick Joyner once again claimed that God personally told him that the New England Patriots would win the Super Bowl last year and that it was going to be a supernatural sign that patriotism would "become really popular again." ...
Why not liberalism, cheating . . . or supermodel WAGs (well, they've always been really popular)?
"Way in the beginning of last football season, the Lord showed me the New England Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl," Joyner said....
I'll bet he didn't publicly announce it "Way in the beginning of last football season". Funny that.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:Only because I'm not excited about "the start of the Third Great Awakening." Otherwise, I'm rooting for Peyton to have a good final (?) game, a close score and don't have a winner preference.
Rick Joyner: The New England Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Championship Was A Message From God

On his most recent "Prophetic Perspective on Current Events" program, Rick Joyner once again claimed that God personally told him that the New England Patriots would win the Super Bowl last year and that it was going to be a supernatural sign that patriotism would "become really popular again." ...
Why not liberalism, cheating . . . or supermodel WAGs (well, they've always been really popular)?
"Way in the beginning of last football season, the Lord showed me the New England Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl," Joyner said....
I'll bet he didn't publicly announce it ""Way in the beginning of last football season".
Famine? War? Pestilence?

Nah, God is too busy helping the NE Patriots win.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:... There's only room for one super bowl in this household and it doesn't involve football.
I don't have a pet name for mine, nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:It's called baiting, rstrong; ask Vrede too.
So you act like a drooling right-wing extremist - who believes and reposts as gospel every lie and myth that Mike Huckabee uses to con the inbreds - as performance art.

Right.
Mike who?
What part of baiting do you have trouble understanding? My world doesn't revolve around politics or political figures; nor do I eat, drink, or sleep politics; sorry about yours.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: At least "he" knows how childish, stupid, cowardly and desperate "he" is. Now, if "he" admits "his" masochism (nttawwt) in proving it day after day, "his" insight will be complete.
Of course the pics are childish. That's why children like you two are so drawn to them, like bugs to a flame. Your interest in my sex life is noted; but I'm not interested in you or yours.

Illiterate projection,® again, even "baiting" is beyond your ken. I'm not so childish and desperate
who's opinion?

as to spend my days posting stupid crap in hopes of getting a reaction. I post my sincere opinions and verifiable facts.
When you're not reading my posts; like now?