Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm
rstrong wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 pm
Back in the '80s and '90s we had a series of high-profile cases where someone was proven innocent after a decade or more of jail, having been railroaded by police. Railroaded because the police *knew* the guy was guilty.
You must be referring to Canada. It still happens all the time here.

Why the far right believes a US civil war will start on Saturday

:lol: Wingnut pansies.

From the article

"Some websites are telling their readers that antifa groups are “planning to kill every single Trump voter, Conservative and gun owner” this weekend. Hundreds of Facebook posts show how seriously consumers of such media are taking the news, and comments like “One more threat against white people and I swear to God I’m going to take a goddamn car and run over every fucking one of them” are not unrepresentative of the response."
More proof that people need to get out more. Get out of your house and talk to those in your community. Get out of your town. Leave your county, visit another state. The country is not being overrun by scary antifa members trying to enact a revolution. There aren't hoards of SJWs overrunig our cities trying to turn our children into gay muslims. The world outside of your home town is not the desolate waste land social media would have you believe. Stop living in your internet and TV paracosms and actually spend some time outside of your comfort zone.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:51 pm
Earlier, on July 1st...
Nttawwt.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

From the article

"Some websites are telling their readers that antifa groups are “planning to kill every single Trump voter, Conservative and gun owner” this weekend. Hundreds of Facebook posts show how seriously consumers of such media are taking the news, and comments like “One more threat against white people and I swear to God I’m going to take a goddamn car and run over every fucking one of them” are not unrepresentative of the response."
More proof that people need to get out more. Get out of your house and talk to those in your community. Get out of your town. Leave your county, visit another state. The country is not being overrun by scary antifa members trying to enact a revolution. There aren't hoards of SJWs overrunig our cities trying to turn our children into gay muslims. The world outside of your home town is not the desolate waste land social media would have you believe. Stop living in your internet and TV paracosms and actually spend some time outside of your comfort zone.
Did the civil war happen? I was watching football.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm
JTA wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

From the article

Did the civil war happen? I was watching football.

all you need to know

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/03/an ... urday.html

well there is also the fact that the morons in the morning ran with this as a screen banner in spite of the fact that it had been debunked days earlier and the overwhelming fact that this quite football Saturday was already well into mid-morning.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll: Hateful idiots.

I saw it thoroughly debunked weeks earlier.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Southern Poverty Law Center was founded 1971. It says:
Since the (Trump) election, our membership has doubled. Because of that, we’ve added more than 100 new staff positions – lawyers, investigators, analysts and more – to push back against Trump and his cruel agenda.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

That was long but interesting.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The good republican said,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawma ... e-genetics

“Marijuana is an entry drug into the higher drugs,” State Rep. Jim Alford said at a legislative “coffee session” over the weekend. “What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas, across the United States. What was the reason why they did that?... I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 am

“Marijuana is an entry drug into the higher drugs,” State Rep. Jim Alford said at a legislative “coffee session” over the weekend. “What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas, across the United States. What was the reason why they did that?... I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”
Also, the 'gateway drug' theory was debunked decades ago. By definition, racists are liars and idiots.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Also, the 'gateway drug' theory was debunked decades ago. By definition, racists are liars and idiots.
As was every aspect of - I forget the idiot's name - 30s crusade against pot and the black savages who smoke it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 am
Harry J. Anslinger
Imagine what the tens of millions, who had their lives destroyed by that sack of garbage, could have been.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

Kansas lawmaker quits posts after remarks about blacks

A white Kansas lawmaker who suggested at a public forum that blacks were predisposed to abusing drugs resigned from two legislative committee leadership jobs on Tuesday but did not give up his seat in the Legislature.

Republican Rep. Steve Alford, from the western Kansas town of Ulysses, faced calls on social media to leave office altogether from critics who saw his remarks as racist. And a black House member said Alford should resign from the Legislature.

Alford stepped down as chairman of the House Children and Seniors Committee and as vice chairman of a joint legislative task force on child welfare. He won't keep a seat on either panel but will retain other committee assignments.

"We came to a mutual understanding," House Speaker Ron Ryckman Jr., a Kansas City-area Republican, told reporters after meeting Tuesday with Alford. "His remarks were a disappointment and unfortunate."

But Rep. Valdenia Winn, a black Kansas City, Kansas, Democrat, said Tuesday that Alford should leave the Legislature. She said giving up committee leadership jobs is "insignificant."

"Until he resigns from the Legislature, there is no difference," Winn said. "You owe that to your constituents and the state of Kansas." ...
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I'm nearing the end of the book "Black Like Me", in which a white dude darkens his skin and lives amongst black people in the deep South in 1959.

The epilogue written in the 70s is pretty interesting. For me it's really telling seeing how many things simply haven't changed.

The biggest one is the NFL player's kneeling in protest of police brutality, and the subsequent reaction by white NFL fans.

The attitude that's persisted: They're trying to stir up trouble. Have no respect for X, Y and Z. They should be grateful for what they have.

It's really eye opening!
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wow, I think I read that around fifth grade.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.