Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:

Alleged Dylann Roof manifesto discovered online

http://news.yahoo.com/suspected-killer- ... c_src=copy

There's a surprise. How is this "hate crime" not domestic terrorism. Oh yeah, he's not Muslim.
You beat me to it by seconds, I was still reading the same article.

His website is: http://lastrhodesian.com/
His manifesto is at: http://lastrhodesian.com/data/documents/rtf88.txt

I'm going to post his manifesto in its own thread because it's quite long. We need to know evil in order to defeat it, and I suspect the website will be taken down shortly. My wish is that we keep commenting on him and it here, but y'all can do what you want.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:Wow.
I didn't look at the pictures, don't really feel a need as I'm guessing they're grotesque and I'm not that kind of voyeaur.

His "manifesto" was a suicide/genocide note. His equalizer was a Glock. Too easy.
His pics are a zip file you have to download, I chose not to do that. Someone will probably post some or all of them online.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Colonel Taylor wrote:
bannination wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:So many anti-christian are so disappointed that these folk are praying and not acting like the terrorist in liberal utopias of cleveland and ferguson. :crazy:
Source?
I used the same one that one the followers (Boaty) used say that Roof was a KKK member and a TeaBagger.
He'll be along soon to tell us don't worry!

By the way did you fix the ignore feature yet, some here say Mr.B and I am on ignore yet reply to nearly all our post so I am assuming it's broke or they are just lying again? :lolno:

So no source then. Ok.
:roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:... By the way did you fix the ignore feature yet, some

One, me, as far as I know. Arithmetic much?

here say Mr.B and I am on ignore yet reply to nearly all our post (sic)

Lie, as usual, I reply to very few of your posts.

so I am assuming it's broke or they are just lying again? :lolno:

:lol: How long have you been posting that stupidity? As I told you months ago, I can only see your posts when someone other than Mr.B or homerfobe quotes them. I even started retaining who quoted you long ago in order to show it, as I've done with banni's quote of you here, and on the off chance that someone quotes you incorrectly. Do you ever think things through, ever?
Now, I'm wondering how many thousands of words Kernel Failure has posted in the last 3 months thinking I was reading them. That's too funny! Mr.B too?
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
bannination wrote:Source?
I used the same one that one the followers (Boaty) used say that Roof was a KKK member ...
Close enough, admit it.

So no source then. Ok.
:roll:
:lol: But why the " :roll: "? Did you expect honesty or accuracy from whiny Kernel Failure? ;)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

From GoCubsGo's Yahoo! link:
... In one image, the suspected gunman is posed on the beach wearing the same clothes he is seen wearing on surveillance footage as he entered the chruch on Wednesday. It was not immediately clear if this image was taken the same day as the shooting, but if so, it would show that Roof took time to visit the beach, scratch the racist symbol 1488 in the sand and photograph himself before allegedly traveling to Charleston.

The symbol 1488, shown in Roof's photos, is a number that has been adopted by white supremacists, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Racist Skinhead Glossary.

The "88" refers to H, the eighth letter of the alphabet and is a symbol for "Heil Hitler." The "14" refers to a 14-word slogan popularized by David Lane, a white supremacist serving a 190-year sentence in the murder of a Jewish talk show host. The slogain is: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." ...
Coincidence, right nascarfan88, or is it? :D
JTA wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:... Most of these (historical expert) places are clueless, just go to Gettysburg and they tell all that the entire Civil War was fought over slavery.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Coincidence, right nascarfan88, or is it? :D
Ouch!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Vrede too wrote: Image
It's anti-social, half-baked, nit-wits like this, past and present, that fuel public resentment against the rebel flag. Because of them. the flag has been labeled a symbol of racism. If the flag is truly a symbol of racism, the state of South Carolina would not fly it over any government building.

It's merely a piece of history.

True, the southern states were slave-holding states, but the roots of the rebel flag go well beyond mere "slavery pride".
Last edited by Seth Milner on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:It's anti-social, half-baked, nit-wits like this, past and present, that fuel public resentment against the rebel flag. Because of them. the flag has been labeled a symbol of racism.

Not because it was the slaver's battle flag?

If the flag is truly a symbol of racism, the state of South Carolina would not fly it over any government building.

>>> :lol: <<<

Slaver history.

True, the southern states were slave-holding states, but the roots of the rebel flag go well beyond mere "slavery pride"....

That's what white folks keep saying, few blacks believe it.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Then put it in the museum where it belongs!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

From ColorOfChange:
... FOX is so committed to their message of dismissing Black lives that almost every FOX host said that the Charleston terrorist attack had nothing to do with race. Almost every Fox host called this a hate crime against anything other than Blackness – a hate crime against Christianity (4), a hate crime against South Carolina (5). Another FOX pundit went so far as to say that this never would have happened if the Black victims had guns. (6) FOX’s hosts willfully ignored the abundant information confirming the shooter’s racist intent – his jacket covered with pro-apartheid logos (7), a Confederate flag license plate, and specifically telling his victims that he was doing it because they were Black.

And to top it all off, Bill O’Reilly and the other talking heads at FOX continue to deny that their vitriolic and destructive message is hate speech (8).

As long as FOX continues to shamelessly use racially inflammatory language and deny the existence of racism, events like Charleston will continue to happen. Black communities live in fear from hyper militarized police and white supremacists, and everyday spokespeople and hack journalists from FOX continue to deny that racism exists. The hateful and demeaning rhetoric they spew contributes to the hostile, racist environment that led to the Charleston shooter's action (9).

We have campaigned tirelessly to put an end to FOX News’ message of hate and white supremacy. Together we've successfully gottem Glenn Beck pulled off the air and we continue to push for Bill O'Reilly's removal. But if we can get CEO Roger Ailes fired, we can change the complexion of the whole network.

Will you sign the petition to fire Roger Ailes, the CEO of FOX News?

Yes — I’ll sign the petition to end FOX’s hateful message ...

4. How Fox News Tried to Spin the Charleston Shooting as an Attack on Christianity This Morning," Slate 6-18-15
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4924?t= ... 168.Q93Dev

5. “Fox's Kilmeade On SC Shooting: "Is It About Christians? It Is About White-Black? Is It About 'I Hate South Carolina'?"," Media Matters 06-18-15
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4925?t= ... 168.Q93Dev

6. “Gun-free zones an easy target for killers," Fox News 06-18-15
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4926?t= ... 168.Q93Dev

7. "Dylann Roof: Charleston shooting suspect wore Rhodesia and apartheid-era South Africa flags," International Business Times 06-18-15
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4927?t= ... 168.Q93Dev

8. “O’Reilly Confronts SC Pol for Connecting Fox ‘Hate Speech’ to Charleston Shooting," Mediaite 06-18-2015
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4928?t= ... 168.Q93Dev

9. “O’Reilly Confronts SC Pol for Connecting Fox ‘Hate Speech’ to Charleston Shooting," Mediaite 06-18-2015
http://act.colorofchange.org/go/4928?t= ... 168.Q93Dev
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Vrede too wrote:That's what white folks keep saying, few blacks believe it.
Confederate flag

The rectangular battle flag of the Army of Tennessee
Designed by William Porcher Miles, the chairman of the Flag and Seal committee, a now-popular variant of the Confederate flag was rejected as the national flag in 1861. It was instead adopted as a battle flag by the Army of Northern Virginia under General Lee. Despite never having historically represented the CSA as a country nor officially recognized as one of the national flags, it is commonly referred to as "the Confederate Flag" and has become a widely recognized symbol of the American south. It is also known as the rebel flag, Dixie flag, and Southern cross and is often incorrectly referred to as the "Stars and Bars" (the actual "Stars and Bars" is the first national flag, which used an entirely different design).

Controversy

The Confederate flag is a controversial symbol for many Americans today. A 2011 Pew Research poll revealed that nearly a third of all Americans, or 30%, have a "negative reaction" when "they see the Confederate flag displayed." According to the same poll, this is three times more than those who have a positive reaction. A majority (58%) have no reaction. In a 2013 YouGov poll, a plurality (38%) of those polled disapproved of displaying the flag in public places. In the same poll, a plurality (44%) of those asked viewed the flag as a symbol of racism, with 24% viewing it as exclusively racist and 20% viewing it as both racist and symbolic of pride in the region.

Supporters of the flag's continued usage view it as a symbol of Southern ancestry and heritage as well as representing a distinct and independent cultural tradition of the Southern United States from the rest of the country. Some groups use the "southern cross" as one of the symbols associated with their organizations, including groups such as the Ku Klux Klan. For other supporters, the flag represents only a past era of southern sovereignty. Some historical societies such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the United Daughters of the Confederacy also use the flag as part of their symbols.

As a result of these varying perceptions, there have been a number of political controversies surrounding the use of the Confederate battle flag in Southern state flags, at sporting events, at Southern universities, and on public buildings.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Then put it in the museum where it belongs!
Along with every other antiquity that's prevalent in America? Why don't they "belong" in a museum? Maybe you missed this?
"True, the southern states were slave-holding states, but the roots of the rebel flag go well beyond mere "slavery pride"."
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:His legacy will be that of an anti-social idiot.
Murderous, SC, bowl cut, white supremacist, anti-social, Confederacy and Apartheid loving, terrorist idiot. We've got lots of regular anti-social idiots.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Just curious, what do you think the reaction would be if northern states displayed Union battle flags as part of their heritage?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Send lawyers, guns, and money, the wingnut shit has hit the fan.

This was not an anti-Christian attack, it was an anti-black attack.

There were free blacks who owned slaves, there were Jews who
served in the Wehrmacht. But most slaveholders were white,
and most Wehrmacht soldiers were gentiles.

The Confederate flag is twice racist. In its original appearance as
the flag for those fighting to preserve slavery, in its renewed
popularity in the 1940s as a symbol of continuing segregation.
Haley is about as likely to take down the Confederate flag as she
is to sign an income tax increase. :)

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Bungalow Bill wrote:Send lawyers, guns, and money, the wingnut shit has hit the fan.

This was not an anti-Christian attack, it was an anti-black attack.

There were free blacks who owned slaves, there were Jews who
served in the Wehrmacht. But most slaveholders were white,
and most Wehrmacht soldiers were gentiles.

The Confederate flag is twice racist. In its original appearance as
the flag for those fighting to preserve slavery, in its renewed
popularity in the 1940s as a symbol of continuing segregation.
Haley is about as likely to take down the Confederate flag as she
is to sign an income tax increase. :)
Not Hailey's call, to even fly that flag at half staff, much less remove the flag it has to go through the state legislature.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/south- ... ill-flies/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

There's a surprise. How is this "hate crime" not domestic terrorism. Oh yeah, he's not Muslim.

I'm going to post his manifesto in its own thread because it's quite long. We need to know evil in order to defeat it, and I suspect the website will be taken down shortly. My wish is that we keep commenting on him and it here, but y'all can do what you want.
Hmmm, the website link returns:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
However, the manifesto link still works. Maybe the website really is just "too busy."

Also, Yahoo! has removed the website link from its article.
1312. ETTD.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Not Hailey's call, to even fly that flag at half staff, much less remove the flag it has to go through the state legislature.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/south- ... ill-flies/
If it was her call I doubt she would take it down. As I understand it,
it is padlocked in place and cannot be flown at half staff anyway.
Weird.

From the time of the 2014 SC governor's election. Everything's okay now,
not a single CEO has mentioned it. Just move along.

Republican Gov. Nikki Haley defended the Confederate flag’s presence on South Carolina’s
statehouse grounds, declaring in a debate Tuesday that the flag isn’t an issue because “not
a single CEO” has complained about it.

Parting ways with Democratic challenger Vincent Sheheen, who called for the flag’s removal,
Haley acknowledged that the flag was a “sensitive issue” but rejected the notion of removing
it.

“What I can tell you is over the last three and a half years, I spent a lot of my days on the phones
with CEOs and recruiting jobs to this state,” Haley said. “I can honestly say I have not had one
conversation with a single CEO about the Confederate flag.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hmmmm, looks like a good sawzall good take it down pretty quickly :silent:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Hmmm, the website link returns:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
However, the manifesto link still works. Maybe the website really is just "too busy."

Also, Yahoo! has removed the website link from its article.
I mirrored the text document: http://blueridgedebate.com/apps/img/rtf88.txt

I'll have the pictures uploaded later, I haven't looked at them yet. When they're available they'll be here: http://blueridgedebate.com/apps/img/ (Probably not until very late tonight.)