Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm
The country is truly screwed... http://www.nationalmemo.com/16-of-the-d ... s-believe/
Seven year article?😱
I wondered about that, thanks. The National Memo dates it April 20, 2018 and links to an AlterNet article dated April 19, 2018. However, all of the references are ancient, and many of them are tame compared to the POSPOTUS Era lunacy. Googling reveals the same article on AlterNet article dated November 12, 2010.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Even worse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:13 am
White.
Male.
Kansan.
Islamophobe.
Trumpette.
Christian.
Terrorist.
Any questions?

Trump Devotee Charged With Terrorist Plot Texted Undercover FBI Agent About Muslim 'Cleanse'

Comment:
My caucasian daughter somewhat accidentally ended up living in a primarily Muslim occupied apartment complex while in college. I spent one whole year worried for her. Not because she felt at risk, all the people living there were perfectly respectful and nice. No, I was worried about what some right-wing proud American citizen whacko might do, and she'd end up as collateral damage. That's the sad world we are currently living in.
:(
Exclusive: 'Everyday Guy' Describes How He Brought Down An American Terrorist Cell

Three anti-Muslim domestic terrorists who plotted to blow up a Garden City apartment complex where many Somali Muslim immigrants lived were convicted on Wednesday on federal charges that could send them to prison for life. Five weeks into the trial, jurors deliberated for less than a full day before finding Kansas militiamen Patrick Stein, Curtis Allen and Gavin Wright guilty on all charges....
:clap: :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm
JTA wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm
Why the far right believes a US civil war will start on Saturday

:lol: Wingnut pansies.
From the article

"Some websites are telling their readers that antifa groups are “planning to kill every single Trump voter, Conservative and gun owner” this weekend. Hundreds of Facebook posts show how seriously consumers of such media are taking the news, and comments like “One more threat against white people and I swear to God I’m going to take a goddamn car and run over every fucking one of them” are not unrepresentative of the response."
More proof that people need to get out more. Get out of your house and talk to those in your community. Get out of your town. Leave your county, visit another state. The country is not being overrun by scary antifa members trying to enact a revolution. There aren't hoards of SJWs overrunig our cities trying to turn our children into gay muslims. The world outside of your home town is not the desolate waste land social media would have you believe. Stop living in your internet and TV paracosms and actually spend some time outside of your comfort zone.
Did the civil war happen? I was watching football.
all you need to know

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/03/an ... urday.html

well there is also the fact that the morons in the morning ran with this as a screen banner in spite of the fact that it had been debunked days earlier and the overwhelming fact that this quite football Saturday was already well into mid-morning.
'Antifa Civil War' Fake News Story Treated As 'Threat' by DHS Officials, Emails Reveal

It's not as funny when it's DHS rather than just RWNJs and Faux Noise.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm

There's a difference?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm

There's a difference?
:lol: In philosophy, no, in ability to do real and long lasting physical harm, yes.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, except DHS is run by the RWNJ's and therefore by Faux News.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-con ... -security/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:56 pm
Yeah, except DHS is run by the RWNJ's and therefore by Faux News.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-con ... -security/
Good point, but one would hope that there are some buffers and filters such that not everything that the RWNJs come up with makes it onto Faux Noise and not everything that Faux Noise airs becomes a DHS action item, even though we know that everything that Faux Noise airs becomes Dolt .45's opinion. But, maybe I'm a dreamer, professionalism anywhere in the POSPOTUS admin. is a rare commodity.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vote in November, and if you see Vox, haul his ass down to vote, also. Several times, if possible.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

A month before the WH incident
"In June 2017, he threatened somebody with the rifle while wearing a pink dress. He then dove into a nearby pool and exposed himself, records state."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 pm
A month before the WH incident
"In June 2017, he threatened somebody with the rifle while wearing a pink dress. He then dove into a nearby pool and exposed himself, records state."
And yet his guns were given back anyway.
rstrong wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 pm
Turns out the shooter was known to police after a trespassing incident at the White House last year. Police seized four of Reinking’s guns, including the AR-15 used in the shooting. Reinking’s father later gave the guns back to his son.

But he claimed to be a sovereign citizen, so it would have been difficult to keep his guns away based on mental illness. The two conditions are virtually indistinguishable.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 pm
The Onion: Nation Shocked Cop Facing Punishment For Murder
:D :(

Also at The Onion:

Bill Cosby Feeling Disoriented After Jury Slips Conviction Into His Verdict (link won't work)

Publicist Worried Kanye West’s Support Of Trump Will Damage His Carefully Crafted Public Image As A Manic Self-Absorbed Lunatic
Nation Suddenly Concerned About Black Man's Opinion
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 am
March Against Sharia' Planned Across The U.S.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/10/532254891 ... ss-the-u-s

"Saturday's nationwide "March Against Sharia," sponsored by a group known for aggressively criticizing Islam, has in recent days become a rallying cause for right-wing extremists ..."

"to be held in at least 19 states, are being coordinated by ACT for America, a conservative grassroots organization that calls itself "the NRA of national security."

This Proud Boys group is new to me. I guess just more punks with their silly club names.

wiki says, a "pro-Western fraternal organization" for men who "refuse to apologize for creating the modern world."[4]

"In 2017, McInnes and Kyle Chapman teamed up to help the Proud Boys form a "street fighting" wing of the alt-right called the "Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights" (FOAK).[8][9]"

They're back

"The Proud Boys will be joined Saturday by groups like Alt Knights"

"They are traveling to upstate New York to harass and taunt an African American Muslim community.
Come Saturday, the “Proud Boys” are heading to Islamberg, New York, a small community of some 40 families that’s a little over a three-hour drive northwest of New York City, to visit, as they put, it an “Islamic training ground.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-supp ... DAfternoon

Proud boy strikes fear in proud boys everywhere and laughter from everyone else.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2018/5/2 ... e-internet

This is too fucking funny

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Georgia sniper appeared fascinated with Nazis

A Georgia freeway sniper, who apparently idolized a Florida mass shooter, also appeared fascinated with German Nazis and their World War II military machine.

Rex Whitmire Harbour, 26, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after firing at seven vehicles, wounding three people, on Friday along a state highway in Gainesville, Georgia.

Hall County Sheriff Gerald Couch said investigators later searched Harbour’s home in Snellville, Georgia, and “discovered a manifesto” stating his admiration for Nikolas Cruz, accused of fatally shooting 17 people in February at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.

“We found handwritten documents written by Mr. Harbour and they were very disturbing,” the sheriff told reporters. “He indicated that he idolized the [Parkland] mass shooter,” calling him a hero who inspired Harbour and gave him “courage and confidence.”

“The remainder of the documents that I saw are very hate-filled in that regard,” Couch said. “It appeared that he was targeting all Americans. Why? That I don’t know.”

Authorities haven’t specifically mentioned Harbour’s Facebook page, which shows he liked multiple pages set up in honor of German Nazis and one titled “Lovers of the German military forces 1933-1945.” The other pages he liked included a range of musicians and celebrities as well as multiple pages dedicated to “American Sniper” Chris Kyle and his widow, Taya Kyle.

Harbour’s Facebook profile also shows that he liked numerous historical photos of German Nazis, including officers of the Panzerwaffe and Luftwaffe.

One of the photos Harbour liked on Facebook depicts Nazi leader Hermann Göring and his pet lion, while another is of Margarete “Gretl” Braun, Adolf Hitler’s sister-in-law and part of the Nazi inner circle.

Harbour also posted a public comment on a photo of Nazi tank commander Kurt Knispel, who was credited with destroying 168 Allied tanks, writing: “Great work! Long live Germany!” ...
I'm adding Rex Whitmire Harbour to my list of white, male (often Christian) con domestic terrorism, the majority of attacks we've had since the early 1990s. It's a pretty good list should y'all ever have need.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There Are No Lone Wolves
By treating each mass shooting as an isolated tragedy, we are giving mass shooters—and the toxic communities they stem from—exactly what they want.

I was going to excerpt, but the entire short article is interesting.

I'm adding Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the Santa Fe, Texas shooter to my domestic terror list.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm
There Are No Lone Wolves
By treating each mass shooting as an isolated tragedy, we are giving mass shooters—and the toxic communities they stem from—exactly what they want.

I was going to excerpt, but the entire short article is interesting.

I'm adding Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the Santa Fe, Texas shooter to my domestic terror list.

"The idea was introduced by Ku Klux Klan and Aryan Nations leader Louis Beam in a manifesto on "leaderless resistance" in the 1980s, which argued that "very small or even one-man cells of resistance ... could combat the most powerful government on Earth." The term was then more-formally coined by outspoken white nationalists Alex Curtis and Tom Metzger and pushed by groups like the White Aryan Resistance in the mid-1990s."

The idea was used again by cheney and company as a scare tactic to promote their oil wars.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 am
This woman is batshit crazy....
... I wonder if some her all of this isn't just Roseanne persona re-manufactured in anticipation of the show's return....

Could be she's truly gone to the Dark Side, but I'm not sure.
Then again :oops: :

Roseanne tweets 'NAZI SALUTE' to Parkland survivor, gets a call from a ratings-obsessed Trump

Sigh. So much for good ratings.
You were correct, billy.pilgrim.

‘Roseanne’ Canceled by ABC After Roseanne Barr’s ‘Repugnant’ Comments, Network President Says

Good riddance.
1312. ETTD.