Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm
They say that a lie can travel half-way around the world before the truth can get it's pants on. Why did the truth have its pants off?
To check that they aren't on fire.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm
- Their idol Dolt .45's wimpy and slow response hurt him. Bannon, Gorka and Miller are on the hot seat, too....
Demand Trump Get White Supremacists out of the White House

Sign the Petition

The presence of Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller to positions in the White House is unacceptable and dangerous. White supremacy, racism, anti-Semitism, climate change denial, and misogyny have no place in the White House.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm
- Their idol Dolt .45's wimpy and slow response hurt him. Bannon, Gorka and Miller are on the hot seat, too....
Demand Trump Get White Supremacists out of the White House

Sign the Petition

The presence of Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller to positions in the White House is unacceptable and dangerous. White supremacy, racism, anti-Semitism, climate change denial, and misogyny have no place in the White House.

How does this change trump. Does this take Hitler's writings off the nightstand?

What about daddy's robe and hood?
Generally daddy's hood and robes are kept somewhere. I've been shown several over the years.
Does trump bring his out to show?

It ain't bannon. Bannon is only evidence of what trump is and will always be.
Trump is a racist pig. He should be removed immediately.
But then we would have pence and all the repug agenda back.

I feel conflicted
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 am
How does this change trump.

Perhaps not a whit.

Does this take Hitler's writings off the nightstand?

I thought that was Bannon and/or one of the others. Does Dolt .45 read books?

What about daddy's robe and hood?
Generally daddy's hood and robes are kept somewhere. I've been shown several over the years.
Does trump bring his out to show?

Dolt .45 is so dumb and all over the map that reducing the nazi voices in the WH might lessen the nazi policy, but it might not. If all it does is smack those 3 nazis around, I'm still okay with that.

It ain't bannon. Bannon is only evidence of what trump is and will always be.
Trump is a racist pig. He should be removed immediately.

If the only gain is greater awareness that there are nazis in the WH, that's something.

But then we would have pence and all the repug agenda back.

Then we go after Q-tip for obstruction and possibly collusion. Plus, all the bitter Trumpettes will be attacking the GOP, too.

I feel conflicted

The 'What ifs' get too complex for me, so I'm okay with doing the right thing then planning on doing the next right thing whatever it is.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 am
How does this change trump.

The 'What ifs' get too complex for me, so I'm okay with doing the right thing then planning on doing the next right thing whatever it is.

Good answer/advice

And then there's this

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/08 ... na-divorce

Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.
“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.
Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”
“I don’t remember,” I said.
“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)
Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”

Maybe he didn't read them, but he sure as shit makes similar speeches. Could be he learned Edgar Cayce's trick of reading through his pillow while sleeping.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thanks. I tried to read Mein Kampf once. Got bored, switched to histories of the era instead.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 am
Vrede too wrote:
Good answer/advice ...
I wonder how many Dems that agreed more with Bernie voted for Hillary because they thought she was more electable?
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

the trumphole lacks the genius of Hitler- mad, twisted genius that it was. Hitler practiced and rehearsed his speeches, his gestures, his wardrobe and his delivery, trying different techniques. He had himself filmed and photographed doing so, to help him judge the visual effect of his performance. Hitler had a surprisingly astute grasp of propaganda and mob dynamics and was naturally attuned to public sentiment and vulnerability. He was a masterful user of dramatic pause and knew when to whisper and when to scream, when to lecture and when to scold and when to preach. He was a mediocre artist and the worst military strategist/tactician in history. But he was a politician born to a time, place and circumstance, and carpe'ed the fucking diem as it is rarely done.
The closest comparison that can be made to the trumphole is that dolt45 has a sort of savant talent for knowing the type of outrageous, outlandish bullshit that incites his idiot base, and says it out loud with no thought or qualm. Stupid shit- demonstrably as false as it is blustery and utterly laughable to intelligent observers. His posturing and rhetoric are more akin to the clownish mugging of Mussolini, though dolt45 does not rise even to that juvenile level.

And that all says much about the subsentients who support him.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:44 am
. . . I wonder how many Dems that agreed more with Bernie voted for Hillary because they thought she was more electable?
I'm no dem, but I fit in that catagory. I am still no fan of Hillary.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thanks. I tried to read Mein Kampf once. Got bored, switched to histories of the era instead.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Good answer/advice ...
I wonder how many Dems that agreed more with Bernie voted for Hillary because they thought she was more electable?
That might have been me, although I have liked Hillary since '92. Undoubtedly Hillary-hatred cost a bunch of votes, and maybe the election. But given what we now know about the Trumpettes, I'm still not convinced Bernie would have done better. It would be a way better world, though, if we had a President Bernie and Dem majorities swept in on his coattails. Yeah, yeah, if a frog had wings...

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
It was about more than Hillary being electable. It was about making Republicans unelectable.

Obama was essentially an '80s Republican, slightly to the right of Reagan. Hillary was even further to the right, more of a war hawk, more establishment. This pushed the Republicans much further to the right, to the point where they were tarring and feathering any Republicans acting like adults and sticking with traditional Republican policy.

It was a great way to destroy the Republican Party. Bad for democracy, bad for the country, because it denied the country an option on the left. And then Trump hijacked the wreckage of the right.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:19 am
Vrede too wrote:
It was about more than Hillary being electable. It was about making Republicans unelectable.

Obama was essentially an '80s Republican, slightly to the right of Reagan. Hillary was even further to the right, more of a war hawk, more establishment. This pushed the Republicans much further to the right, to the point where they were tarring and feathering any Republicans acting like adults and sticking with traditional Republican policy.

It was a great way to destroy the Republican Party. Bad for democracy, bad for the country, because it denied the country an option on the left. And then Trump hijacked the wreckage of the right.

Well said

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 am
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Good answer/advice ...
I'm no dem, but I fit in that catagory. I am still no fan of Hillary.
I should have elaborated. First, I meant Dem primary voters, whether or not they are Dems. Also, if folks thought that Hillary would make the better POTUS even if they preferred Bernie policy, that's fine. A good POTUS is the goal. My only point was about overthinking things to the point where principles are compromised. One is more likely to have regrets.

White supremacist cries on camera as he describes 'terror' over arrest warrant

What a pansy!!!
I've been arrested scores of times for nonviolent direct action. No wonder the ammosexual thinks he needs his pitiful compensations.

Found:
How sweet! The tears of poorly educated, deplorable racists and bigots are delicious!

Trump: Keep our 'beautiful' Confederate monuments

Comments:
I said put them in a confederate history museum.
He's supposed to be a billionaire! Since they are beautiful why doesn't he buy them all and display them at Trump resorts everywhere?
I thought tRump didn't like losers!
Trophies and statues should not be given out to losers merely to bolster their self esteem.

Good for them, but who would have predicted 2 years ago that we would need Klan and Nazi magazine covers?
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Bravo, rstrong!
And then Trump hijacked the wreckage of the right.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 pm
Bravo, rstrong!
And then Trump hijacked the wreckage of the right.
Thanks! It's almost a punch-line even without any efforts by the Democrats.

It's always been standard practice in federal elections to portray one's-self as a "Washington outsider", ready to "take on the Washington establishment." Even former Speaker of the House and then Washington Lobbyist Newt Gingrich declared himself a "Washington outsider" in 2012.

But then Ted Cruz and the Tea Partiers declared war on "Republican Establishment." Tarring and feathering traditional Republicans, and organizing a campaign to boot them out of office. Fox News, making its money by stoking impotent right-wing rage and having to stop in the unfortunate event that a Republican entered the White House, encouraged them all it could.

But a big problem for Ted Cruz's war on the "Republican Establishment" is that he WAS "Republican Establishment."

In the 1990s Ted Cruz:

- Graduated from Princeton and Harvard.

- Served as a law clerk to the Chief Justice of the United States.

- Worked for a Washington law firm.

- Helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton.

- Served as private counsel for Congressman John Boehner.

- Served in the George W. Bush presidential campaign as a domestic policy adviser.

In the 2000s he:

- Fought on the Bush side in the Bush v. Gore legal battle during the 2000 Florida presidential recounts.

- Served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission during the Bush II administration.

In the 2010s he:

- Is a US senator.

- Was arguably the most influential senator, backed by The Heritage Foundation (where the personal mandate and much of the rest of ObamaCare came from), and the major force behind the U.S. government shutdown in 2013.

- Is vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the committee that seeks to elect more Republicans to the Senate.

- His wife is a manager for Goldman, Sachs & Co. and previously worked in the White House for Condoleezza Rice.

So....

The Republican establishment guy successfully convinced everyone to vote anti-Republican establishment. And then Trump stepped in with a far, far better case for being anti-Republican establishment.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

now trump can listen to cruz actually admit that his daddy helped kill JFK and Obama say that he is a muslim transgender from kenya.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2017/08/ ... journalism

innocent enough until you get to the fake conversations with Obama and trump

"So, could a robot make a radio story?
A company called Lyrebird is developing technology that can take a sample of a human voice, re-create it and make it say novel sentences."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

One thing to add to my previous rant:

Trump promised a wonderful replacement for ObamaCare, because for eight years that's what Republicans had been demanding and saying they could deliver.

Trump promised a border wall, because for eight years that's what Republicans had been demanding and saying they could deliver.

Trump promised to defeat terrorism overnight and ban Muslims, because for eight years that's what Republicans had been demanding and saying they could deliver.

Trump embraced the white supremacists, because Republicans had been pandering to them.

etc.

His plan: Shout the same promises louder, then get elected and just let the party deliver on them.

All the promises and alliances that Republicans made - but knew they were supposed to forget about once in power - Trump took seriously. And he's discovered that it was all BS. Everything we think of him, he has good reason to think of the rest of the Party.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update, paraphrased: To add to the terrible week the white supremacists are having, on Monday the sun will turn completely black.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The British in India were faced with the practice of "suttee" - the tradition of burning widows on the funeral pyres of their husbands.

Gen. Sir Charles Napier was impeccably multicultural: "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks, and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."

Anyone who makes the "heritage" argument for keeping Confederate monuments should be reminded that American heritage includes war against Confederates and Nazis. "You can celebrate your heritage by building monuments to Confederate generals in public places. And then we will celebrate ours by destroying them."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Charlottesville: Race and Terror

22 minute episode of VICE News Tonight originally aired Aug. 14, 2017, on HBO.

SPLC: 917 Hate Groups are currently operating in the US. Track them below with our Hate Map.

The Daily Stormer
Asheville, North Carolina
Neo-Nazi
1312. ETTD.