Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Shame on you. You told me that wigglie was a thoughtful intelligence poster.
Relatively. :P :D

Then, he also likes to play set-up man, though this may not be one of those instances.

Whatever, it's way dumb to fault Hillary for voicing what much of America and the world has been saying about Islamophobic US attitudes and actions for long before Trump chose to become a spokesman for them.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Even fuxed up news has been calling them high tech and savvy with their propaganda

To even imagine that they get their ideas from Clinton rates pretty high on the stupidometer.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Satire, sure, but what's ridiculous is that the story, up to the last paragraph, is believable...
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... er?ref=yfp

"Just minutes after the Somali-based Al Qaeda affiliate Shabaab group released a propaganda video featuring a clip of Donald Trump, the Republican Presidential front-runner boasted that the video would be the highest-rated terror video of all time."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Politifact: A Trump television ad shows Mexicans swarming over "our southern border."

Footage isn't from U.S. Mexico border; it's from Morocco

Trump campaign responds: 'This was 1,000 percent on purpose'
:thumbup:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Samuel L. Jackson discussing GOP campaigning in Iowa: "Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plain!"
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I think even tRump knows better than that; you can bet his supporters don't.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I know that I recently saw something on one of the cable channels that trumpet copyrighted runnie's catch phrase Make America Great Again the day after Obama was sworn in for his first term. Can't believe that I can't find it again. I did find the trumpet quote that the segment was refuting.

In 2016 trumpet said, "The line of 'Make America great again,' the phrase, that was mine, I came up with it about a year ago, and I kept using it, and everybody's now using it, they are all loving it," Trump said, per the Hill. "I don't know, I guess I should copyright it, maybe I have copyrighted it."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

billy.pilgrim wrote:I know that I recently saw something on one of the cable channels that trumpet copyrighted runnie's catch phrase Make America Great Again the day after Obama was sworn in for his first term. Can't believe that I can't find it again. I did find the trumpet quote that the segment was refuting.

In 2016 trumpet said, "The line of 'Make America great again,' the phrase, that was mine, I came up with it about a year ago, and I kept using it, and everybody's now using it, they are all loving it," Trump said, per the Hill. "I don't know, I guess I should copyright it, maybe I have copyrighted it."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 0-000.html
:mrgreen:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wneglia wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:I know that I recently saw something on one of the cable channels that trumpet copyrighted runnie's catch phrase Make America Great Again the day after Obama was sworn in for his first term. Can't believe that I can't find it again. I did find the trumpet quote that the segment was refuting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 0-000.html
:mrgreen:
thanks, but still not quite what I saw
supposedly trumpet copyrighted the slogan in 2009 but not the right to print on merchandise (dumbass)
then smartguy gets the rights for merchandise and sells to dumbass in 2015 and smart/niceguy gives money to charity

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

What's really scary about Trump is the fact that he could get elected POTUS what with the majority of the masses following his nutty rhetoric. What I see, and fear, is if he is elected, he would alienate the U.S. from every other country. It's apparent he has no better handle on the Campaign of Terror, guns, or immigration anymore than Obama or anyone else has. Banning a race (or religious culture) from our shores is only aggravating an already volatile situation; the Second Amendment rights have long been spiraled out of control due to political meddling and money, our country's soft handling of war tactics as opposed to those of our enemies have rendered our military efforts as useless. I shudder to think what the future holds.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:What's really scary about Trump is the fact that he could get elected POTUS
Popularity in Republicans polling doesn't translate to popularity in the general public. There, even Bernie Sanders polls higher.

Nor does it even translate to success in the Republican Primaries.

Before the 2008 Republican primaries, Ron Paul set records for fundraising and did VERY well in the polls. And yet he won just **1.6%** of the delegate votes in the primaries. Even the wiener vendors got more votes.

The Republican leadership if very good at ensuring that delegates vote for the candidate that the leadership wants. (Like giving anyone running for office as a Republican essentially a loyalty oath, stipulating that they would support the leadership-chosen candidate in the primaries exclusively, and if they don't agree, the Party would withhold its financing from their election bid.) Trump is most certainly NOT who the Republican leadership wants.
Seth Milner wrote:our country's soft handling of war tactics as opposed to those of our enemies have rendered our military efforts as useless.
Bush II's "Shock and Awe" campaign was an utter fiasco. Beyond that, Obama has stuck to Republican military policy.

Grow up.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

rstrong wrote: Bush II's "Shock and Awe" campaign was an utter fiasco. Beyond that, Obama has stuck to Republican military policy. Grow up.
"Republican military policy", my ass.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seth Milner wrote:
rstrong wrote: Bush II's "Shock and Awe" campaign was an utter fiasco. Beyond that, Obama has stuck to Republican military policy. Grow up.
"Republican military policy", my ass.
How has Obama's military policy differed from his Republican predecessors?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:
"Republican military policy", my ass. Grow up your self you dumb ass whiney pacifist.
Got an example of what Obama has changed? He stuck to the Republican game plan on both Iraq and Afghanistan. Even the final and complete withdrawal of ALL American forces from Iraq, was an agreement signed by Bush II.

Sure, with Libya Obama didn't launch a Republican-style decade-long occupation costing Americans trillions of dollars and thousands of lives while creating an ISIS along the way. And LOSING. While strutting around in a flight suit on an aircraft-carrier under a "Mission Accomplished" banner to make drooling inbreds like yourself swoon. But by the end of the Bush II era even Republicans wouldn't have stood for that again.

For both Libya and Syria, Republicans made noises both for and against involvement, settling on AGAINST involvement (dumb ass whiney pacifism as you call it) once they figured out that Obama was taking a FOR position.

"Exercise a no-fly zone this evening."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/7/11

"I would not have intervened."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/23/11

And then there's Bin Laden...

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our Number one priority and we will not rest until we find him!"
- President Bush II, September 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- President Bush II, March 13, 2002

Bush II's crowd allowed Bin Laden to escape Tora Bora, and spent the next six years torturing random people into telling them what they wanted to hear. Without success. Obama switched the effort to old-fashioned field intelligence, and they got him.

"And poor Mitt Romney, trying to make hay out of this. Mitt Romney who is on record saying that he would not waste money going after bin Laden, on record saying he would not violate Pakistan's border to get bin Laden, this week said, 'Of course I would have gotten bin Laden.' Even his etch-a-sketch went, seriously?"
– Bill Maher

It wasn't just Romney. The "high" point of the 2012 Republican convention was a Republican actor ranting at pretend-Obama blaming HIM for invading Afghanistan! While the crowd of the Republican Party's best clapped and barked like trained seals!

Republicans got their 'Murican Shock and Awe fantasy under Bush II. Now even THEY recognized that it was a fiasco, and they're STILL "dumb ass whiney pacifists" by your reckoning.

So tell us, Field Marshal Seth, what is this "soft handling of war tactics" that your side would have handled more strongly?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:How has Obama's military policy differed from his Republican predecessors?
Excluding Shrub's catastrophic adventurism, how has foreign and military policy differed significantly between the parties since WWII?
rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:What's really scary about Trump is the fact that he could get elected POTUS
Sadly, I'm with Seth Milner. I wouldn't bet on it, but he could.

That's how low my estimation is of America's politics and voters.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:you dumb ass whiney pacifist.
As an aside, this affront has taken me aback.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Don't blow your top, I think "dumb ass whiney" coming from bottom feeding Seth Milner is sidesplitting.

No one here has expressed pacifism. Seth Milner fails English, again.

"your self (sic) you dumb ass (sic)" - Irony.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
"Republican military policy", my ass. Grow up your self you dumb ass whiney pacifist.
Got an example of what Obama has changed? He stuck to the Republican game plan on both Iraq and Afghanistan. Even the final and complete withdrawal of ALL American forces from Iraq, was an agreement signed by Bush II.

Sure, with Libya Obama didn't launch a Republican-style decade-long occupation costing Americans trillions of dollars and thousands of lives while creating an ISIS along the way. And LOSING. While strutting around in a flight suit on an aircraft-carrier under a "Mission Accomplished" banner to make drooling inbreds like yourself swoon. But by the end of the Bush II era even Republicans wouldn't have stood for that again.

For both Libya and Syria, Republicans made noises both for and against involvement, settling on AGAINST involvement (dumb ass whiney pacifism as you call it) once they figured out that Obama was taking a FOR position.

"Exercise a no-fly zone this evening."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/7/11

"I would not have intervened."
- Newt Gingrich, 3/23/11

And then there's Bin Laden...

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our Number one priority and we will not rest until we find him!"
- President Bush II, September 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- President Bush II, March 13, 2002

Bush II's crowd allowed Bin Laden to escape Tora Bora, and spent the next six years torturing random people into telling them what they wanted to hear. Without success. Obama switched the effort to old-fashioned field intelligence, and they got him.

"And poor Mitt Romney, trying to make hay out of this. Mitt Romney who is on record saying that he would not waste money going after bin Laden, on record saying he would not violate Pakistan's border to get bin Laden, this week said, 'Of course I would have gotten bin Laden.' Even his etch-a-sketch went, seriously?"
– Bill Maher

It wasn't just Romney. The "high" point of the 2012 Republican convention was a Republican actor ranting at pretend-Obama blaming HIM for invading Afghanistan! While the crowd of the Republican Party's best clapped and barked like trained seals!

Republicans got their 'Murican Shock and Awe fantasy under Bush II. Now even THEY recognized that it was a fiasco, and they're STILL "dumb ass whiney pacifists" by your reckoning.

So tell us, Field Marshal Seth, what is this "soft handling of war tactics" that your side would have handled more strongly?

you and Obama, not being a real mericans and all, leaves you unable to realize the nuance of the lil bush war that is sorely lacking during the Obama phase.

where's the in your face torture, where are the babies burning to death with phosphorus, where is Obama strutting on a carrier deck, where is Obama loudly proclaiming this is another Crusade? this list of Obama misses could go on for pages.

bush knew that a war with alqueada wouldn't be much fun and only barely profitable since there were so few of them, so he worked really hard 24-7 (as he explained, "this means 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week"), and turned a few thousand Saudis playing war in the fucking nowhere desert of Afghanistan into millions of displaced people who witnesses the violent deaths of their mothers and their children and now have nothing to lose.

so seth is right, Obama has not done enough to further lil bush's war. I don't think Obama has really damaged the war beyond a trump repair, but the full scale WWIII bush was seeking has suffered a slowdown. But, don't worry it is still coming to a town near you.

My suggestion would be to make movies and tv shows that show real merican heroes kicking down doors and torturing these people until they see jesus. We could hold demonstrations where we desecrate their religion in front of their churches, we could kick them out of presidential rallies for being so wrong about god, we could burn their homes and churches, wrap their doorknobs with bacon, humiliate their children in school and in their neighborhoods. There is so much more we could each do to insure further radicalization

and we desperately need a news channel that can keep us outraged anytime one of them says, "praise god"

I believe seth would agree that enough of that could further radicalize the millions who temporally reside in our merican HomeLand.

ALEC just announced through their texas mouthpiece that we are to have a Constitutional Convention to get god and jesus back into our laws.