Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump is going full tinpot dictator, barring journalists from the New York Times, CNN, the Los Angeles Times and Politico from a White House press event. Breitbart got in, so perhaps "full Nazi" would be a better description.

And still....

...he's being entirely consistent with how he acted for months before the election. Those who voted for him can't claim to have been misled.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:I bought a dozen on amazon for the next local town hall with Matt gatz (sp)
Matt is sponsoring bill to destroy the EPA. My wife is in the CNN shot of his town hall last night
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

24 things nobody does better than Trump:

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump Campaign Promise: "I have a plan, a very secret plan, to defeat ISIS in 30 days."

It's now day 36.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Damn, we should have elected Nobody for President then.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Extreme vetting:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

rstrong wrote:Trump Campaign Promise: "I have a plan, a very secret plan, to defeat ISIS in 30 days."

It's now day 36.
ISIS has probably already been defeated and an era of Christendom and prosperity has already been ushered in to the middle-east, but it's a secret so we haven't heard about it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Biased media and its fake news is why.

More seriously, Trump's early Islamophobic moves have encouraged the extremists and, more importantly, discouraged the moderates. Trump is a puppet for both ISIS and Putin.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:Trump is going full tinpot dictator, barring journalists from the New York Times, CNN, the Los Angeles Times and Politico from a White House press event. Breitbart got in, so perhaps "full Nazi" would be a better description.

And still....

...he's being entirely consistent with how he acted for months before the election. Those who voted for him can't claim to have been misled.

Those who voted for him are probably happy about it. I mean wahooo!!! Fascism, just what they always wanted.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Trump said we're gonna be winning wars again.

A pattern you've all probably already noticed: Everything is grouped into either "winning" or "losing". You're either a winner or a loser. There appears to be no in between, no gray area, and no nuance.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Also, an increase in 54 billion in defense spending. We're not currently fighting any large scale wars such as when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan, either. Our military is supposedly bedraggled and we're no longer winning wars, according to Trump.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote:"Trump said we're gonna be winning wars again.

A pattern you've all probably already noticed: Everything is grouped into either "winning" or "losing". You're either a winner or a loser. There appears to be no in between, no gray area, and no nuance."
I've heard that in the past ... it's a taunt usually spoken by the wealthy; also associated with "we the haves, and you the have nots", meaning you're either a winner or a loser ..... the country club set vs. the rest of the populace, etc.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Irony ...

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:

A pattern you've all probably already noticed: Everything is grouped into either "winning" or "losing". You're either a winner or a loser. There appears to be no in between, no gray area, and no nuance."
I've heard that in the past ... it's a taunt usually spoken by the wealthy; also associated with "we the haves, and you the have nots", meaning you're either a winner or a loser ..... the country club set vs. the rest of the populace, etc.
I'm confused. Are you being reasonable
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"I'm confused. Are you being reasonable"
:thumbup: :clap:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:"I'm confused. Are you being reasonable"
:thumbup: :clap:
I'm still confused.

didn't you support these people

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated."
-- President* Donald Trump, today.

:?: :?: :?: The rest of us knew.
Vrede too wrote:
JTA wrote:24 things nobody does better than Trump:

(Nobody Knows It Better Than The President: Donald Trump)
Damn, we should have elected Nobody for President then.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:

What's so worrying about Trump as opposed to past presidents is Trump seems to exhibit tons of narcissistic tendencies and is not diplomatic by any means. Bush may have seemingly had a simplistic worldview in which the forces of good and evil were doing battle (i.e. Axis of Evil), but he was at least diplomatic enough not to purposely and intentionally alienate huge swaths of AMERICANS as if they were his enemies. Not on the level of our current president, if anything.

If you're not praising Trump, you're his enemy. Any criticism is met with a twitter temper tantrum that's leveled at his "opponent" with the least level of adroitness possible. You're the "opposition". Some political figures are naturally divisive (like W. Bush) due to differences in our political opinions, but Trump appears to be intentionally so.

"Normalization" was a buzz word not too long ago, and I think there's a lot of truth in what's been happening lately. Customs are fluid, but we expect our elected officials to abide by certain norms and conduct themselves in a certain professional manner. Any job is like this, but it's especially important in positions of enormous authority and power. This isn't stipulated by law, it's an expectation. This expectation is partly responsible for the relatively smooth and bloodless functioning of our government. A blatant disregard of these norms without consequence leads to their erosion. Long term, should we not check those transgressions, we'll probably see a continual weakening of those values we hold dear in the US of A.

I think that's why people are so worried about Trump. He appears to be a modern day Caligula of sorts.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote:
Mr.B wrote:

What's so worrying about Trump as opposed to past presidents is Trump seems to exhibit tons of narcissistic tendencies and is not diplomatic by any means. Bush may have seemingly had a simplistic worldview in which the forces of good and evil were doing battle (i.e. Axis of Evil), but he was at least diplomatic enough not to purposely and intentionally alienate huge swaths of AMERICANS as if they were his enemies. Not on the level of our current president, if anything.

If you're not praising Trump, you're his enemy. Any criticism is met with a twitter temper tantrum that's leveled at his "opponent" with the least level of adroitness possible. You're the "opposition". Some political figures are naturally divisive (like W. Bush) due to differences in our political opinions, but Trump appears to be intentionally so.

"Normalization" was a buzz word not too long ago, and I think there's a lot of truth in what's been happening lately. Customs are fluid, but we expect our elected officials to abide by certain norms and conduct themselves in a certain professional manner. Any job is like this, but it's especially important in positions of enormous authority and power. This isn't stipulated by law, it's an expectation. This expectation is partly responsible for the relatively smooth and bloodless functioning of our government. A blatant disregard of these norms without consequence leads to their erosion. Long term, should we not check those transgressions, we'll probably see a continual weakening of those values we hold dear in the US of A.

I think that's why people are so worried about Trump. He appears to be a modern day Caligula of sorts.
Well put.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.