Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm
Last election was a really good example of why the poster formerly known as Vox was wrong. S/he claimed never to vote because one vote doesn't matter, and certainly you can make a case for that point particularly in a place with an overwhelming majority of one party. But that way of thinking leads to lots of people thinking they don't count. That whoever is elected will be the same. That all politicians suck anyway. Or they insist on voting only for somebody who fits their preferences closely, or are one-issue people. Result being we got Trump and a drooling Republican majority in both houses of Congress and most states. To think that happens in states where Dems outnumber Republicans in registration is ridiculous.
Agreed, the margin was only 77K over 3 key states, but that doesn't mean that there isn't also a strong case for disgust with our "democracy". We shouldn't count on 'But Trump' being sufficient incentive, though he's so awful that it might be. We'll should be more inspiring than that.

Anyhow, Vox/Bungalow Bill was right in NC. :cry: :P . . . for POTUS, Gov. was damn close.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Anyhow, Vox/Bungalow Bill was right in NC. :cry: :P . . . for POTUS,
I dunno - 170,000 votes divided by the number of precincts doesn't take many per precinct to have made a difference.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

OMG, I just had a vision of 170,001 whatever-that-furry-white-beast-was voting.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:10 pm
rstrong wrote:YouTube: Jon Stewart Recounts His Twitter War With Donald Trump

...at Tuesday night’s Stand Up for Heroes benefit in New York City
Oh I miss him. That was classic jon
Jon Stewart will soon be doing two stand-up comedy specials for HBO. Then in November he’ll host the Night of Too Many Stars special, which features a mixture of stand-up and skits.

Well. Unless Fuckface Von Clownstick pre-emptively destroys the planet.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
rstrong wrote: Rob Ford seems suspiciously like a trial run for the Donald Trump candidacy.

Need I go on?
I was thinking semi-Canadianish Paul LePage was also a trial run.

The bieber was a test to see the extent of what could be acceptable to an American consumer
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Jerri
Red Shirt

Unread post by Jerri »

There is no mechanism set forth in the U.S. Constitution that allows for the removal of a failing president save for impeachment, which is limited for instances of "high crimes and misdemeanors" and not simply the whims of voters or members of Congress. Voters can't recall members of Congress, either.
I'm guessing that 3rd grade mentality doesn't fall under misdemeanors.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Jerri wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:55 pm
There is no mechanism set forth in the U.S. Constitution that allows for the removal of a failing president save for impeachment, which is limited for instances of "high crimes and misdemeanors" and not simply the whims of voters or members of Congress. Voters can't recall members of Congress, either.

25th amendment when the CIC is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:38 am
Most people want either an end to corruption or more opportunity to take part in it.

Reagan / Bush I knew this. And so their policy was to spend like a drunken sailor to the benefit of current (1980s) voters, and pass the bills to the next generation.

Trump knows it. Most Republican officials and candidates trashed him a few months ago but now support him, and not because he'll end corruption. He knew they'd rally around him because they want to take part in it.

The more demographics he directs hatred at (Mexicans, Muslims and Christian Arabs, native Americans, the disabled, Jews, Women...), the more white males get the sense that they'll benefit at those demographics' expense. "You'll get what you want, and we'll make them pay for it!"
That was over a year ago. I guess he showed me.

Jerri
Red Shirt

Unread post by Jerri »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 pm
Jerri wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:55 pm
25th amendment when the CIC is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
It's time for another amendment to the Constitution.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Jerri wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:10 pm
I'm not sure that we need one for this situation. We have the 25th and Congress gets to define "high crimes and misdemeanors" any way it wants to.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Now he's gonna have to nuke the Whitehouse.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giant-inflat ... 14716.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Jerri
Red Shirt

Unread post by Jerri »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm
Jerri wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:10 pm
I'm not sure that we need one for this situation. We have the 25th and Congress gets to define "high crimes and misdemeanors" any way it wants to.
We'll keep our fingers crossed; and our toes, our eyes, anything it takes!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:28 pm
Now he's gonna have to nuke the Whitehouse.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giant-inflat ... 14716.html

:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :!:
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Now the inflatable poultry with a Trump-like hairdo is back, popping up Wednesday in the Ellipse park just behind the White House.
Remember, that means Trump himself put it there.

Back in 2009 Fox News, WorldNetDaily and the rest of the Republican media breathlessly reported that OBAMA IS FLYING THE RED CHINESE COMMUNIST FLAG AT THE WHITE HOUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!"

Over in reality it was a private group flying it in the Ellipse, a public area. And Bush II had flown the "Red Chinese Communist flag" at the White House itself.

But for Republicans it was Obama then, and so it it's Trump now.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:40 pm
Trumpgrets - A Tumblr of tweets from Trump supporters who regret voting for Trump

Now with an interlude: Ann Coulter is being attacked by remaining Trumpsuckers over her tweets expressing regrets over Trump. Her book "In Trump We Trust" still available in stores.
Hard to believe that was the start of DECEMBER, long before Trump was even sworn in. He'd have plenty more scandals even by the end of the month. (Like being "so smart he didn't need to attend security briefings.")

As for Coulter, last month she tweeted "At this point, who DOESN'T want Trump impeached?" Her book "In Trump We Trust" is still available on Amazon.

Meanwhile...
rstrong wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:24 am
The guy who got a Romney 2016 tattoo on his face, has had two laser treatments to remove it. It's still there. A Google image search on "Trump Tattoo" shows a whole lot of people making similar regrettable decisions.
An image search on "Trump tattoo" now, shows the practice was more widespread than publicized back then.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This was from June, so it's kinda cute how out of date it is:

I would have considered running away or killing myself . . . or seen how much it would cost to buy off the wager winner. I would have gone surprisingly high.

Bernie Sanders Supporter Stuck With Donald Trump Tattoo After Losing Election Bet
“I’m thinking about my life, how it went wrong. Now I’m getting a Trump stamp.”
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 am
This was from June, so it's kinda cute how out of date it is:

I would have considered running away or killing myself . . . or seen how much it would cost to buy off the wager winner. I would have gone surprisingly high.

Bernie Sanders Supporter Stuck With Donald Trump Tattoo After Losing Election Bet
“I’m thinking about my life, how it went wrong. Now I’m getting a Trump stamp.”

Real high, high like I might have the arm removed.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Arm? Not colored in yet:

:lol:

Is it cheating to add: Bernie! fan, lost bet
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Or Worst. Person. On. Earth.

Or, after the Trump stamp is completed, add the "No" circle over it.

Or better still, as has been suggested, buy off the bet.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

15 people at one tattoo parlor alone, getting Trump tattoos after the election. That extrapolates to a whole lot of regret nation-wide.