Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Another

Trump

Unread post by Another »

I admit I gave up on the U.S. political machine a long time ago and have been predicting you'll see another Bush vs. Clinton contest next year, but I can't help but wonder what is the GOP gonna do about The Donald? That he's absolute batshit insane there's no denying, but he's also polling in either first or second place depending on which poll you read. So what's up with that? Is the GOP base now as batshit insane as he is, and is this the Home of the Brave finally going over the proverbial cliff?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

Another wrote:I admit I gave up on the U.S. political machine a long time ago and have been predicting you'll see another Bush vs. Clinton contest next year, but I can't help but wonder what is the GOP gonna do about The Donald?

Tough choice for them. On the one hand he's losing them any hope for the crucial Hispanic vote and sucking all the air out of the other campaigns. Otoh, they're terrified he'll exit the party and run as an independent. If he wasn't so rich I might donate to his campaign.

That he's absolute batshit insane there's no denying, but he's also polling in either first or second place depending on which poll you read.

It's still only about 15% of likely GOP voters.

So what's up with that? Is the GOP base now as batshit insane as he is,

Yes.

and is this the Home of the Brave finally going over the proverbial cliff?

Maybe, but for lots of reasons besides Trump.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Another

Unread post by Another »

Definitely losing the GOP the Hispanic vote but they never had that to begin with.

As an independent "third party" candidate he'd have about the same effect as Ross Perot did.

Looks from here like Hillary will be your La Presidenta. Another corporate Democrat posing as a progressive. Lucky you.

One thing I miss about the States. The fantastic potato salad I could get in Cracker Barrel.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Cracker Barrel, another racist American corporation
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not that we should expect much from a company with "Cracker" in its name.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another wrote:Definitely losing the GOP the Hispanic vote but they never had that to begin with.

They hoped to get some of it, Trump has killed that dream.

As an independent "third party" candidate he'd have about the same effect as Ross Perot did.

That's what frightens the GOP.

Looks from here like Hillary will be your La Presidenta. Another corporate Democrat posing as a progressive. Lucky you....
It's the safest bet, but not a certainty that she'll get the nomination. Many progressives have been leery for a long time, and the email and foundation issues make folks uncomfortable across the political spectrum.
1312. ETTD.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede too wrote:Not that we should expect much from a company with "Cracker" in its name.
You can sign a petition to change the name. :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I could be wrong, but I'm still betting trump will bow out after grafting a shitload of money from the wingnuts. He doesn't really want a job being anything but a spoiled, blowhard egomaniac who comes and goes and does as he pleases.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wneglia wrote:You can sign a petition to change the name. :lol: :lol:
:thumbup:

Next up:

Honky-tonk
Doo-wop
Heebie-jeebies
Blackball (but you still never go back)
Fruit punch
Coondog
Frogger
Jigger
Sauerkraut
Paddywhack
Pole dancing
Slope calculations
Removing all spades from card decks
Spooky

And (try to guess first):

Spoiler:
Chink in the armor
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Cracker Barrel, another racist American corporation
Where did you get that? The first Cracker Barrel I ever visited (years ago) had a Black manager. Nowadays a number of CB's have Hispanic managers. You been trusting the Internet again?
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Seth Milner wrote:
Where did you get that? The first Cracker Barrel I ever visited (years ago) had a Black manager. Nowadays a number of CB's have Hispanic managers. You been trusting the Internet again?
It's like how you can't call it black jack anymore, you have to call it African American jack. Or you cant call them black eyed peas anymore, but instead African American eyed peas.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seth Milner wrote:
Cracker Barrel had significant (and expensive) problems with discrimination charges about 10 years ago or so, related to treatment of customers in multiple locations. (similar to Denny's). They also had a written anti-gay hiring policy. Maybe they've reformed under the heavy hand of losing numerous lawsuits, but to call them a "racist" corporation isn't the result of an overactive imagination.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
Cracker Barrel had significant (and expensive) problems with discrimination charges about 10 years ago or so, related to treatment of customers in multiple locations. (similar to Denny's). They also had a written anti-gay hiring policy. Maybe they've reformed under the heavy hand of losing numerous lawsuits, but to call them a "racist" corporation isn't the result of an overactive imagination.
And yes, they have mostly reformed as required by the courts, but still it is hard to imagine any white boy from Lebanon, Tenn who ain't just a little bit racist.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
No internets involved - farm next door

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

billy.pilgrim wrote: No internets involved - farm next door
Image So this is an actual photo of you!
What happened, a bull shit on your face?
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

homerfobe wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: No internets involved - farm next door
Image So this is an actual photo of you!
What happened, a bull shit on your face?
The insightfulness of homie has exposed me. Whatever shall I do now
truly a mind like no other
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Back to the topic moron. It seems that dunald has been moved from the political section to the entertainment section of huff post, where his bleating will be alongside the Kardashians - where he has belonged all along

homerfobe
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:Back to the topic moron. It seems that dunald has been moved from the political section to the entertainment section of huff post, where his bleating will be alongside the Kardashians - where he has belonged all along
I heard Trump, Kanye, and Vrede was going to bid on you to 0:-?> see which one of them would have you as their asshole buddy. Now that's worthy of the entertainment section or Vrede's Gay Voices section, don't you think? O Really could write a piece on how great a cocksucker you are, he's got the experience in doing that.

homerfobe
Ensign

I know who Vrede tu-tu is! :clap: Image
He's really Donald Trump! Same stupid-ass mentality and all!