Idiot box thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Idiot box thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

'Dancing With the Stars' 2015

Paula Deen, Bindi Irwin and . . . Gary Busey! I may watch some of that.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Idiot box thread

Unread post by O Really »

I like "Dancing with the Stars" although the term "Stars" has always been questionable. Notice the dancers don't refer to their partners as "stars" but as "celebrities." It provides a competition like a sports event, some real and artificial drama and comedy, and some really good dancers. "Mrs. O Really" and I saw the live road version last year in Florida. Spectacular.

As to this season's cast, I think I'll probably tivo the show so I can zap through the Paula Deen parts. Unless they give her one of the black guys as a partner. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:I like "Dancing with the Stars" although the term "Stars" has always been questionable....

"Dancing with the Celebrities" doesn't have a double meaning.

As to this season's cast, I think I'll probably tivo the show so I can zap through the Paula Deen parts.

I'm hoping that her dancing is as clumsy as her lexicon.

Unless they give her one of the black guys as a partner. :lol:
:o :thumbup:

People will vote for Busey just to keep the talking segments coming. Bindi will have a popularity advantage at the margins.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:Paula Deen, Bindi Irwin and . . . Gary Busey! I may watch some of that.
Busey appeared in the Turkish anti-American propaganda film Valley of the Wolves: Iraq, described by critics as "a cross between 'American Psycho' in uniform and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion." Busey plays a Jewish American U.S. Army doctor who, as a figure common in anti-Semitic propaganda, removes organs from injured civilian prisoners to sell to rich people in New York, London and Tel-Aviv for transplantation.

It must have been terrible for him to lower his standards to become a Donald Trump Celebrity Apprentice.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Sometimes Lefty has suggested I should have a Facebook page because he's so offended by what I post here in these threads. If Facebook is as exciting as indicated in this newspaper ad, I see now why we hear very little from Lefty . . . except to complain.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, I have a Facebook account, but only because the firm says we have to. It's minimal, with serious restrictions on who can view. I'm not a big proponent of putting my whole life out to strangers. Having said that, Facebook can be used in a positive way if you're paying attention to your settings. I know a lot of people who use it to keep in touch, share news, yada, that wouldn't happen if they had to depend on personal visits or even phone. Like the gun people say, it's not the tool, it's the user that makes the difference.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede too wrote:.....
The idiot box thread. Aptly named for it's author.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Not opened, but I did get the quote notification.
Vrede too wrote:... How many of his invisible posts are still directed at me? :lol: What an idiot! ...
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Repeat post:
Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Not opened, but I did get the quote notification.
... How many of his invisible posts are still directed at me? :lol: What an idiot! ...
Why are they invisible to you? Aren't you man enough to handle insults that are similar in nature to the insults you toss about?
What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander? You can dish it out, but you can't take it? :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You're fantasizing about me again. If you think that homerfobe's gay-obsessed (hmmm) posts are worth the time to read them, have at it and I'm not surprised.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:You're fantasizing about me again. If you think that homerfobe's gay-obsessed (hmmm) posts are worth the time to read them, have at it and I'm not surprised.
There was no "gay-obsessed" remarks in that post. . .he only said: The idiot box thread. Aptly named for it's author.

Never mind. NOMB.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

An exception does not negate the norm, cretin.

"idiot" would be a major improvement for homerfobe or anyone that thinks it's important to read his posts.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:An exception does not negate the norm, cretin.
Nope. Never been there.

"idiot" would be a major improvement for homerfobe or anyone . . .
Such as yourself.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:An exception does not negate the norm, cretin.

"idiot" would be a major improvement for homerfobe or anyone that thinks it's important to read his posts.
Points run away from by the cretin that thinks it's important to read homerfobe's posts, as usual.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote: "idiot" would be a major improvement for homerfobe or anyone that thinks it's important to read his posts.
Points run away from by the cretin that thinks it's important to read homerfobe's posts, as usual.
Posts run away from by the cretin that is too cowardly to read homerfobe's posts, as usual.
Repeat: You can dish it out, but you're not man (lightly put) enough to take it, so you put him on ignore. Run, Vrede too, run.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You're still fantasizing about me if you think it's cowardice or not being able to take it.

I get that you're desperate to make yourself feel better about running away from your lies, illiteracy and logic fails, but this comparison to my choosing not to read homerfobe's idiocy is pitiful.

Now, show us that you're too illiterate to know what "fantasizing" means again, that was a good one!
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:You're still fantasizing about me if you think it's cowardice or not being able to take it.
What is it then? Since you claim it's not cowardice; I assume you're happy with "you can dish it out, but can't take it". Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

I get that you're desperate to make yourself feel better about running away from your lies, illiteracy and logic fails, but this comparison to my choosing not to read homerfobe's idiocy is pitiful.
Not really. I'm sitting back laughing at you because you can't invoke a response from me that you can counter with your cutesy name calling and accusations, and you can't stand it. How pitiful and pathetic.

Now, show us that you're too illiterate to know what "fantasizing" means again, that was a good one!
Now, show us how wussy you are in lying about not being able to take what you dish out. It's no fantasy, just fact that you are too much of a weasel to admit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Usual pathetic projecting ignored.
Seth Milner wrote:What is it then? ...
Damn, you're illiterate!
Vrede too wrote:You're fantasizing about me again. If you think that homerfobe's gay-obsessed (hmmm) posts are worth the time to read them, have at it and I'm not surprised.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:Usual pathetic projecting ignored.
You mean ran away from.

You're fantasizing about me again. If you think that homerfobe's gay-obsessed (hmmm) posts are worth the time to read them, have at it and I'm not surprised.
Run away Vrede too, run away. You can run, but you can't hide. . . you can't, can you? No, you can't. If for one moment you thought someone was talking about you, you would come running; just like you did when you "ran shrieking" away when your ID was discovered. You whined to the administrator to remove your prior posts and membership; then came roaring back, nasty as ever when you couldn't stand the others posting without you, and someone started a tear-jerk memorial thread about you! You even changed your name thinking you were fooling everyone into thinking you were someone different than the original Vrede! :lol: fail! :lol: Oh, these fantasies of mine! Sometimes I just can't contain myself! The pain, oh! the pain! :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Usual pathetic whining ignored, but some massive stupidity has to be highlighted.
Seth Milner wrote:... You even changed your name thinking you were fooling everyone into thinking you were someone different than the original Vrede! :lol: fail! :lol: ...
"fooling everyone" by saying that I'm Vrede too? Are you drunk or really just this sub-moronic? homerfobe and Mr.B are Einsteins compared to you.
1312. ETTD.