Tree Hugger Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Wneglia
Midshipman

Re: Tree Hugger Thread

Unread post by Wneglia »

Seth Milner wrote:Wneglia, what is your avatar a picture of? :-0?> -0-?
My Can Am Spyder Custom pinstripe paint job by local H'ville artist Timm Kurtz. I installed the faux wood from a kit.

ImageImage

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Definitely cool, Doc!
Have you done Dragon's Tail since you've been here? Or the newly designated Dragon's Back?

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

O Really wrote:Definitely cool, Doc!
Have you done Dragon's Tail since you've been here? Or the newly designated Dragon's Back?
Have done the tail and plan to go again at Spyder in the Smokies this fall. Will have to check out the Dragon's back. Thanks for the tip.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Wneglia wrote: Will have to check out the Dragon's back. Thanks for the tip.

We were staying at and biking Hungry Mother State Park on our way to somewhere else when we saw the "Back." Didn't go on it, but it's 30 miles of curves and apparently getting more and more popular. Starts at Marion, VA. Goes to Tazewell. Doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to get back except to come back the same way. Real name "Back of the Dragon." VA Route 16.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wneglia wrote:There should be a petition to ban the EPA

morons
Are you too young or just too fucking stupid. . .
I'm not believing I'm going to say this, but I think this dumbass' reply warrants it.
So here's another with NPD, you arrogant stupid bastard. You couldn't have just said what you did about the EPA and let it go at that, could you? You had to throw in your goddam filth. FYI, Wneglia is one of the most respected posters in this shithole of a forum. It's a shithole because of shitheads like you. To quote your idol, own it.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

morons

I don't believe I'd go as far as to ban the EPA, because they were examining an abandoned mine, digging with either a dozer or trackhoe when they hit a hidden underground lake of wastewater that rushed out into the nearby stream. Even though it was a freak, unfortunate accident, the EPA has readily accepted full responsibility and are ready to accept the consequences. The initial press reports made it appear that the EPA was acting in a reckless manner and was shirking any responsibility.

EPA Dumps One Million Gallons of Wastewater Into Colorado River

BY: Blake Seitz

The Environmental Protection Agency, the federal agency committed to protecting “human health and the environment,” jeopardized both Wednesday by accidentally releasing one million gallons of wastewater into Colorado’s Animas River.

EPA bureaucrats were using heavy machinery to nose around the Gold King Mine near Durango, Colorado, when they triggered the release of wastewater containing heavy metals like zinc, iron, and copper.

EPA Report
Last edited by Seth Milner on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Seth Milner wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

morons
I'm not believing I'm going to say this, but I think this dumbass' reply warrants it.
So here's another with NPD, you arrogant stupid bastard. You couldn't have just said what you did about the EPA and let it go at that, could you? You had to throw in your goddam filth. FYI, Wneglia is one of the most respected posters in this shithole of a forum. It's a shithole because of shitheads like you. To quote your idol, own it.

Wigglie is just another right wing moron ready to tear everything down that his limited understanding doesn't fit the agenda

Do you remember the almost extinction of eagles and burning rivers
I don't want to go back there, but the ignorance of the wigglies and greed of the kochs threatens to take us there
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Seth Milner wrote:... The initial press reports made it appear that the EPA was acting in a reckless manner and was shirking any responsibility.
To be accurate, that's the implication from Wneglia's source:
Blake Seitz
Blake Seitz is a media analyst for the Washington Free Beacon. Blake graduated from the University of Georgia in 2015, where he served as opinions editor of The Red & Black and editor-in-chief of The Arch Conservative.
Surprise, surprise.

The Denver Post article he links paints a more complete picture, not the least of which is the discussion of who created the waste and why the EPA is having to deal with it. It also includes the EPA's full acceptance of responsibility, something mysteriously missing from Wneglia's link.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

morons

Wigglie is just another right wing moron ready to tear everything down that his limited understanding doesn't fit the agenda

Do you remember the almost extinction of eagles and burning rivers
I don't want to go back there, but the ignorance of the wigglies and greed of the kochs threatens to take us there
So that gave cause to blast him with toilet language?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Wigglie is just another right wing moron ready to tear everything down that his limited understanding doesn't fit the agenda...
He's more moderate than you think, I'm not sure if he's even still GOP. Plus, very few cancer docs are pro-pollution, whatever their other political views are. Not that lefties are necessarily smarter than cons, but with the representatives of both groups we've had here and on BRN Wneglia has found it more stimulating to bait the lefties. There's a fair chance that his, "There should be a petition to ban the EPA," was tongue-in-cheek.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

pillboy backed down when daddy fagmaster got on his ass, didn't he.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Wigglie is just another right wing moron ready to tear everything down that his limited understanding doesn't fit the agenda...
He's more moderate than you think, I'm not sure if he's even still GOP. Plus, very few cancer docs are pro-pollution, whatever their other political views are. Not that lefties are necessarily smarter than cons, but with the representatives of both groups we've had here and on BRN Wneglia has found it more stimulating to bait the lefties. There's a fair chance that his, "There should be a petition to ban the EPA," was tongue-in-cheek.
He may have said a thing or two that wasn't wing nuttie and ban the EPA may have been some sort of joke, but it sure read like palin and simple idiocy.
who knows, maybe he gets a lot of business from some Love Canal type development.
Facking will soon be the cancer docs cash cow - I remember Cheney banning the EPA from involvement there.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
He may have said a thing or two that wasn't wing nuttie and ban the EPA may have been some sort of joke, but it sure read like palin and simple idiocy.
who knows, maybe he gets a lot of business from some Love Canal type development.
Facking will soon be the cancer docs cash cow - I remember Cheney banning the EPA from involvement there.
Vrede too knows me too well, but although the EPA petition may have been in jest, the EPA today is far overreaching compared to 20 years ago, and often there are unintended consequences of their micromanagement decisions. As to my profiting from cancers caused by the environment, I am now retired, but while in practice, environmental cancers were uncommon, estimated to comprise about 2% of cancer deaths, while most were related to lifestyle (tobacco, diet, obesity, alcohol, sun exposure, etc) and genetics.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Spyders are also becoming a popular police vehicle, both in Canada and the USA. It handles well, has electronic stability control, is much more stable than a 2 wheeler or even conventional trike, and some models like mine has an electronic clutch with a thumb shift, kinda like triptronic on a Porche, and has a reverse gear.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wneglia wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too knows me too well, but although the EPA petition may have been in jest, the EPA today is far overreaching compared to 20 years ago, and often there are unintended consequences of their micromanagement decisions. As to my profiting from cancers caused by the environment, I am now retired, but while in practice, environmental cancers were uncommon, estimated to comprise about 2% of cancer deaths, while most were related to lifestyle (tobacco, diet, obesity, alcohol, sun exposure, etc) and genetics.

Then it is taken as a jest. Sorry about the over the top comment. I may have been suffering from all the lies I heard surrounding the debate

Regulations are necessary - that is easy to see from history, but like all regulation or law, there will be mistakes and unintended consequences. Too many repugs want to tear down all that people have worked for and too many demo fight to protect the regs. There is a middle, but it disappeared in 1980.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wneglia wrote:
Spyders are also becoming a popular police vehicle, both in Canada and the USA. It handles well, has electronic stability control, is much more stable than a 2 wheeler or even conventional trike, and some models like mine has an electronic clutch with a thumb shift, kinda like triptronic on a Porche, and has a reverse gear.

Gives the fat cops more stability and another toy to spend taxpayer money on

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Seth Milner wrote: FYI, Wneglia is one of the most respected posters in this shithole of a forum.
You've been here since mid April, Wgneglia has posted 29 times up to when you posted this, HOW exactly do you know he "is one of the most respected posters" here? Who are you? Only a long time poster would know that? Small mistakes will give you away.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Wneglia wrote:
My Can Am Spyder Custom pinstripe paint job by local H'ville artist Timm Kurtz. I installed the faux wood from a kit. :mrgreen:
OK, now that I've examined the picture a little closer, I can see the rear tire. That is one neat-looking machine! I first thought it might be some sort of critter from one of those 'Predator' movies! :lol:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote: Then it is taken as a jest. Sorry about the over the top comment. I may have been suffering from all the lies I heard surrounding the debate

Regulations are necessary - that is easy to see from history, but like all regulation or law, there will be mistakes and unintended consequences. Too many repugs want to tear down all that people have worked for and too many demo fight to protect the regs. There is a middle, but it disappeared in 1980.
I suppose that, at this point, I should apologize for my outburst to you as well. Sorry about that.