Does dr. ben deserve his only thread (think Joseph and the Pyramids)

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Does dr. ben deserve his only thread (think Joseph and the Pyramids)

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Did sleepy break any laws by trading his support for a position in the trumpet administration
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I'm sure he'll make a perfectly good head of the Department of Energy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Maybe SETI.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ben Carson’s Endorsement of trumpet
“I have to look at what is practical. I didn’t see a path for [Ohio Gov. John] Kasich, who I like, or [Florida Sen. Marco] Rubio, who I like. … Is there another scenario I would have preferred? Yes, but that scenario isn’t available.” Not words you’d expect to hear from a politician endorsing Donald Trump for president, and yet it’s exactly what Ben Carson said. In a recent interview on conservative website Newsmax TV on Monday, Carson hinted at his reasons for supporting the leading GOP candidate.

ThinkProgress reports:

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, “certainly in an advisory capacity.” Asked by NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to “reveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.”

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail—two years if the violation was willful.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a ThinkProgress inquiry about whether such an illegal offer was made to Carson. Prior to Carson’s departure from the race, Trump suggested that Carson “might be ‘pathological,’ like a ‘child molester.’ ”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'pathological,’ like a ‘child molester.’
New Trump Cabinet post?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail—two years if the violation was willful.
Yeah, otherwise an unqualified campaign flunkie might be in charge of the FEMA response the next time a major hurricane hits a major city.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail—two years if the violation was willful.
Yeah, otherwise an unqualified campaign flunkie might be in charge of the FEMA response the next time a major hurricane hits a major city.

hey now, he was looking good and appears to now be a contributor on msnbc

imagine if sleepy could share his secret for grain storage inside solid rock - imagine the possibilities if we could store all sorts of things inside rocks

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As a Canadian I just ask that you please don't put him in charge of defense. You can imagine what WWII would have been like:

(Japanese carriers approach Hawaii)

Carson: "Uh, I believe you want those guys over there." (Points at Canada)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

rstrong wrote:As a Canadian I just ask that you please don't put him in charge of defense. You can imagine what WWII would have been like:

(Japanese carriers approach Hawaii)

Carson: "Uh, I believe you want those guys over there." (Points at Canada)
Trump: Carson, what do we do!? The enemy is approaching. Plz advise.
Carson: ...
Trump: CARSON!
Trump: CARSON!!!!!
Trump: Goddammit fuck it yo drop dem nukes.

Nukes drop around the globe. The earth is engulfed in flames and radiation, Trump, grimacing, angrily points his finger at the nearest globe and screams...

YOU'RE FIRED!
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ben Carson’s Pyramid Nonsense Is Not a Religious Belief
Nov. 6, 2015

But now:

Cosmic-ray imaging finds hidden structure in Egypt's Great Pyramid

I'm pulling for you, Ben. If it's full of your namesake ORIGINAL CONVERTED® Brand Rice or Cheerios, I'll take back all the mean things I've said about you.
1312. ETTD.