Why Other Countries Dread a Republican Presidency

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Why Other Countries Dread a Republican Presidency

Unread post by rstrong »

The apocalyptic words, "Ambassador Palin."

gongoozler
Pilot Officer

Re: Why Other Countries Dread a Republican Presidency

Unread post by gongoozler »

With adults in charge we will have accountability in place and other countries won't be able to run all over us -- perhaps that's why they dread it.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

gongoozler wrote:With adults in charge we will have accountability in place and other countries won't be able to run all over us -- perhaps that's why they dread it.
Can you give us an example of other countries running all over you, and what a Republican would have done differently to prevent it?

(Hint: For all the claims of Obama apologizing to other countries, the Republicans have never given an example. For all the outrage about Obama bowing to a foreign leader, they've never explained why it was OK when Republican did it.)

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

You really are light headed aren't ya. Of course any other country would want a liberal democrat because they know it's easier to get over on the US of A.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:You really are light headed aren't ya. Of course any other country would want a liberal democrat because they know it's easier to get over on the US of A.
Uh huh. Bush II/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove's invasion of Iraq was Osama Bin Ladin's greatest victory.

Not that there's a "Liberal" running for President now. Obama is best described as a 1980s Republican.

He's even been described as Dick Cheney with less torture and more drones. His drone policy has killed vast numbers of innocent bystanders. The policy of "double taps" - following up a drone strike with a second strike once the emergency and rescue crews arrive - is as evil as anything Bush II/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove ever did.

Any any case, your post just parroted the usual claim. It did not give any examples.

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Unread post by DooHickey »

rstrong wrote:The apocalyptic words, "Ambassador Palin."
What do you care; you live in Canada. MYOFB

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

DooHickey wrote:
rstrong wrote:The apocalyptic words, "Ambassador Palin."
What do you care; you live in Canada. MYOFB
Hint: An American ambassador to Canada makes Canada her OFB. Which in turn makes that ambassador Canada's OFB.

Since Palin was a regular user of Canada's health care system, was probably (by Fox News / birther standards) born in Canada, her husband's family came from Canada, she negotiated a major pipeline deal with Canada and she listed being close to Canada as foreign policy credentials for her VP run.... where do you think she's likely to be posted?

Grow up.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Probably for the same reason many Americans do--the idea of Bush III. :(

nobody
Red Shirt

Unread post by nobody »

Who gives a ray's ass what other countries think.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Just think rstrong, you will have more flexibility if Obammy is elected. Wonder what he meant by that?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

nobody wrote:Who gives a ray's ass what other countries think.
I think you've just expressed Iran's foreign policy. Feel comfortable to you?
Who's Ray, and why is anyone giving his ass away?

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

Sometimes those who live outside the country can see things far better than those who live inside the country. As a Canadian, I can look at what is happening in the political field objectively. Also, I have paid taxes here for the majority of my life so I consider what is happening on the political front my business. :---P to those spit. LOL

O Really
Admiral

mama wrote:Sometimes those who live outside the country can see things far better than those who live inside the country. As a Canadian, I can look at what is happening in the political field objectively. Also, I have paid taxes here for the majority of my life so I consider what is happening on the political front my business. :---P to those spit. LOL
Yeah, the righties love people who are "outside." They think if you've got no direct knowledge and haven't been there, you're supremely qualified to do it. It's McCrory's whole theme. Until it comes to someone in another country....jingo!

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

mama wrote:Sometimes those who live outside the country can see things far better than those who live inside the country. As a Canadian, I can look at what is happening in the political field objectively. Also, I have paid taxes here for the majority of my life so I consider what is happening on the political front my business. :---P to those spit. LOL
I don't know if you live in a big city type area or rural like Hendersonville and if property taxes are as different by providence as by state here.
Anyway what do property taxes run for 10 acres with a 2,000 sq. ft. home up in the great North Country anyway?
Also what is the average rate for income tax(fed. and State) on the middle class?

O Really
Admiral

Colonel Taylor wrote:
I don't know if you live in a big city type area or rural like Hendersonville and if property taxes are as different by providence as by state here.
Anyway what do property taxes run for 10 acres with a 2,000 sq. ft. home up in the great North Country anyway?
Also what is the average rate for income tax(fed. and State) on the middle class?
Courteous question for someone you believe to be a Caaaanaaadeen (or whatever). But how would Mama know - she's lived in the US for 20-something years. :lol:

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

O Really wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Courteous question for someone you believe to be a Caaaanaaadeen (or whatever). But how would Mama know - she's lived in the US for 20-something years. :lol:
As a Canadian,
Didn't know if she was a duel citizen or maybe still owned property there.

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

Been in USA since 1976. I don't own any property in Canada. No matter where a person lives there are always people complaining about something. I still have family in Canada and know that they have a higher standard of living than the ordinary person here in the USA.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Vred, Obama's flexibility comment involved more than missile defense issues. He already bailed on that one before the comment.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Colonel Taylor wrote: Didn't know if she was a duel citizen or maybe still owned property there.
Dueling's illegal here. Pretty sure it is in Canada, too.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
mama wrote:Sometimes those who live outside the country can see things far better than those who live inside the country. As a Canadian, I can look at what is happening in the political field objectively. Also, I have paid taxes here for the majority of my life so I consider what is happening on the political front my business. LOL
Courteous question: rstrong's old lady? been divorced 20+ years? How did that come about? With everything being perfect in Canada, who'd a'thunk Canada allowed divorces!!!