War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 pm
After a brief search I am unable to find an all-female BoD for a publicly traded company. If you find one, I will support your campaign to pass an 'at least one man' law in the state in which it's registered.

That reminds me, if pigs learn how to fly I will support a law making FAA regulations apply to them, and one making them wear diapers while airborne.
O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:19 pm
Yeah, I could go along with that. Here's a good place to start looking, Leo...
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... Report.pdf

And here's a list of the ones with no females...
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... Report.pdf

When Leo finds one, you can start a petition to make them take on a male.

He might want to do it himself. My petition will be to make them take on Leo Lyons.

BTW, I think there were reports of pigs flying when the hurricane came through. Badaboom...sooooo bad.

:D Special case, there was even more pig shit already flying. :wave:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:19 pm
BTW, I think there were reports of pigs flying when the hurricane came through. Badaboom...sooooo bad.
I saw a horse fly. And a house fly. Search around a forum and you might see a bot fly. :P :P

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am
I can't see how, because a woman is serving on a board, her presence is going to boost an economy, improve opportunities for women, or (love this) "protect taxpayers, shareholders, and retirees".
"The American people are drowning in rules and regulations promulgated by (self-serving) bureaucrats..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2458&start=360
'Women must veil their form': Law school dean resigns after his writings spark backlash

An associate dean at the University of Oklahoma College of Law has voluntarily resigned from his position after his previous writings on women and gay marriage came under scrutiny....

The book calls gay marriage "insanity" and dedicates a section to "Women in Pants and Similar Frauds."

"Women must veil their form to obscure its contours out of charity towards men," McCall wrote.

He wrote that in debates about whether women should wear skirts or pants: “I am firmly in the ‘Long Skirt’ camp (not that I wear them myself, but none of the women or girls entrusted to the care of the family of which I am the head may, nor desire to, wear pants)."

In an Oct. 1 Facebook post, the OU Daily Newspaper quotes McCall: "If you can’t do it modestly and gracefully in a skirt, you shouldn’t do it at all.” ...
I know some women that could and would kick his ass modestly and gracefully in a skirt.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 am
I know some women that could and would kick his ass modestly and gracefully in a skirt.
To begin with, he would need his ass kicked for wearing a skirt.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

I always thought this #xxxxx was the stupidest crap to come along.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Subject: Response from Senator Tillis
From: "Senator Thom Tillis" <donotreply@tillis.senate.gov>
Date: Tue, November 20, 2018 7:44 am

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about contraceptives. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support access to women’s healthcare services, including contraception, natural family planning, sexually transmitted infection screening, gynecological cancer screening and treatment, and obstetrics and prenatal care. You may be pleased to know that I co-sponsored of S. 93, the Allowing Greater Access to Safe and Effective Contraception Act. This bill aims to increase access to contraception by incentivizing manufacturers of routine-use contraceptives to file an application with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to sell their products over the counter (OTC).

That said, freedom of speech and religion are cornerstones of the United States Constitution. I believe that religious individuals and institutions with sincerely held religious beliefs have every right to freely participate in public discourse and the marketplace of ideas. To say otherwise inappropriately suggests that the opinions and values of religious members of society are less important than those of the nonreligious.

As a pro-life supporter, I have many concerns with Planned Parenthood and the fact that it is the largest abortion provider in the United States and still receives taxpayer funding. While this funding is designated for non-abortion services, it accounts for forty-three percent of their total revenues for the organization as a whole. I oppose policies that force American taxpayers to subsidize Planned Parenthood’s profit-making abortion business. I believe that this funding should be redirected to more comprehensive healthcare providers serving low-income women and children, such as community health centers. Please know that, if issues related to contraceptive access come before the Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about other issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,
Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator (R-NC)
There is no freedom of religion to discriminate. You bigots lost that fight 50 over years ago. Misogynistic churches can deny healthcare coverage to their worship related employees, but they should not be able to do so to their non-worship related employees, and neither should misogynistic private employers. Your reasoning would still allow lunch counter and public transport discrimination.

Your Planned Parenthood "funding is designated for non-abortion services" contradicts your "policies that force American taxpayers to subsidize Planned Parenthood’s profit-making abortion business." If you're going to lie, you really shouldn't be so dumb as to bust yourself doing so.

(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

My bet - a lot of big money people told him to leave Epstein alone - maybe even a few of his palm beach buds, maybe even the same palm beach guy who paid off the fla attorney general to leave his fake charity alone.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Administration Rule Allowing Employers To Deny Free Birth Control Blocked By Federal Judge

A federal judge in California on Sunday blocked new Trump administration rules that would have allowed more employers to opt out of providing women with free birth control.

The preliminary injunction from U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam applies to California, 12 other states and Washington, D.C. Gilliam rejected the plaintiffs’ request to issue a nationwide injunction, the Associated Press reported.
:---P
The case stems from the Trump administration’s modification of a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that birth control treatment be covered at no additional cost to employees. The law provides an exception for religious organizations, but the Trump administration widened those exemptions in October 2017 and added “moral convictions” as legitimate grounds to opt out of covering birth control services.

California and other states sued the administration over the changes, arguing that they violated the Affordable Care Act’s anti-discrimination provisions. The states further contended that the new rules would force women to rely on state-funded programs and lead to an increase in unintended pregnancies....
And thus abortions.
“The law couldn’t be more clear — employers have no business interfering in women’s healthcare decisions,” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement Sunday. “Today’s court ruling stops another attempt by the Trump Administration to trample on women’s access to basic reproductive care. It’s 2019, yet the Trump Administration is still trying to roll back women’s rights. Our coalition will continue to fight to ensure women have access to the reproductive healthcare they are guaranteed under the law.”

The new policy on birth control coverage is set to take effect Jan. 14, after the Trump administration finalized the interim rules in November. Because Gilliam’s injunction is limited to states that are party to the lawsuit, the regulations will still apply to employers in 37 other states....
:roll:
I sure didn't expect to see North Carolina included.

Contact NCDOJ
Me: "Thank you!!!"
Josh Stein

Joshua Stein (born September 13, 1966) is an American attorney and politician who serves as the 50th and current Attorney General of North Carolina. He took office at noon on January 1, 2017....

Following the March 15th (2016) Democratic Primary, Stein resigned from his seat in the North Carolina State Senate to focus on the race for Attorney General, which he would go on to win 50.3% to 49.7%.
Thaaaat close.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

ACLU: Gender Justice in the Workplace

Info. and action opportunities on:

Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Breastfeeding accommodations
Paid Family Leave
EQUAL PAY

Plus:
Equal Rights Amendment

The Equal Rights Amendment is a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution designed to guarantee equal legal rights for all American citizens regardless of sex. It was passed by Congress in 1972 but still has yet to be ratified by the states more than four decades later.

Currently, 37 states have ratified the ERA. 38 states are necessary for the amendment to be ratified. Once the benchmark of 38 ratified states is reached, there could still be possible questions about its viability without Congress extending the deadline for ratification.

Virginia

Virginia is working towards ratification of the ERA and would become the 38th state voting for ratification.

IA, CO, NM and even NC, FL and GA may someday be candidates.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Per PBS:
NV & CO have ratified the ERA in the last 2 years, that's why it's so close to 38.
VA failed to ratify last week. :( Not a one deal yet, though.
NC & AZ have ERA bills, they will fail.
5 states have rescinded ratification. If 38 is achieved, the validity will immediately go to court.
24 states have their own ERAs. :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to Congress:

"Stop letting companies pay women less for the same work. Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Time's Up CEO resigns after son accused of sexual assault, organization says

... But Time's Up, which campaigns against sexual assault, harassment and inequality in the workplace, has now disclosed that Borders informed members of the organization's leadership last Friday that "sexual assault allegations had been made against her son in a private forum."

"Within 24 hours, Lisa made the decision to resign as President and CEO of TIME'S UP and we agreed that it was the right decision for all parties involved," the organization said in its statement. "All of our actions were fully guided by our support for survivors [of sexual harassment and abuse]." ...
Wow, that sucks. Children can be assholes.

Tell the House of Representatives: Stand up for women. Pass the Women's Health Protection Act.

... With right-wing Republicans escalating their attacks, it's time for Democrats in the House of Representatives to go on the offensive and pass the Women's Health Protection Act. While this bill has no chance of becoming law under this administration, it's important that we build momentum and support for it now.

This policy would bar federal and state lawmakers from advancing laws that would:

Impose medically unnecessary regulations on health care facilities that offer abortion
Restrict women’s ability to safely access medication abortion
Require women seeking abortion to undergo state-mandated ultrasounds and wait periods
Ban abortion

We cannot sit by while Trump and Republicans institutionalize misogyny and advance laws purposely intended to incite the radical anti-choice wing of their party at the expense of women's rights. Add your name now to demand that the House of Represenatives pass the Women's Health Protection Act.

Thanks for speaking out to protect women's health and rights.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Alex Acosta: Resign Immediately

Labor Secretary Alex Acosta broke the law when he signed a secret plea agreement with a sex trafficker.

With this news from his time as a US Attorney out in the open, it’s clear that Acosta must resign. Not only did he go easy on a politically well-connected abuser, but he didn’t notify the victims of the trafficker, which included more than 30 teenage girls. By breaking the law and hiding the plea deal from the victims, he’s shown that we cannot trust him.

This story should shock the conscience. It’s unacceptable that Acosta could get away with this and continue to hold one of the most powerful positions in the country.

Add your name to the petition calling on Acosta to resign.
1312. ETTD.