War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:56 pm

O Really wrote:... What would you like them to do? ...
Skip the "investigation" and fire O'Reilly. Maybe that's the plan and this is just cover, as you say they've certainly already investigated. We'll see.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 8489
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by O Really » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Or maybe the neanderthals who follow Fox News like O'Reilly even better now that he's been pretty much confirmed as a true Trumpist. Of course, there's the sponsor problem. And the fact that any subsequent claim keeps getting more expensive because Fox now knows he's a risk and hasn't taken steps to end the harassing behavior (or assaults, or whatever he did). On the other hand, I'm pretty sure all the stars would have some contract language that prevents them from being fired without some investigation and proof of cause. So just deciding he's a scum bag, but one with good ratings, and booting him arbitrarily might give him reason to sue them. Life's hard in the entertainment business.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 pm

O Really wrote:Or maybe the neanderthals who follow Fox News like O'Reilly even better now that he's been pretty much confirmed as a true Trumpist. Of course, there's the sponsor problem. And the fact that any subsequent claim keeps getting more expensive because Fox now knows he's a risk and hasn't taken steps to end the harassing behavior (or assaults, or whatever he did).

They've known since at least 2004, might explain the size of the recent settlements.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure all the stars would have some contract language that prevents them from being fired without some investigation and proof of cause. So just deciding he's a scum bag, but one with good ratings,

Among geezers, he's now losing to Rachel Maddow among the purchasing 25-54 demographic.

and booting him arbitrarily might give him reason to sue them.

That's what I meant by "cover", though you would think that $13M is sufficient cause. Is massive loss of sponsors legal cause?

Life's hard in the entertainment business.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 pm

"Life's hard in the entertainment business."
Apparently not ...

Elaine Davidson – Most Body Piercings

Elaine Davidson is the “Most Pierced Woman” according to the Guinness World Records. Since first receiving a skin piercing in January 1997, Elaine Davidson has been pierced a total of 4,225 times as of 8 June 2006. The former restaurant owner is constantly adding and replacing jewelery, mostly in her face. She enhances her exotic looks with tattoos and brightly colored make-up, and often wears feathers and streamers in her hair.

She has more piercings in her genitalia than in any other part of the body – 500 in all, externally and internally. The total weight of her internal piercings is estimated to be about 3 kilograms. As of May 2008, Davidson’s piercings total 5,920. As of Feb. 2009 her piercings total 6,005. In March 2010, Davidson reported a total of 6,725 piercings. As of March 2012, she has over 9,000. As of may 2016, she has 9,800. She was born in Brazil and is a former nurse.


Image

She'd be handy to have along on a fishing trip; no tackle box required ...

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Maria Jose Cristerna – Most Body Modifications

Most body modifications on a female is held by Maria Jose Cristerna (Mexico) who has a total of 49 body modifications, including significant tattoo coverage, a range of trans-dermal implants on her forehead, chest and arms, and multiple piercings in her eyebrows, lips, nose, tongue, ear lobes, belly button and nipples. Maria Cristerna is also referred to as “The Mexican Vampire lady.” She had dental work to make her look like she has fangs and even has titanium horns inserted into her head making her the scariest looking woman ever.

The 35-year-old mother-of-four gives talks to women suffering from domestic abuse. “At first people were interested in my looks because it was cool, because it attracts attention and because it’s something different,” Cristerna is quoted as saying in a Sky News article. “But I see it as something good among all the bad, because I’m giving a message. I won’t be able to change the thinking of the entire world, but I’m always there to help the people that need it.”


Image

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 8489
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by O Really » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:46 pm

O Really wrote:Or maybe the neanderthals who follow Fox News like O'Reilly even better now that he's been pretty much confirmed as a true Trumpist.
F'rinstance ...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bill-o ... &ocid=iehp

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Not sure how to take that, everyone likes to watch a train wreck. If I got Faux Noise I might have tuned in to O'Reilly this past week.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 am

California prosecutors have turned the tables on Planned Parenthood's undercover video tormentors

... the Center for Medical Progress, a front for anti-abortion activists, released misleading videotapes purporting to show abortion doctors and tissue procurement executives engaged in “selling the body parts of aborted children” for profit, which is against the law.

Nothing of the sort proved true. Planned Parenthood does charge biomedical research companies to collect fetal tissue, but only to cover its expenses, which is permitted under federal law....

Attacking abortion by attacking fetal tissue research is ultimately a fool’s errand. Fetal tissue has been used in research since the 1930s, and its benefits are unquestionable....

On March 28, Becerra announced that he had charged Daleiden and Merritt with 14 felony counts each of recording confidential conversations without permission. He charged them with one count each of felony conspiracy for planning their project. Daleiden’s attorney has called the charges “nothing short of a witch hunt.” ...

Planned Parenthood and the National Abortion Federation have included him (Troy Newman of the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue) as a defendant in civil lawsuits connected to the fetal tissue subterfuge. (Last week, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a preliminary injunction against the Center for Medical Progress preventing the group from disseminating material collected at the National Abortion Federation meetings it infiltrated.)

Newman’s misuse of the phrase “investigative journalism organization” is particularly galling. The Center for Medical Progress is to investigative journalism what the Onion is to real news: a joke....

At least seven states and five congressional committees launched investigations, none of which found wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood, though the movement to strip its funding is alive and well.

How much taxpayer money will be wasted before our elected officials realize that abortion and fetal tissue research are not just legal, but critical to the greater social good?

The other, even less acceptable cost of subterfuges like Daleiden’s is the dramatic spike in violence and death threats against abortion providers.

In July and August 2015, after Daleiden released his heavily edited videotapes, Planned Parenthood health centers reported 713 incidents of harassment or violence, compared with 188 in the same time period a year earlier. Nationwide, abortion providers received 94 death threats or threats of bodily harm in 2015, compared with one the year before.

In November 2015, anti-abortion extremist Robert Dear killed three people and wounded nine others at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs. According to the Associated Press, he told investigators he fired on the clinic because he was upset with “the selling of baby parts.”

People like Daleiden, Newman and Merritt will probably never truly be held to account for the mayhem they inspire.

But the threat of civil judgments, fines or jail time is better than nothing.
Yep, the misogynistic, pro-Big Brother, anti-Planned Parenthood, anti-choice team are criminals, liars, terrorists, fraudsters and murderers.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: War on Women

Unread post by JTA » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Mr.B wrote:Maria Jose Cristerna – Most Body Modifications

Most body modifications on a female is held by Maria Jose Cristerna (Mexico) who has a total of 49 body modifications, including significant tattoo coverage, a range of trans-dermal implants on her forehead, chest and arms, and multiple piercings in her eyebrows, lips, nose, tongue, ear lobes, belly button and nipples. Maria Cristerna is also referred to as “The Mexican Vampire lady.” She had dental work to make her look like she has fangs and even has titanium horns inserted into her head making her the scariest looking woman ever.

The 35-year-old mother-of-four gives talks to women suffering from domestic abuse. “At first people were interested in my looks because it was cool, because it attracts attention and because it’s something different,” Cristerna is quoted as saying in a Sky News article. “But I see it as something good among all the bad, because I’m giving a message. I won’t be able to change the thinking of the entire world, but I’m always there to help the people that need it.”


Image
IS SHE SINGLE?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: War on Women

Unread post by JTA » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 pm

The 35-year-old mother-of-four
Me: Image
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:40 pm

JTA wrote:
The 35-year-old mother-of-four
...but she can't find where they're hiding.


Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Image

User avatar
homerfobe
Ensign
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: All over more than anywhere else.

Re: War on Women

Unread post by homerfobe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Vrede too wrote: Yep, the misogynistic, pro-Big Brother, anti-Planned Parenthood, anti-choice team are criminals, liars, terrorists, fraudsters and murderers.
You are aware you just named every type of s.o.b. liberal in the U.S. don't you?
misogynistic: Male faggot. They hate women
pro-Big Brother: hater of anyone that's not a queer lover or liberal
anti-Planned Parenthood: Even the name Planned Parenthood is a fucking joke
anti-choice: If a woman wants to murder her baby, who the fuck is the government to say she can't? Just because a bitch can't keep her damn legs closed doesn't give her the right to murder the baby. The phrase women's health is a goddamn joke too. If the hussy can afford an abortion, she can damn sure afford to take care of herself.
OK Mr. Self-Important label spewing asshole, it's your turn.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

User avatar
homerfobe
Ensign
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: All over more than anywhere else.

Re: War on Women

Unread post by homerfobe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Mr.B wrote:Image
I would have loved to have seen someone slap the crack right off that bitch's ass.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Lotta notifications coming from that closet.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

User avatar
homerfobe
Ensign
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: All over more than anywhere else.

Re: War on Women

Unread post by homerfobe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Vrede tu-tu wrote:Lotta notifications coming from that closet.
Keep it quiet will ya? You're disturbing normal people.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 8489
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by O Really » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Five men decline to change Maryland law requiring women to negotiate child custody with their rapists.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... pists.html

Probably anti-abortionists all, too.
There should be severe penalties at the ballot box, if not before.

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Image

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 10802
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 am

O Really wrote:Five men decline to change Maryland law requiring women to negotiate child custody with their rapists skirt chasers....
So many liberals, so little time. :P

Post Reply