War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
gongoozler
Pilot Officer

War on Women

Unread post by gongoozler »

Supsalemgr
Major

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

She was interviewed today on Fox & Friends and is a very impressive lady. Her House opponent was also invited to appear and did not respond.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

McSally is way overqualified for the job.

:mrgreen:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Perhaps Republicans are finally getting the message that their war on women is costing them votes. For example Mike Huckabee commenting on Fox News that the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary was because Americans have "systematically removed God from our schools."

It's refreshing to see a Republican leader choose a subject other than rape when they feel the urge to say something goddamned stupid.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede wrote:Although, since the 6 women killed were all school employees, including the head of that "godless" school, in Huckabee's view . . .
I stand corrected.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:Conservative Radio Hosts Parse Feminists: Some are 'Cute,' Some are 'Ugly,' All are 'Family-Destroying Whores'

I would be disgusted and outraged, but these guys are so pathetic as to be laughable.
Indeed, disgusting.
However, they're playing to their dying base.
They gotta get ratings somehow, I guess.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

mike wrote:They gotta get ratings somehow, I guess.
Between extremists and moderates the extremists get the press every time, because they get the ratings every time.

Besides, Fox and other news agencies on the right wouldn't want the moderates to take over, because it might lead to the Republican Party being elected. Milking impotent right-wing rage is much too lucrative to let that happen.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

rstrong wrote:
mike wrote:They gotta get ratings somehow, I guess.
Between extremists and moderates the extremists get the press every time, because they get the ratings every time.

Besides, Fox and other news agencies on the right wouldn't want the moderates to take over, because it might lead to the Republican Party being elected. Milking impotent right-wing rage is much too lucrative to let that happen.
As I mentioned, it is a dying base regardless of the attention it gets.

I suppose, now, it's just a waiting game ...

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Those who can, teach. Those who can't, go into administration.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Where is Mike? Anyone know?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:Image

Where is Mike? Anyone know?
Don't know, I assume he probably stopped posting because of my Atheism and others accusations of him not being a "Real Christian"™. One of the more intelligent posters, I miss him.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

"Real Christian"™.....what is this supposed to mean?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:"Real Christian"™.....what is this supposed to mean?
Some cons felt that mike could not be both a liberal and a "Real Christian". The trademark is Banni's way of mocking those that think they own the phrase.
Ok, got it. I've seen that used before, can't recall where. I couldn't locate any usage in the Search feature, but Bannination isn't the first to use it.
I believe it may have been in the BRN forums.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:mike tells me he's been busy. I'll leave the details for him to share if he wants. He also says:
...I'll be back soon. Please, let banni, neoplacebo, and the rest know I miss 'em (you, too). :) ...
Sorry, I guess you're just part of "the rest", Leo Lyons. ;)
Hmmmm. Did you add the (you too) to the quote? "The rest" covers a lot of ground.
Mike and I didn't always see eye to eye, but he was great to spar with, as you are.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:"Real Christian"™.....what is this supposed to mean?
Vrede was correct in describing what I meant. It is a good question, what the heck is a "Real Christian"? It's not like I invented the term, it seems to only be used by Christians. One also wonders of those using the term, are one of the "Real Christians" themselves? Why is it that those that use this term often don't believe that those practicing Islam and commiting crimes aren't "Real Islamists". It seems like a double standard to me.

Good to hear mike is still out there!

:think:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede wrote:I miss him, too. I worry it's that, but he was active here when work was slow. Maybe it's just picked up.
Mike doesn't strike me as someone who worries much over what others think of him. I miss him, too.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede wrote:"of him", no, not any more than we all care about what others think of us. But, he did express annoyance with the tone and intolerance he perceived, with good cause IMNVHO. I'm glad he implies that's not the reason he left.
Don't think I know Mike, tho that sentiment is pretty common. And while I enjoy good debate with a knowledgeable and erudite conservative, we don't seem to have very many of those with whom to debate- we have only the ridge-browed, willfully ignorant wingnut battalions out here in most internet forums. They do not debate; they recite bumper sticker talking points and spend every available moment wallowing in conspiracy fairy tales. The only way to interact with them is with the virtual equivalent of a 2 x 4. For reference, I direct your attention to the partis and ragins and soupys and so forth and so on.
I would welcome some real intellectual debate with facts and science and all that stuff that teabaggers consider nonsense.
Just sayin.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

"Ah, so," as Charlie Chan used to say. Still, it's a damn shame there seem to be no intelligent conservatives.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Boatrocker wrote:"Ah, so," as Charlie Chan used to say. Still, it's a damn shame there seem to be no intelligent conservatives.
Nogonna happen. Those people are what the ones who call themselves "conservatives" today refer to as "libs." The intellect and analytic ability of a Bill Buckley would not under any circumstances go along with the current crop. Or current crap, for that matter.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:"Ah, so," as Charlie Chan used to say. Still, it's a damn shame there seem to be no intelligent conservatives.
Nogonna happen. Those people are what the ones who call themselves "conservatives" today refer to as "libs." The intellect and analytic ability of a Bill Buckley would not under any circumstances go along with the current crop. Or current crap, for that matter.
I don't feel my ideology has changed much from the days when I considered myself a conservative. I guess in the context of the current infestation of wingnut kooks anyone who doesn't want to return to slavery or the burning witches (or crosses) is a liberal by comparison.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.