Sure is quiet around here

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sure is quiet around here

Unread post by Seth Milner »

JTA wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Damn Vrede, we're going to have to hurry up and get back; they're turning to poetry and looney reminiscing. Ain't it great to be missed? We love you guys too!
How's your guy's honeymoon going?
Dunno about his'n but I had to make a detour through D.C. first. Staying at a friends house in Md. Rather cool and windy!
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Seth Milner wrote:
JTA wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Damn Vrede, we're going to have to hurry up and get back; they're turning to poetry and looney reminiscing. Ain't it great to be missed? We love you guys too!
How's your guy's honeymoon going?
Dunno about his'n but I had to make a detour through D.C. first. Staying at a friends house in Md. Rather cool and windy!
But did you catch fish
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

JTA wrote:The best way I can describe music is like when you add spices to food to bring out certain flavors. Music I think is a lot like that. Listening to the right song at the right time to complement your emotional state is like adding spice to food - it adds to the intensity, compliments whatever emotional state you're in and amplifies it and takes you on a journey. You just need to find the right song with the right vibes.
Yeah, I can relate to that, although music isn't so much of a soundtrack to my life as it once was. I think it may be mostly less opportunity to listen to a variety, or less opportunity to listen by myself so as to follow wherever the rabbit goes.

It's fun to see how a given piece of music can immediately take you back to another point in time - bringing it back more clearly than you could have hauled it out of the memory banks by yourself - or maybe even something you'd forgotten until the music brought it back.

antialias_2

Unread post by antialias_2 »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:On an unrelated note, I see we have a new user - antialias_2. I remember we used to have a guy named antialias that posted here. Same guy?

he's gonna have to post something first
Yes, it's me! Same guy. The board ate my old login so I had to make a new one. Glad you remembered me! I'll be posting more later.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Couldn't find Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen doing Rave On

but here's another classic - Truckin

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 94qXxNW-nw
Saw them in the early-mid 1970s, always liked the songs Commander Cody sang lead on the most.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Couldn't find Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen doing Rave On

but here's another classic - Truckin

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 94qXxNW-nw
Saw them in the early-mid 1970s, always liked the songs Commander Cody sang lead on the most.
You made it!!! There was a rumor floating around you had been eaten by a horde of angry gators.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

If so, those would be satisfied gators, though an angry Vrede too almost ate an FWS ranger.

I'm so, so glad that I left the laptop at home. I'll put a synopsis in the Hiking Thread after I get my SUV unloaded and catch up with a few things.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:If so, those would be satisfied gators, though an angry Vrede too almost ate an FWS ranger.

I'm so, so glad that I left the laptop at home. I'll put a synopsis in the Hiking Thread after I get my SUV unloaded and catch up with a few things.
Nice! Yeah fill us in looking forward to hearing about the trip.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

On Tue Apr 05, 2016 antialias_2 wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:"On an unrelated note, I see we have a new user - antialias_2. I remember we used to have a guy named antialias that posted here. Same guy?"
"he's gonna have to post something first"
"Yes, it's me! Same guy. The board ate my old login so I had to make a new one. Glad you remembered me! I'll be posting more later."
Looks as though he discovered why it "Sure is quiet around here" :wtf: :lol:

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Mr.B wrote:
On Tue Apr 05, 2016 antialias_2 wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:"On an unrelated note, I see we have a new user - antialias_2. I remember we used to have a guy named antialias that posted here. Same guy?"
"he's gonna have to post something first"
"Yes, it's me! Same guy. The board ate my old login so I had to make a new one. Glad you remembered me! I'll be posting more later."
Looks as though he discovered why it "Sure is quiet around here" :wtf: :lol:
we'll see. I've got a few more days back in the states.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Bump
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Some of us have been a bit busy, and haven't done anything interesting lately. Maybe this weekend will be better.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yo dudes.

Nothing much going on for me.

Been spending a lot of time with my gal, so I'm not online quite as much as I used to be. Getting ready to head up to the motherland shortly. Been reading a lot. Hiking, taking lots of weekend adventures. Working on selling off most of the stuff I own at the moment, eventually planning on escaping subdivision hell.

Tomorrow is my Friday as I took off the actual Friday in hopes of some kayaking, but my sins against Jesus seem to have bitten me in the ass since It appears I'm being rewarded with an endless four day weekend torrent
of rain. Such is life, man

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Life has been taken over by work lately.

:thumbdown:

Also, reading new Trump news is a full time job itself now, things are moving so fast I can't keep up.

Plus, it's weird when you don't have right wing lunatics screaming like the world is going to end every other day. I've been getting that fix at some other forums. :wave:

For instance this thread where solar clearly plagiarizes as if he wrote it.

http://you'll know what to type here/political-discussion-and-debate/you-don't-have-the-right-to-believe-whatever-you-want-to/

https://aeon.co/ideas/you-dont-have-a-r ... ou-want-to

It's under a creative commons license, but solar manages to break even those loose terms.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Serious Trump fatigue. Kinda been tuning out.

Maybe I should call it Queeg fatigue. ;)
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:42 am
Serious Trump fatigue. Kinda been tuning out.

Maybe I should call it Queeg fatigue. ;)

That's exactly what Trump is trying to do, tire us out of caring. :x

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Where Vrede at?

bannination
Captain

JTA wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:41 pm
Where Vrede at?
I've heard if you say his name three times in a dark room he'll appear.

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 pm
Y. Working on selling off most of the stuff I own at the moment, eventually planning on escaping subdivision hell.
Might I suggest you seem like a really good candidate for life in a motorhome? After a couple of minor delays, we've closed on our last property around WNC, and now live full-time in what we used to call the "winter residence." But for the last couple of years, we've spent more time in the coach than we have in the house anyway. We'll be spending the summer in New England, then in the fall cruise leisurely back down to Florida. For a guy who can work remotely and work a flexible schedule, such as yourself, it's a good life.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 pm
JTA wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 pm
Y. Working on selling off most of the stuff I own at the moment, eventually planning on escaping subdivision hell.
Might I suggest you seem like a really good candidate for life in a motorhome? After a couple of minor delays, we've closed on our last property around WNC, and now live full-time in what we used to call the "winter residence." But for the last couple of years, we've spent more time in the coach than we have in the house anyway. We'll be spending the summer in New England, then in the fall cruise leisurely back down to Florida. For a guy who can work remotely and work a flexible schedule, such as yourself, it's a good life.

Isn't it amazing how you can live well without so much crap? I'm guessing you don't even miss having a lot of "stuff".
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.