A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Billboards...

Unread post by Vrede too »

First one up in Pensacola, Florida. Second one going up in Pittsburgh. Third one going up in another part of PA to be determined. Please chip in at http://maddogpac.com thanks all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-bill ... 16967.html

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/9646 ... 16975.html
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I didn't see anything about Pensacola, but I sent them money. The payback for the electronic billboard near my home that demanding that Obama show his birth certificate. It stayed up for years after he knuckled under and as usual did what the repugs told him to do.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Woman...

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:46 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:06 am
Florida Teacher Linked To White Supremacist Podcast Removed From The Classroom

Thank goodness most of them are so very, very stupid.
And yet, should all be armed. :roll:

I used to teach in that school system - I believe I mentioned the armordillo sausage, chipped turkey, but may not have described that our 4th grade teacher who boxed up the florida history books and bought her class a full set of new york history books. everyone seemed cool with it - them being from new york city and all
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am
I didn't see anything about Pensacola ...
That is odd. Maybe the tweeter is confused or maybe Mad Dog PAC just hasn't updated their website yet.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Cop...

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am
I didn't see anything about Pensacola ...
That is odd. Maybe the tweeter is confused or maybe Mad Dog PAC just hasn't updated their website yet.
Looks like the tweeter screwed up. There's still no Pensacola billboard on the map and none of their billboards are 'NRA is terrorist'.
http://maddogpac.com/
Who knows, maybe it's a photoshop and the billboard doesn't exist anywhere.

Florida's 2016 'Officer of the Year' arrested after feces, guns, drugs allegedly found in his 'disgusting' home

A former U.S. Army Ranger who won the Florida Sheriffs Association’s 2016 “Law Enforcement Officer of the Year” award has been fired from his job as a deputy after authorities found feces, guns, drugs and assorted garbage strewn about his “absolutely disgusting” home.

Bevard County Deputy Nicholas Worthy and his live-in girlfriend, Rachel Trexler, were arrested Thursday after police searched the Rockledge property where they lived with their 2-year-old child and three dogs.

"The house was in complete disarray. There was dog feces all over the house, there were firearms, ammunition, other types of trash and food," said Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey. "Also found was a small amount of drugs that was inside the home and inside a vehicle."

Worthy – who has since been fired -- and Trexler are both facing charges of child neglect and possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, the Orlando Sentinel reported....

Ivey said officials were called to the home Wednesday night after a neighbor reported hearing gunshots. Police failed to make contact with the officer and returned the next morning with a search warrant....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida to add statue of Mary McLeod Bethune at U.S. Capitol, in place of Confederate general
A statue of Mary McLeod Bethune will replace one of confederate Gen. Edmund Kirby Smith

Florida's governor has ordered a statue of a Confederate general at the U.S. Capitol to be removed and replaced with one of an African-American woman.

Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill (SB 472) making that step official Monday. The bill removes a statue of Confederate Gen. Edmund Kirby Smith and replaces it with a statue of Mary McLeod Bethune. She founded a school that would eventually become historically black Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach.

Bethune's statue would be the first African-American woman in Statuary Hall.

Congress allows each state two statues in Statuary Hall. Florida's other one is of John Gorrie, whose inventions led to modern-day air conditioning.
:---P

"first African-American woman in Statuary Hall" kinda sucks in 2018. Good on Florida.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D :thumbup:

Now we know the real reason that the hare got his butt kicked.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

From the Florida man link above

http://www.newsweek.com/who-adrian-abra ... 120-892275

The robocalls to my phone dropped by at least 90% after this guy was stopped. Others must be taking over as calls are increasing, but still nowhere near what they were.

Most come in with the same prefix as my own number.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

If it's not identified by a name (and sometimes when it is), or if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. That's what voice mail is for. Installed Hiya.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am
If it's not identified by a name (and sometimes when it is), or if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. That's what voice mail is for. Installed Hiya.

Business requires that I answer unknown calls, especially out of state. I did stop answering calls that have my same local prefix, unless I know the number. Not answering doesn't end the interruption. I glad to see this shithead go down

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Some telemarketing calls not only spoof my local prefix, but even use a number where a legit business or organization shows in the caller ID.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 am
Some telemarketing calls not only spoof my local prefix, but even use a number where a legit business or organization shows in the caller ID.
Have yours dropped recently? Mine are way down since this man was caught. If course the numbers are increasing, but there was a huge reprieve for awhile.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/31/us/flo ... index.html

fo dollar fo you

"deciding damages in the case, the (florida person) jury awarded Bryant $1 for funeral expenses, and $1 for each child's "loss of parental companionship, instruction, and guidance and ... mental pain and suffering,"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 am
Have yours dropped recently? Mine are way down since this man was caught. If course the numbers are increasing, but there was a huge reprieve for awhile.
He was busted in June of 2017, so I'll say no. However, they maaaay have lessened a bit more recently, but not by a lot. I get about 1 or 2 daily that I let go to the answering machine and they rarely leave any message.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 am

fo dollar fo you

"deciding damages in the case, the (florida person) jury awarded Bryant $1 for funeral expenses, and $1 for each child's "loss of parental companionship, instruction, and guidance and ... mental pain and suffering,"
The incident is complicated, but that's just immature and nasty of the jury to choose that resolution.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 am

fo dollar fo you

The incident is complicated, but that's just immature and nasty of the jury to choose that resolution.

Hmm, all I saw was a lying cop claiming gun, shooting through a garage door instead of handing out the required "warning", never being prosecuted, and then a mean spirited jury assaulting the family.

Yeah, these kids will be growing up to respect the law