A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by O Really »

The Alexander case was fershure a travesty of justice, and Corey is known to over-charge. But the real lynchpin in the case was that Alexander left the house to go out to the car to get her gun, came back in and shot it. Hard to claim the immediate cause of the shot was that she was afraid when she had already left the house and returned. Florida has become exceptionally lenient on the "I wuz skeered" defense, but at the time a "warning shot" wasn't a legal part of defense. Second part of the problem was Florida's ridiculous 10-20-life mandatory sentencing requirements. Final part of the problem was that Alexander wasn't a white male. Of course, neither was George Zimmerman, but she botched that one too - in the opposite direction.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

George Zimmerman is a white male, Hispanics come in all colors.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:George Zimmerman is a white male, Hispanics come in all colors.
True, but "whiteness" is more a matter of perception than reality. F'rinstance, why aren't bi-racial people ever considered "white"? I think it goes back to the "purity" idea when you could be considered black with what - 1/16th ancestry? Racism never went away, just apparently hid under a rock for a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Agreed, but with being 1/2 pure German and the significant Euro portion of his Peruvian blood, white is all that he can be legitimately called.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/10/fl ... indow.html

Florida man arrested for throwing alligator through drive-thru window
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Aw, c'mon. That could happen *anywhere*.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:Aw, c'mon. That could happen *anywhere*.

my Floral City students would jump into the river to catch a 3 footer and do similar idiotic things with it to terrorize the girls

they couldn't do the Wendy's drive through thing, as they were only 5th graders
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Tragedy...

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Cops...

7 people arrested while feeding the homeless — because they didn’t pay for a permit

... While Tampa’s ordinance on permits and insurance has existed for years, Food Not Bombs has been serving food to the homeless for more than a decade without incident. In 2004, three activists were arrested, also for not having a permit, but the charges were later dropped and police stopped enforcing the ordinance, per the National Coalition for the Homeless.

Food Not Bombs members suggested to CLTampa.com that the change is a result of the College Football Playoff national championship game, which will take place in Tampa on Monday. Because of the game and the national spotlight that comes along with it, the city does not want its homeless to be congregating in public, visible places, the activists said.

Tampa police, however, stressed that the organization’s lack of a permit was the main issue....
Liars.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Police: Florida man shoots, kills woman who was searching for dog

Sheriff’s officials say an 83-year-old Florida man fatally shot a woman after her daughter and brother-in-law knocked on his front door while searching for a missing dog.

Manatee County Sheriff’s officials tell local news outlets Eugene Matthews opened the door about 7 p.m. Tuesday and started firing a handgun. The bullets struck 64-year-old Rebecca Rawson who had stayed in the car parked outside....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I 'm sure he wuz skeered fer his life. But the people looking for their dog should have known to be armed when knocking on doors. Then they could have "defended themselves" when a crazy old guy comes out firing. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote: . . . when a crazy old guy comes out firing . . . .
Not a popular notion, to be sure, but I am more and more convinced that anything requiring a minimum age of participation, should also require a maximum age.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
O Really wrote: . . . when a crazy old guy comes out firing . . . .
Not a popular notion, to be sure, but I am more and more convinced that anything requiring a minimum age of participation, should also require a maximum age.
Not an awful idea, but I can see there would be objections. Problem is, while human maturity (physical at least) is pretty standard across the board, not everybody turns into crazy old guys at a comparable age. Instead of a flat maximum age, I'd certainly favor more frequent checks/verifications of condition for things like guns, drivers' licenses, and alcohol purchase. Try getting that passed among a Congress or legislature of old white guys. Right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Try getting any restrictions on guns or what old people can do in Florida.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Funny you should mention. Apparently there's some glitch in the laws (imagine that - in Florida?!) that you can't have a concealed carry permit and medical marijuana prescription. So there was some old geezer on TV whining about what an awful choice to "force" onto people. He just wants "to pertek hisself and his fambly." I don't know whether that was accidental or intentional - in Florida it's hard to tell anyway - but I don't see that much of a hard choice. Let's see - how many times in my life have I needed my firearm to pertek myself or my fambly? How often do I have pain that can be eased with some grass? I'd guess the answer to the first is probably "never" and the answer to the second is probably "daily or constantly." Seems a pretty easy choice to me.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

:lol: :lol:
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Woman...

Florida Maid of Honor Gets `Raging Drunk,` Ruins Wedding

I'll bet she's single, JTA, but you gotta catch her after only half a bottle of Fireball or she isn't much fun.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

You know that can't be the first time she's done stuff like that. And the bride didn't know? Must have been some reason for her being a bridesmaid that isn't told in the story.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Reminds me of the drunk chick at the tent wedding in the now years-old video. Tried to pole dance on the main support pole and brought the tent down!
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Maneater...

1312. ETTD.