A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: A Florida Woman...

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Not a word on her website about where she is from. A Florida born would be advertised for all to see.

Ohio.
I assumed so from her university choice, but couldn't find it on the site. Did I miss it, or did you find it somewhere else?
One of the articles mentioned her 'home state" of Ohio.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Doc said he was being 'treated like a black person' during arrest https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/do ... ng-n901711

LEOs just need to chill, screaming high guy loves trump and was just conducting an "in order to better understand the black man" experiment.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Doc said he was being 'treated like a black person' during arrest https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/do ... ng-n901711

LEOs just need to chill, screaming high guy loves trump and was just conducting an "in order to better understand the black man" experiment.
White privilege is being in an airport, yelling at cops and telling them you are pissed off and eventually they tire of your histrionics and arrest your ass. Then you yell "they are treating me like a f*cking Black person," That is white privilege.
:lol: :thumbup:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:53 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm

White privilege is being in an airport, yelling at cops and telling them you are pissed off and eventually they tire of your histrionics and arrest your ass. Then you yell "they are treating me like a f*cking Black person," That is white privilege.
:lol: :thumbup:

Do you suppose that the bag of weed was part of his Black Like Me disguise?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 pm
Do you suppose that the bag of weed was part of his Black Like Me disguise?
If so, a lousy one. Most blacks know not to be that pointlessly stupid while carrying.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"Florida Man" gets recognized in northern Vermont...
https://www.caledonianrecord.com/news/w ... 511b0.html

This from a state with basically a one-person Republican party... https://wtop.com/national/2018/08/gop-c ... rve-spots/

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: A Florida Woman...

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm
"mistake"? :oII
She claimed a nonexistent degree from Miami University in her candidate bio. Then, she forged, framed and displayed - with her witting or unwitting mom - a fake diploma.

Sooo...I'm looking at this photo and I'm asking myself; why is this doo-lilly displaying a degree, if she not trying to bullshit the public?
How many candidates do any of us know ever displayed a framed degree to prove anything?

(nice tits and legs, btw)

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

A Florida man, while running for governor of Florida, just called for black people not to monkey things up.

Yes he did.

He most certainly did.

O Really
Admiral

OK, so it's a Cali man, but it's still a feel-good story...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bl ... 1db3d623c4

Da Bears!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 pm
OK, so it's a Cali man, but it's still a feel-good story...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bl ... 1db3d623c4

Da Bears!
A California man who was hunting bear ended up being the hunted when he was mauled by the animal.

The unidentified man was bow hunting with two other men in Riverside County’s Banning Canyon last Friday and shot a black bear with an arrow, according to The Yucaipa News Mirror.

California Department of Fish and Wildlife spokesman Capt. Charles Foy said the hunter waited before attempting to recover the animal’s carcass — but apparently not long enough.

It turns out the 300-pound bear wasn’t dead, and it lashed out, causing serious injuries.

“He was in bad shape with pretty severe injuries. Not fit to be interviewed,” Foy told the paper. The man is reportedly still at a local hospital recovering from his injuries.

One of the other hunters told Los Angeles station KABC that the victim is an experienced hunter who just didn’t wait long enough after striking the bear to get a closer look.

Foy told the station that was a mistake. “Approaching an animal that’s injured can be dangerous or can at least put that animal in a position where it’s going to forcibly defend itself thinking it’s under threat,” he said.

The bear has since died and was removed from the area and taken to a lab for study, according to The Riverside Press-Enterprise....
I thought that hunting ethics demands that you put a wounded animal out of its misery immediately. Am I wrong?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"hunting ethics" :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:04 am
"hunting ethics" :lol:
I hunted just a very, very little decades ago and never considered myself to be a "hunter", but I'm a conservationist more than an animal rights activist and I do believe there's a difference between ethical and non-ethical hunting. Caveat: My direct and indirect experience is much more with the West. It may be different here.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

From the limited details in the story, it's entirely possible the hunter would have examined the bear and, upon finding it still alive, finished him off "humanely." But apparently the bear didn't yet want to go in the cart. Anyway, I don't care about the hunter's ethics or intent, I'm just glad the bear got in a few good hits.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 am
From the limited details in the story, it's entirely possible the hunter would have examined the bear and, upon finding it still alive, finished him off "humanely." But apparently the bear didn't yet want to go in the cart. Anyway, I don't care about the hunter's ethics or intent, I'm just glad the bear got in a few good hits.
Yeah, that doesn't bother me, I just thought it strange to see that he should have waited longer when I've never heard of that being done.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Election...

Take the Time. Vote “Yes” on 9
If you're concerned about offshore drilling off our coasts, then you need to vote YES on Amendment 9.

Amendment 9 will appear on the November 2018 ballot. By adding an amendment to the Florida constitution, it will permanently protect Floridians from opportunists who would put our economy at risk for the narrow interests of the oil industry. The amendment works by banning drilling for the extraction of oil or natural gas in Florida’s state waters, but this Amendment needs 60% voter approval to pass....
Good luck, O Really and billy.pilgrim. I assume that I would vote for this. My one hesitation would be wanting to know why a constitution amendment is necessary, but I suspect there's good reason and going this route wasn't taken lightly.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:57 am
My one hesitation would be wanting to know why a constitution amendment is necessary, but I suspect there's good reason and going this route wasn't taken lightly.
Constitutional amendments are indeed taken pretty lightly in Florida - and maybe the Constitution itself since there have been I think 6 versions since Florida became a state just in time to participate in the Civil War. I don't even know how many amendments there are total, but there's 13 on the ballot this year.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am
Constitutional amendments are indeed taken pretty lightly in Florida - and maybe the Constitution itself since there have been I think 6 versions since Florida became a state just in time to participate in the Civil War. I don't even know how many amendments there are total, but there's 13 on the ballot this year.
Doesn't bode well for #9. At some point people just vote 'No' on everything.

Looks like your #4 is a good one, too - would restore the right to vote for 1.4 million Floridian felons after they've completed their full sentence.

No initiatives in NC, but we do have 6 referendums, probably, on the ballot.
https://ballotpedia.org/North_Carolina_ ... t_measures

Creates a constitutional right to kill animals.
Expands the constitutional rights of crime victims - probably has some ugly elements, I haven't looked into it yet.
Restricts state ability to tax income for all time and under any conditions.
Enshrines voter suppression.

2 that would shift Governor (D) powers to the Leg. (R). They've been in court, not sure about the current status.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:57 am
My one hesitation would be wanting to know why a constitution amendment is necessary, but I suspect there's good reason and going this route wasn't taken lightly.
I believe it was jebbers who said - don't worry about the amendment (class size) passing, I already have a way to get around it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Florida Cops...

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:21 am
7 people arrested while feeding the homeless — because they didn’t pay for a permit

... While Tampa’s ordinance on permits and insurance has existed for years, Food Not Bombs has been serving food to the homeless for more than a decade without incident. In 2004, three activists were arrested, also for not having a permit, but the charges were later dropped and police stopped enforcing the ordinance, per the National Coalition for the Homeless.

Food Not Bombs members suggested to CLTampa.com that the change is a result of the College Football Playoff national championship game, which will take place in Tampa on Monday. Because of the game and the national spotlight that comes along with it, the city does not want its homeless to be congregating in public, visible places, the activists said.

Tampa police, however, stressed that the organization’s lack of a permit was the main issue....
Liars.
Meanwhile, in Fort Lauderdale:
Federal Appeals Court Cites Bible, Shakespeare, and Boston Tea Party. Says Food Not Bombs Food Sharing is “an act of political solidarity.”

In a groundbreaking opinion citing the examples of the Boston Tea Party, Jesus Christ, Pilgrims and Native Americans, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled that the First Amendment protects outdoor food sharing as “expressive conduct” under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. This decision is the first pronouncement on this issue by any federal appeals court in the country....
“[Fort Lauderdale Food Not Bombs] does not serve food as a charity, but rather to communicate its message ‘that [ ] society can end hunger and poverty if we redirect our collective resources from the military and war and that food is a human right, not a privilege, which society has a responsibility to provide for all,’ ” wrote Judge Adalberto Jordan in the federal appellate court opinion. “Providing food in a visible public space, and partaking in meals that are shared with others, is an act of political solidarity meant to convey the organization’s message.”
Judge Adalberto Jordan - refugee from Castro, clerked for con Sandra Day O'Connor, Assistant United States Attorney, appointed by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama

Judge Gerald Bard (cites Shakespeare :D ) Tjoflat - appointed by Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford

Judge John E. Steele
Steele served as a law clerk to the Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney's Office in Detroit from 1972 to 1974. He was assistant prosecuting attorney in the Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney's Office from 1974 to 1977 and assistant prosecuting attorney in the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office in Kalamazoo from 1977 to 1980. Steele served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Michigan from 1980 to 1981. He relocated to Florida and was Assistant United States Attorney in the United States Attorney for the Middle District of Florida from 1981 to 1988....

Appointed by Bill Clinton
:---P :clap:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: An Oregon Woman....

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

This woman shouldn't be allowed to drink and drive and needs to go back to middle school for geography lessons (but would probably get suspended for dress code violations 😱)

Racist Driver To Asian Woman: 'You're Illegals Crossing The Border'
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.