A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by O Really »

Well, it's a common game to play "ain't it awful" about the damgummint regulations, but rarely does anyone cite specific issues - other than those, of course that bother them personally. A hunter doesn't like regulations on when/where he can kill stuff, maybe, and obviously people who have pig shit or coal residue to dump don't like regulations restricting them from dumping in the nearest river. However, most people wouldn't find those regulations to be excessive or strangling.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:12 pm
Sounds to me like an admission of the extreme harm he did as a drug warrior. Bravo.
"Extreme harm?" ... The "extreme harm here" was depriving dope heads, society's elite, and general lowlife's of their daily fixes; your biggest whine. We know you're not an elite, so whine on; it's still happening. Bravo.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:48 pm
Yo, Leo - real question, if you're up to it: If you really believe that "the American people are drowning in rules and regulations..." which ones in particular do you object to? And you might want to leave out the ones where the "unelected bureaucrats" are promulgating rule and regulations that they are required to do as a result of implementing a law passed by the elected.
I didn't mean to paste 'unelected bureaucrats' with the rest of that quote; my screw-up.

I don't have any personal examples; but here's a couple examples like I run across every now and then: (choosing random state names)

The XYZ Supermarket Co. is running a sweepstakes nationwide for, whatever. "Sweepstakes void in NJ, MN, NY, etc."
Who decides their citizens can't enter a sweepstakes?

Prices going up for sugary drinks as Seattle tax kicks in (Dec.17)

"Seattle is turning soda pop into strawberries, tomatoes and salad greens.
But the alchemy comes at a price — a tax that starts Monday on the distribution of sweetened beverages.
Store owners and many consumers had opposed the tax, which the City Council approved in June. So did unionized beverage-industry workers and critics who called it regressive, saying it would punish the poor.
Doctors say the main point is to discourage people from buying sugary drinks — which have been linked to type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and dental decay."

The city is telling it's citizens that if they want soft drinks, they're going to be taxed extra taxes. Big brother has decided he's going to determine what people consume, and if they don't agree, they'll pay Big Brother for their non-compliance.

Just my take.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Florida teacher says she was fired for refusing to give students partial credit on an assignment they didn't turn in

“I’m so upset, because we have a nation of kids that are expecting to get paid and live their life just for showing up,
and it’s not real,” the teacher said.

...and the beat goes on.

O Really
Admiral

I don't doubt this happened in some version or another, but I'm pretty sure there's more to the story.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:36 am
I don't doubt this happened in some version or another, but I'm pretty sure there's more to the story.
I agree. Seems there's always more to any story; you see what the media and the local authorities want you to see.

That missing 6 year old in NC smacks of a Susan Smith mystery. I watched Mom pleading and sobbing on TV this morning;
there were no tears; same as Susan Smith.

I hope the little guy's safe.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:36 am
I agree. Seems there's always more to any story; you see what the media and the local authorities want you to see.

That missing 6 year old in NC smacks of a Susan Smith mystery. I watched Mom pleading and sobbing on TV this morning;
there were no tears; same as Susan Smith.

I hope the little guy's safe.
It's almost as if you are ignoring here, what you are preaching in defense of bret on another thread.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:11 pm
It's almost as if you are ignoring here, what you are preaching in defense of bret on another thread.
You've lost me.

I'm not defending Kavanaugh directly. My defense is in "innocent until proven guilty". His past professional career means nothing to me; I never heard of him until this came up.
I would do the same if it were you or any of the others. (including <ugh!> Vrede!) :lol: :lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:33 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:11 pm
You've lost me.

I'm not defending Kavanaugh directly. My defense is in "innocent until proven guilty". His past professional career means nothing to me; I never heard of him until this came up.
I would do the same if it were you or any of the others. (including <ugh!> Vrede!) :lol: :lol:
No tears and you're skeptical of her story.

Multiple people have personal or eye witness stories about Bret and you say wait more info but don't push for further investigation.

Yep, I get it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:04 am
No tears and you're skeptical of her story.
Correct. Skeptical. The full story's not come out yet, then we'll know the rest of the story.

Multiple people have personal or eye witness stories about Bret and you say wait more info but don't push for further investigation.
Perhaps I've missed something here? Where did I say anything about not pushing for an investigation? I said how does the FBI investigate a tale from 30+ years ago when there's no evidence or written proof? Also, I did say the Dems are pushing for an investigation because it will delay the proceedings hopefully beyond the November elections where 24 Democratic Senate seats are up for grabs.
"Multiple people have personal or eye witness stories..." Of course they do. Hopefully for the Dems, that will only prolong the circus.

One fellow came forward and announced that he may be the one that was mistaken for Kavanaugh. The reply from one of Ford's friends: "where do they get these people?" Really. Tell us. Inquiring minds want to know.

Yep, I get it.
Glad I was able to clear that up for you.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: A Tennessee Man...

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Your question is rapidly becoming "are other first world countries as asinine as we are?"

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:56 pm
Your question is rapidly becoming "are other first world countries as asinine as we are?"
Yikes, true dat.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Is there room for "An Alabama Man..."
Ex football coach shoots self with .38 while cutting grass.
Darwin Award honorable mention.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-former- ... 19206.html

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Is there room for "An Alabama Man..."
Ex football coach shoots self with .38 while cutting grass.
Darwin Award honorable mention.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-former- ... 19206.html
The incident happened shortly before 2 p.m. Monday, according to WSFA 12 News, when he was struck in the torso by a single .38 caliber handgun bullet.

WAAO-FM spoke to some of the coach’s family members, who said he was using a riding lawnmower at his father’s property when he was struck by the bullet. The family said the gun was for protection against snakes.
Snub nosed revolvers are excellent shake protection guns, especially while on a riding mower.
Ride'm cowboy!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

I would have thought that a riding lawnmower was better protection against snakes, but what do I know?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

There's no real reason to shoot a snake if you give him a chance to get away.
If you're going to try to shoot a snake, a .22 plinker is all you need.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Winter Haven man 'ready to kill' if Brett Kavanaugh isn't confirmed to Supreme Court, deputies say

I’m adding James Royal Patrick Jr. to my list of white (or pink) male con terrorists.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:44 am
Winter Haven man 'ready to kill' if Brett Kavanaugh isn't confirmed to Supreme Court, deputies say

I’m adding James Royal Patrick Jr. to my list of white (or pink) male con terrorists.
But he said that he was only trying to annoy liberals.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:11 am
But he said that he was only trying to annoy liberals.
Instead, a few million are laughing at him.

I have reported other online terrorist threats, never heard if anything came of it.
1312. ETTD.