A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by rstrong »

Good luck!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Thanks! Luck will just be getting on the road. This is my 3rd deployment and I haven't even left home yet. I'm either that good . . . or my reputation precedes me. :D
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:... Luck will just be getting on the road....
Bye.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Woman...

Fla. election official sued over potential ‘cataclysmic’ medical-marijuana ballot error

A marijuana decriminalization group sued Broward County’s election supervisor Thursday for a potentially “catastrophic and cataclysmic” error that could endanger Florida’s highly popular medical-marijuana initiative at the ballot box.

In one instance so far, a voter provided proof that the proposed Florida Constitutional Amendment 2 was nowhere to be found on her vote-by-mail absentee ballot, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Broward Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes — whose office has been criticized for two other printing snafus recently — acknowledged there might have been a “mistake,” but she told the newspaper that she doesn’t know how widespread the problem is and that she could find no evidence it happened with other voters....

Broward — Florida’s second-most populous county —supported medical marijuana the most in 2014, when voters passed it by a margin of almost 159,000 votes. Though the measure received 57.6 percent support statewide at the time, it failed because state constitutional amendments need to pass with 60 percent of the vote in Florida.

Recent polls have shown the medical marijuana amendment garnering 70 percent or more support this year.

“Every voter and vote, therefore, is critical,” Norman Kent, an attorney for Florida’s chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), wrote in his emergency petition to the local circuit court filed Thursday.

“The end result of this error is catastrophic and cataclysmic as it applies to this ballot item, effectively disenfranchising voters and eliminating the right to vote on certain matters which have been lawfully placed on the ballot,” Kent wrote....

“You can’t make this stuff up. It’s Florida,” Kent said. “My first reaction was: Were they high when they printed these ballots? This is ridiculous.” ...
Or drunk.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede used the term best thing since sliced bread. I grew up hearing that saying and hearing now we are cooking with gas. Both make sense relating to a modernizing world of new and improved.

Since I've been in florida, I keep hearing - now we are cooking with grease. This makes no sense outside of being idiotic. Cave men cooked with grease.

I'm in NW fla where rhythm has little reason. Has anyone else heard this expression, or can anyone explain it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Vrede used the term best thing since sliced bread. I grew up hearing that saying and hearing now we are cooking with gas. Both make sense relating to a modernizing world of new and improved.

Since I've been in florida, I keep hearing - now we are cooking with grease. This makes no sense outside of being idiotic. Cave men cooked with grease.

I'm in NW fla where rhythm has little reason. Has anyone else heard this expression, or can anyone explain it
What year is it in NW FL? In L.A., it's somewhere between 1953 and 1968, depending on which trailer park you live in.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Phrase...

I don't think heard it before, but the sole entry in the user-generated Urban Dictionary says:
cooking with grease

factually stating something, especially when relating to past experiences, in a non-offensive way in order to try to slightly sway someone's opinion.

"Now, we are cooking with grease." (as in, "Now, we are getting somewhere!")
If accurate, it sounds like it's referring to the speed and efficiency of frying, not historical advancement like "greatest thing since sliced bread". That's not to say that the folks in NW FL, let alone in LA, aren't idiotic cave people for other reasons. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Never heard anybody use the term "cooking with grease." I've heard things like, "now we're cooking," meaning things are underway or going well. But of course common expressions don't have to make literal sense. If they did, nobody would say "by and large."

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581b5 ... 82df6537fd

Driving naked, Halloween, wires coming out of penis, just another balmy night in florida, but watch out for the straight arm bar takedown
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Once had a 50-ish patient, not a Floridian, that had put a balloon up his penis. It broke. Sent him off to surgery. Later, the recovery room nurse dropped off the surgery keys as she always did at night, but much later than usual. Before she made it out the door I realized why and said, "Interesting case, wasn't it?"

She turned and exclaimed, "It was yellow, I won the bet!" and strutted triumphantly out the door.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Darwin Award Winners:
Vrede too wrote:"Once had a 50-ish patient, not a Floridian, that had put a balloon up his penis. It broke. Sent him off to surgery."
That hurt just to read about it! I wonder how he got it there, and what was the reason? :wtf:
A friend of ours, who's a nurse, told us of a young couple who came to the ER because they used WD40 as a personal lubricant. :---P

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Keeping things fair - we also have florida asshole woman stories

A Florida woman who believes the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting was a hoax was arrested Monday on charges she threatened the parent of a child killed in the 2012 school shooting. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/san ... spartanntp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's worth noting that most of these Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting "truthers" are idiot gunhuggers that think it's all part of some massive conspiracy to take away their pathetic compensations.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The 9/11 conspiritards are also known for threatening and stalking witnesses who contradict their delusions.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

They are also known as trump supporters

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Judge...

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A Florida Judge...

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:... trashed by 7 other Florida Judges . . . .
:clap:
In Florida. That's something. Now, when some douchenozzle place like Texass starts showing some humanity and common sense, I'll really be impressed.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Collins wasn't so tough standing before her superiors, was she? :clap:

"Good. More of this, please. It’s too bad former Florida District Attorney Angela Corey wan’t publicly
reprimanded for her treatment of single mother and domestic violence victim Marissa Alexander, who fired a shot into the air to keep her serial abuser husband from attacking her and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Florida has a long way to go. This is hopefully the start of new direction. No victim of domestic violence should ever be treated so cruel and disrespectfully. Ever."