A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Kardashian Man...

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:More illiterate headlines...

Rob Found Out Kim Was Robbed at His Baby Shower

Police shoot man with machete
If Rob had taken a machete gun to his baby shower, Kim wouldn't have been robbed there. Instead, the robber would have been Rob-ed.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Update:
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... model&MR=1

Rake the east coast of FL including brief landfall at Category 4, make a tight clockwise circle, beeline for Seth Milner's new home.
I see the map in the link, but I think you may be reading it wrong. Commentary with the map still says it's going up the coast. Plus, if it did turn around and head back south I think it would be the first ever to do so. But hey, in a year where Trump is contending for President I guess weird things should be expected.

In 85 Elena hit pensacola, turned SE went down to cedar key, sat on cedar key for a couple of days and then went NW and hit pensacola again

You never know. The models are pretty good these days, look for a 2nd hit or through the straight into the gulf
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

FL's already getting heavy rain (satellite, radar):
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... ew?map=sat
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... ?map=radar

Matthew will hit FL as a Category 4, GA & SC as a Category 2 then 1. Looks like NC won't get much. Then, it becomes a Tropical Depression:
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... w?map=5day
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... map=alerts

No telling whether it will strengthen to a hurricane again before it hits S. FL again, or what it will do in the warm waters of the Gulf:
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... p=ensmodel

Nicole looks like even less of a threat now than it was:
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/ ... p=ensmodel

Elena, 1985:

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:Since I'm no longer paranoid over anyone discovering my whereabouts, I'll show you this:
This is the lot I bought to build on; this is an old photo from Google Earth of the original house that used to be there; it was storm damaged from another hurricane and had sat vacant for a number of years before it was torn down. Street view in Google Earth shows the house and the damage is more clear; but space view only shows an empty lot. Thanks for the well wishes, y'all . . . ALL of y'all.

Now, let's clarify something: I was an investigator, and I wasn't being untruthful when I said I was a reporter; I reported to superiors what I investigated.
I worked undercover and my investigations uncovered high-level corruption, money laundering, a car theft ring, and drugs. My wife died because of my work and a price was put on my head. The one who was going to pay for my demise died in prison along with two of his followers in a gang-related brawl late last year. His acquaintances on the outside fled and I got the word that since there was no bounty money, all interest in me was gone. There you have it.

I wish you all a long happy life; Spook and I are going fishing . . . from now on. :wave:

Good luck, outside of you posting like such a dick from time to time, I have to say that I think I like Seth, at least a little.

Mullet smoke better than any other fish

You will need a cast net, although an old man showed me how to catch/snag with a bright brass hook after scattering corn meal in shallow water
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1998's Hurricane Mitch did a stall like Elena's over Honduras, devastating, up to 75 inches of rain. I did post-storm relief work there.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Note: I edited above while you were posting.

I would not have thought of checking Snopes for that. :clap:

Ivan was the one I was thinking of. Just before I moved here, y'all still talk about how badly it messed things up here in WNC.

We took the 1st hit. Biggest storm surge we have ever had. The entire barrier island (Pensacola Beach) was under 6 to 8 feet of water with waves above that for about 6 hours.
I have a long long personal story of every second including a compass, an orange shirt, a too small bicycle helmet, pets, an ax and a saws all. Your mind jumps to all kinds of ideas when you are home alone. All was well in the end
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:1998's Hurricane Mitch did a stall like Elena's over Honduras, devastating, up to 75 inches of rain. I did post-storm relief work there.

I remember that one.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:1998's Hurricane Mitch did a stall like Elena's over Honduras, devastating, up to 75 inches of rain. I did post-storm relief work there.

Hurricane Mitch was like wait fuck you faroe islands and turned around and bee lined it.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Seth Milner wrote:Since I'm no longer paranoid over anyone discovering my whereabouts, I'll show you this:
This is the lot I bought to build on; this is an old photo from Google Earth of the original house that used to be there; it was storm damaged from another hurricane and had sat vacant for a number of years before it was torn down. Street view in Google Earth shows the house and the damage is more clear; but space view only shows an empty lot. Thanks for the well wishes, y'all . . . ALL of y'all.

Now, let's clarify something: I was an investigator, and I wasn't being untruthful when I said I was a reporter; I reported to superiors what I investigated.
I worked undercover and my investigations uncovered high-level corruption, money laundering, a car theft ring, and drugs. My wife died because of my work and a price was put on my head. The one who was going to pay for my demise died in prison along with two of his followers in a gang-related brawl late last year. His acquaintances on the outside fled and I got the word that since there was no bounty money, all interest in me was gone. There you have it.

I wish you all a long happy life; Spook and I are going fishing . . . from now on. :wave:
"Now, he lives in the islands, fishes the pilin's, and drinks his Green Label each day . . . ."

I envy your new situation, even as I hate how you got there. Bonne chance, mon ami.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:And, no one had ever asked you about your career. You volunteered a lie for some childish conversational advantage. No wonder you got tripped up in your lies. So, I have zero reason to believe the rest of today's post.
I'm beginning to suspect that Det.Thorn wasn't really a detective. :wtf:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Vrede too wrote:And, no one had ever asked you about your career. You volunteered a lie for some childish conversational advantage. No wonder you got tripped up in your lies. So, I have zero reason to believe the rest of today's post.
I'm beginning to suspect that Det.Thorn wasn't really a detective. :wtf:
And Kilgore might not really be a science fiction author

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:I'm beginning to suspect that Det.Thorn wasn't really a detective. :wtf:
True, but he does have a man crush on Charlton Heston, nttawwt.

How muscular are you, anyhow, or is it a B.O. thing?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Over the years, I've lived in several different places in Florida. Right now, all but one of them is under mandatory evacuation. Sure am glad I don't own any of them anymore. Beach living does sometimes have its drawbacks. :cry:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

...and my trip to Florida is canceled . . . for now!

Hey guys, thanks for the (sort of) kind words, and the even kinder words. I didn't know anyone cared! (Vrede don't count) Guess I'll be hanging around here for a bit longer until Matthew wears down. I hear his sister Nicole is building up steam out in the Atlantic. sheesh.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Deleted
Last edited by Seth Milner on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Boatrocker wrote: Bonne chance, mon ami.
Gee thanks, Boatrocker! :thumbsup:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote: Good luck,
Thanks a bunch!

outside of you posting like such a dick from time to time,
Tell me who in this forum hasn't . . . ? :roll:

I have to say that I think I like Seth, at least a little.
Thanks, billy dot; you can be a rather likable 'ol cuss yourself at times.

Mullet smoke better than any other fish
They make a delicious smoked salt-fish too. Just a tad too salty for me though,

You will need a cast net, although an old man showed me how to catch/snag with a bright brass hook after scattering corn meal in shallow water.
I've not tried that type of snagging, although I've seen people using baited hooks with a large treble hook tied just below it. The mullet would nibble and they would give the line a sharp jerk upward snagging the fish; that just ain't right. Several years ago an older Black man I befriended showed me how Black folks caught so many mullet. The mullet has a very small mouth, so they would use a string of tiny hooks like the kind you'd fish for bait minnows. There's a name for that contraption, but it's name escapes me at the moment. It works! Looking forward to fishing in the black water.

I'll probably be lurking around® a few more days until the storm passes by.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida State Frat Boy...

O Really wrote:OK, here's another. Florida man bites nose off victim...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/8bd57130-8 ... ed-in.html
Frat Boy Who Tried to Eat Victim's Face Charged

... According to NBC, police arrived at the scene on the night of Aug. 14 to find Harrouff on top of Stevens, “biting off sections of his face” while making animalistic noises. Officers then attempted to use a stun gun and a police dog to get Harrouff to stop, but neither had any effect. People reports they also tried kicking Harrouff in the face several times - but that, too, did not elicit a reaction....
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Danger past. Let's see what Nicole's going to do.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:Danger past. Let's see what Nicole's going to do.
Never was danger to your coast.

All this storm surge talk is weird. Sure there will be some surge, but the surge is in front of the storm.

Wonder if anyone died from rick tea bag scott's frantic call for everyone to flee.

Leave the coast, get out of the mobile home, move a few miles inland to a typical modern home or building.

If you are inland- shelter in place

Too many people have died from needless running

Oh, and Rick Scott is an idiot.

Nicole and Matthew are going to go through a transition together, but they have yet to disclose the resulting gender