A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 am
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/31/us/flo ... index.html

fo dollar fo you

"deciding damages in the case, the (florida person) jury awarded Bryant $1 for funeral expenses, and $1 for each child's "loss of parental companionship, instruction, and guidance and ... mental pain and suffering,"
The incident is complicated, but that's just immature and nasty of the jury to choose that resolution.
Hmm, all I saw was a lying cop claiming gun, shooting through a garage door instead of handing out the required "warning", never being prosecuted, and then a mean spirited jury assaulting the family.

Yeah, these kids will be growing up to respect the law
I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that I'd want to learn more than is in the article.

Drunks are weird. Who rocks out in their closed garage with a gun in their pocket, why did he close the door after opening it, and what's the point of carrying around an unloaded gun?

Otoh, cops routinely lie, being so ready to shoot over a noise complaint is odd, and only 1 of the cops thought that shooting was warranted.

Whatever, even IF the dead guy was 99% in the wrong, he's dead. What's to be gained by spiting the grieving family with this judgment? What kind of asshole tells children that the loss of their father is worth $1?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://kdvr.com/2018/06/08/police-witne ... -lake/amp/

Sad story, I'm sure others will be impacted.

That said, given the choice of

a) going one on one with a very large alligator on a lake bank, or

b) throwing your dog at the alligator and running away

Sorry Rover, I'll miss you when you're gone.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Adam Putnam’s office stopped concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in
A state investigation found that the lapse covered a period that included the biggest spike in permit applications in Florida history.

It's not so surprising when one considers:
Very profitable gun sales
NRA shilling for the gun industry
Gun happy state
Second term gunhugging GOP Governor
Gunhugging GOP Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner that wants to be Governor (good luck with that now)

Of course no one was making sure that the work was being done. Then, they conspired to cover it all up for over a year after learning about the problem.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:30 pm
Adam Putnam’s office stopped concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in
A state investigation found that the lapse covered a period that included the biggest spike in permit applications in Florida history.

It's not so surprising when one considers:
Very profitable gun sales
NRA shilling for the gun industry
Gun happy state
Second term gunhugging GOP Governor
Gunhugging GOP Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner that wants to be Governor (good luck with that now)

Of course no one was making sure that the work was being done. Then, they conspired to cover it all up for over a year after learning about the problem.

"Early in Putnam's term, it was discovered that his employees had trouble accessing the database because they were not law enforcement officers. In 2012, he said his office had "closed the gap."

"In 2012, he held a news conference to celebrate the state's one millionth concealed weapons permit, noting the time it took to process an application fell from 12 weeks to 35 days on his watch. There are now 1.8 million concealed weapon permit holders in Florida. "

"In a tweet posted last July — and a month after investigators found that his office had botched thousands of background checks — Putnam claimed he was a "Proud NRA sellout"."

"Wilde told the Times she had been working in the mailroom when she was given oversight of the database in 2013.

"I didn't understand why I was put in charge of it."

Oh, but I do most certainly understand completely why she was put in charge.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 am
... "Wilde told the Times she had been working in the mailroom when she was given oversight of the database in 2013.

What's your take on how this is playing out in the media there and with voters? Can Putnam still win the primary and general or is he toast?

This polling, all from before this scandal came out, has Putnam competitive in the primary and doing well in the general:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... orida.html

Your Senate race looks close:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6246.html
Gonna be truckloads of money thrown into it.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:31 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 am
... "Wilde told the Times she had been working in the mailroom when she was given oversight of the database in 2013.

What's your take on how this is playing out in the media there and with voters? Can Putnam still win the primary and general or is he toast?

This polling, all from before this scandal came out, has Putnam competitive in the primary and doing well in the general:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... orida.html

Your Senate race looks close:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6246.html
Gonna be truckloads of money thrown into it.

When I lived in central Florida I considered the st. Pete paper to be the best paper. Lots of multiple page in depth articles and serial type articles that would go on for months in the Sunday paper.

That's there. Here though, this and another national article I read this morning are the first I have heard.

While the story sounds bad to us, this further "blowing up" of laws, regulations and the gubberment in general will likely help him in the panhandle.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:46 am
When I lived in central Florida I considered the st. Pete paper to be the best paper. Lots of multiple page in depth articles and serial type articles that would go on for months in the Sunday paper.

That's there. Here though, this and another national article I read this morning are the first I have heard.

While the story sounds bad to us, this further "blowing up" of laws, regulations and the gubberment in general will likely help him in the panhandle.
That's too bad. Maybe his opponents will make the most of it, I sure would.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

An unmoving woman fell from an SUV into an intersection. The driver calmly picked her up and drove off (with video)

Not just them, but no one helped, questioned or, apparently, even got the license plate number.

:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Woman...

Stop bringing your monkey to Home Depot: A woman's pet spider monkey attacks two employees

I don’t know how many times I have to say this: Unless your pet spider monkey is a licensed contractor, it has no business at Home Depot.

A Florida woman was arrested after her pet spider monkey allegedly attacked two Home Depot employees … in two separate incidents....

One can only assume that Ballard’s repeated visits to Home Depot are to purchase supplies to build some sort of confinement for Spanky to prevent these attacks.

According to WPBF, Ballard faces seven charges, including two for negligence. Now she may face a felony charge of “tampering with evidence”: Ballard sent an email to assistant state attorney Ashley Albright that stated she was fleeing to North Carolina to avoid a court hearing and to hide the monkey so state officials couldn’t take Spanky away.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Facebook fight between 'keyboard gangsters' ends in shooting

... A Florida man ...

Tampa Police say 44-year-old Brian Sebring faces felony charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and carrying a concealed gun. Sebring told the Tampa Bay Times he "just snapped and let primal rage take over" when he left work early on Monday, went home to get his gun and headed to the home of 46-year-old Alex Stephens.

According to Sebring, a registered Democrat, he responded to post on Facebook by a felon who said he wanted to share his political opinions even though he'd lost his right to vote....

Sebring told the newspaper that he wrote on the Facebook threat that if someone wants to voice an opinion, "don't do criminal activity, don't get caught, be a productive member of society."

... Stephens sent Sebring his address and told him to "come on over" if he wanted to fight, and to beep the horn when he showed up, Sebring said.

Sebring and Stephens had never met, though they live in the same neighborhood.

He said he parked outside Stephens' house and honked the horn. Stephens came out carrying what Sebring said looked like a knife. Sebring fired. Then he drove home. He was almost there when he saw a police officer and told him what he'd just done.

Stephens was released from the hospital, where he was treated for gunshot wounds to the thigh and buttocks....
Good thing stalking Mr.B isn't a Floridian.

He's also an idiot for talking to the press about this.

Comments:
Troll lives matter
So the guy who said that felons shouldn't have their voting rights restored because if they cared enough about their rights they wouldn't do crimes is about to lose his voting rights because of an argument about voting rights where he did crimes?
Florida needs it's own reality TV show!
Is this what u call SnapChat...?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Husband's (fake?) heart attack becomes the latest excuse for not addressing her lie.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 am
Husband's (fake?) heart attack becomes the latest excuse for not addressing her lie.
I can't remember from school whether shame can cause a heart attack.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 am
I can't remember from school whether shame can cause a heart attack.

Can republicans feel shame? I had not heard that before. Probably fake news.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am
Can republicans feel shame? I had not heard that before. Probably fake news.
Idk, but they can be shamed. She's dropped out of the race . . . while shamelessly claiming that it was not her intent to deceive.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"mistake"? :oII

She claimed a nonexistent degree from Miami University in her candidate bio. Then, she forged, framed and displayed - with her witting or unwitting mom - a fake diploma.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm
"mistake"? :oII

She claimed a nonexistent degree from Miami University in her candidate bio. Then, she forged, framed and displayed - with her witting or unwitting mom - a fake diploma.

She doesn't seem to be Florida born, but she damn sure is dumb as a Florida idiot. Gee, I'm sure that no one will notice if I just make up my bio, after all, I'm a republican.

Not a word on her website about where she is from. A Florida born would be advertised for all to see.

http://howardforhouse.com/#priorities

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Not a word on her website about where she is from. A Florida born would be advertised for all to see.

Ohio.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Ohio.
I assumed so from her university choice, but couldn't find it on the site. Did I miss it, or did you find it somewhere else?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am
Ohio.
I assumed so from her university choice, but couldn't find it on the site. Did I miss it, or did you find it somewhere else?
Her campaign website has now been taken down. :lol: O Really did better than me, I only found:
Who Is Melissa Howard? Florida GOP Candidate Accused of Faking Her College Degree

... In her campaign website bio, the 46-year-old Florida business owner—who is running for the GOP primary in the Florida House of Representatives’ 73rd District—said she was born in “Middle America” and was the “first in her family to attend college.” The page was last viewed by Newsweek on Sunday but has since been removed.
More shamelessness:
Last week, FLA News Online first accused Howard of lying to her supporters about graduating from Ohio’s Miami University in a report that was later edited, after she claimed to have flown back to Ohio to pick up the degree and posted an image of herself smiling next to the diploma with her mother.

Howard’s campaign accused FLA News of corroborating with her GOP primary opponent Tommy Gregory to "hurt Melissa or her reputation within the community” and again asserted that she graduated from Ohio’s Miami University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing in 1996.

“I will ask one more time to stop the negative campaign he is waging, and call on the people bankrolling his campaign to stop the mud slinging,” she wrote alongside the photo.

“Tommy Gregory is a liar. The proof speaks for itself...."
Not that we're likely to ever hear of it, but a guess is that she'll never have the spine to apologize to Tommy Gregory publicly and directly.
1312. ETTD.