A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:Tattooed 'Joker' Arrested for Pointing Loaded Gun at Passing Cars: Cops

"His facial markings include the word “Joker” emblazoned on his forehead." Seems redundant to me.
billy.pilgrim wrote:"Sullivan, who gave his occupation as tattoo model,

He models what NOT to do.

is being held in lieu of $5,000 bail, according to online records."

Strange. He is pointing a gun at people, but only arrested for a concealed weapon.

A guess: The cops did not witness him pointing a gun at passing vehicles, it was just the report that they got.

Reckon he got points for his birth skin color?

"birth skin color" :lol:

He speaks too.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Miam ... 74934.html
"F**ck the (gun) permit. We live in America."

Perfect. Gotta love both Florida and ammosexuals.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Or florida men and we got women too

http://www.borderherald.com/tainted-buf ... ent-stage/

"It was at this point that the first dancer to suffer from diarrhea was unable to control her bowels any longer, and ‘a stream of brown liquid soon gushed over the stage’, according to the witness. “It was absolutely disgusting,” he told journalists. “A number of guests immediately puked. I personally ran for the exit, I lost all interest in the show.”

The other dancers on stage also suffered from diarrhea soon after and were forced to abandon their performance. “They had a hard time getting off the stage,” said one witness, who stayed to watch the aftermath of the incident. “High heels and diarrhea really don’t mix.”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

On the bright side, scores of strip club patrons will never reproduce now.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm pretty sure that story is bullshit, not strippershit.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Can it be true if I want it to
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Can it be true if I want it to
It can't either, you have no say in the matter. You ain't Vrede. Only he has that privilege. Your warning notice will be forthcoming.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

O Really
Admiral

Look at it like this - take away the craziness of a stripper pooping on the pole and all you have is a common public health issue resulting from contaminated food. Let one guy get sick from a bad burger and the event is reported, along with the name of the hapless eatery, in the local newspaper and on tv. Local Fox stations would love it. But the only source of that story seems to be the Border Herald (whatever that is) and other places that quoted them.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

"Management noted that the free buffet would be closed until further notice" ... no shit. (no pun intended)
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://www.northescambia.com/2017/06/bu ... ma-schools

Okay, they may have come from alabama, but these 2 morons with their trailer hitched sunroofed caddy were parked the security camera at a Florida school.

Love the flag shorts - can't be sure, but I'm betting it's Merican.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SNL: "Florida is the one peninsula less stable than the Korean peninsula."
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

On first glance, I thought Florida's new law requiring prosecutors to prove that a shooter was NOT defending himself was crazy.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-flor ... SKBN19033X

Then, I gave it a little thought as to what the impact of the law could be. And decided it was not just crazy, but totally bat-shit insane and will get a lot of people shot and the shooters get off "Scott free." Currently, basically everywhere in the somewhat civilized world, it is considered a potential crime to shoot somebody - or for that matter to point a gun at them or threaten them with a gun. "Self-defense" is a defense to accusation of a crime, much the same as "opps" or "he jumped in front of my shotgun" or "they both went for the gun." But the starting point is that shooting somebody is not generally something that should occur.

The new law starts with the assumption that a person who shoots somebody has a good reason to do so, and in order to prove a crime, the prosecution has to show evidence that the defendants potential defense is untrue, which would likely have to include evidence of some other reason for the shooting. So already, it's an acceptable defense to say "I wuz skeered" or "he jumped on me after I said I was going to kick his ass and called his momma a ho."
Now the shooter will be able to say simply, "self defense - prove it wasn't, asshole."

What could possibly go wrong?
This is not going to end well.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Rick Scott isn't really a florida man, but we gots the idiot teabaggers now

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallsh ... b541a95089

"officially called Florida House Bill 989, and it was signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott on June 26th, 2017 after passing both chambers of the house. According to the National Center for Science Education's website:

With the law now in place, any county resident — not just any parent with a child in the country's public schools, as was the case previously — can now file a complaint about instructional materials in the county's public schools, and the school will now have to appoint a hearing officer to hear the complaint"

Thank god, the flat earthers will finally get their say.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Because of my AdBlock I'm not able to read Forbes articles. However, from what you quoted I support the principle even though I'm sure it will be abused. Why should a taxpayer that isn't a public school parent be prevented from complaining about how their money is being spent? I've had my say on public school policy plenty of times in other ways, including supporting science-based instructional materials. Besides, there are plenty of public school parent flat Earthers.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

l've got a mixed opinion on that. One one side, I've found that very rarely does anything cooked up by Republicans have a positive effect on society. And while I agree with you that in general, any citizen should be able to question where his/her tax money goes, that in most legal proceedings one has to show "standing," meaning that you have some dog in the fight. We can certainly argue that it behooves all citizens to help improve the schools, whether they currently have kids in school or not. One doesn't have to have a kid enrolled to volunteer to tutor, coach, etc. On the other hand, to challenge teaching materials is a bit more than a suggestion, and requires a formal legal(istic) proceeding. Seems one would have to show some way they personally are harmed before they could mount such a challenge.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Paying taxes isn't "standing"? Plus, it's not a lawsuit with potential damages, it's just a complaint that gets a hearing officer.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 pm
Paying taxes isn't "standing"? Plus, it's not a lawsuit with potential damages, it's just a complaint that gets a hearing officer.

And the expense.

This may sound reasonable, but is pure and simple creationist garbage thrown at the school system.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I get where the motivation is coming from, but it also means that sane people like you and I will be able to have our say at the wrongheaded hearings and will be able to challenge any insane instructional materials. Then, it's up to the schools to do the right thing.

CS/CS/HB 989: Instructional Materials, Vote History - Floor

94 Yeas - 25 Nays in the House must have included at least 16 Dems for.
19 Yeas - 17 Nays in the Senate must have included at least 2 GOP against.

:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 pm
No, it isn't. If it were, the case of the magistrates weaseling out of same sex marriages would still be in court. And yes, I know it's not litigation in a strict sense, but it does require a formal governmental process and procedure. Try applying the "right to challenge" principle to most anything else and the fit is pretty awkward. If they can challenge the materials, can they challenge the teacher? Sure, if you don't like the teacher your kid has, you can get your kid moved. But what if you don't have a kid, and just don't like the teacher?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Remember, school kid parents already have the "right to challenge". Seems to me that the wingnuts are already well represented among them, especially in FL :P . I just don't see that letting folks like you, me and billy.pilgrim have our taxpayer say will suddenly make things burdensome. We do have that right with other government bureaucracy. Maybe we don't get a hearing officer, but I've found that most serious complaints get addressed in some fashion, if not always the way I want.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, well as I said, I've got mixed opinions. Personally, I don't think I'd let anybody - school parent or not - try to micromanage to that extent.