A Trump supporter....

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Trump supporter....

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:A few days ago, Erdogans bodyguards assaulted some US citizens protesting his arrival. It's believed the bodyguards were given the go ahead by Erdogan. They proceeded to beat the shit out of protestors.

Mostly silence from the Trump administration. No condemnation.

Today, The US ambassador to Turkey was summoned by the Turkish government ro explain why Erdogans bodyguards were "assaulted".

Our strong alpha male president still remains silent. Presumably because Erdogan scratched his belly and said nice things to him. That's my theory, anyway.
A few days ago, Erdogans bodyguards violent foreign Muslims assaulted some US citizens ...

Mostly silence from the Trump administration that had invited them here. No condemnation....

FTFY
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote:A few days ago, Erdogans bodyguards assaulted some US citizens protesting his arrival. It's believed the bodyguards were given the go ahead by Erdogan. They proceeded to beat the shit out of protestors.

Mostly silence from the Trump administration. No condemnation.

Today, The US ambassador to Turkey was summoned by the Turkish government ro explain why Erdogans bodyguards were "assaulted".

Our strong alpha male president still remains silent. Presumably because Erdogan scratched his belly and said nice things to him. That's my theory, anyway.
Erdogan has a cock holster, too.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New one to me. I checked rather than wait for homerfobe to explain it.

cock holster

Nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I never heard it until Colbert used it a couple' weeks ago.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Travelers Chant 'Lock Him Up' As Man In Trump Hat Is Removed From United Plane

:lol: To whoever was the very first to shout, "Lock Him Up!" - :-||

Make America Ashamed Again. Shanghai is one of the last places I would pick to be a jerk in public, or to even wear a Dolt .45 hat.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."
-- often attributed to Mark Twain, but that's unproven.

Mark Twain did write:
“The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. … How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!”
-- Autobiographical dictation, 2 December 1906. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 2 (University of California Press, 2013)

Link
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yo...

I was browsing the Facebook, and BRDs friendly brother forum, and got to thinking.

I saw several videos bitching about SJWs. Now, I remember when the SJW phenomenon came into the spotlight maybe about a year or two ago. Stories of batshit crazy extremist students at college campuses like Berkeley causing a ruckus.

I didn't particularly care for SJWs then, nor do I now.

I've never, ever actually met one of these crazy folks. Ive met some people that are far left on the political spectrum, but none of these crazies I see talked about on forums and vidz. No doubt they exist, but if I was the type of person that never ever left my little enclave and never ever ventured out into the big scary world, only getting my information from the TV and internet, I'd think these SJWs were absolutely everywhere.

People need something to be outraged at. We've established that. Being mad about something and wanting to tear something down is easier than identifying a solution and working towards a problems resolution. It's easier to destroy than it is to build. This is the entire gist of Trump.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wouldn't know, but I was thinking that SJWs are activists, liberal to nonviolent radical, whereas commies, Black Block, Antifa (anti-fascist) and some anarchists are the more riotous type, revolutionary warriors.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The alt-right declares ANYONE who objects to misogyny or racism to be an SJW. The three heroes - two who died in the process - defending those Muslim girls would be dismissed and dumped on by the alt-right as SJWs. Anyone who favors civil rights is labelled an SJW.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That's what I thought, that most of us are SJWs according to the cons and RWNJs. I've been called one online. But, JTA seems to have gotten a narrower and darker definition of what SJWs are from wherever he's been.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Ive always in the past associated SJW with those on the extreme spectrum of things. "All whites are racist, all heterosexual intercourse is rape, all males are rapists" kind of stuff. Basically, trust fund college student babies latching onto make believe issues. Not gonna lie, I've gotten this idea from internet memes, as have many others. Now, the difference between me and others is I believe you can be for social justice and not be an extremist with ridiculous views. Unfortunately most people view reality strictly in black and white, and any form of social justice is looped in with the crazies and has thus become associated with them, thereby poisoning the well, I think. Basically what rstrong said above.

I need to dig up this article I read on the alt righ's use of irony. It better explains what I'm trying to convey.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We should keep in mind that these are the same people that want us to say 'alt right' rather than 'white supremacy' and routinely screech about "liberal Marxists". Economics, PoliSci, honesty, consistency and even basic English are not their strong suits. It's probably more useful to discuss specific behaviors than it is to get wrapped in what SJWs are and whether they are a good thing or a bad thing.

Fwiw, I've known my share of trust fund kids, though I wasn't one. Some are activist, some are serious about academics, some are partiers - not much different from everyone else except that they have more resources to do whatever. I've always thought the whining about them was silly. Having a successful family is not a bad thing, it's what you do or don't do with it that counts. They don't have secret handshakes within the activist community, they're just more likely to buy the beer.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Trust fund kiddie is the portion of the SJW meme that evokes a disconnectedness from the mythical working man digging ditches in the sun. Go over to a conservative forum and pretend you're a millennial in college and you'll see what I mean.

The Rich, millenial, spoiled, decadent, disconnected and buffered from "true" reality SJW is contrasted with the middle aged, noble, struggling, hard working, Jesus loving working man.

The SJW meme is an easily digestible tidbit of propoganda spreading what I described above. People eat it up. Shit, not gonna lie, I was influenced by it too.

But you are correct. You can have shitty rich kids, but you can also have shitty poor kids. I think we can conclude that it's a general rule that some people are simply shitty.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:56 pm
Trust fund kiddie is the portion of the SJW meme that evokes a disconnectedness from the mythical working man digging ditches in the sun. Go over to a conservative forum and pretend you're a millennial in college and you'll see what I mean....
Pretend you're a con millennial in college and they're fine with that. I'll bet you're not seeing them whining about the Trump klan trust funds. "Trust fund kiddie" - they usually have no idea whether it's true or not - is just an ad hominem for young activists, many of whom are flat broke like I was, doing things that they don't like.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

The funny thing is most of the conservative kids I went to college with were there on their parents dime. Projection.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Check out this article:
Hiding in plain sight: how the 'alt-right' is weaponizing irony to spread fascism

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... pon-facism

Really good read.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

JTA wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:37 pm
Check out this article:
Hiding in plain sight: how the 'alt-right' is weaponizing irony to spread fascism

Really good read.
Ha! I'm never going to a meet up where I know in advance there are a bunch of 4chan'ers.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 pm
JTA wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:37 pm
Check out this article:

Really good read.
Ha! I'm never going to a meet up where I know in advance there are a bunch of 4chan'ers.
I try to force myself to visit /pol/ every now and again to reclibrate my cynicism for the human race.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

What do you guys think the overlap is between Trump supporters and juggalos (the insane clown posse juagglos), and I wonder if they have gang wars over local Walmart turf

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't think most Trump supporters are smart enough to be Juggolos.
Common characteristics of identifying a member of the Juggalo subculture are as follows:

Drinking and spraying the inexpensive soft drink Faygo.
Listening to horrorcore and other types of underground rap music.
Wearing face paint, generally those either like a clown or perhaps similar to corpse paint.
Wearing HatchetGear.
Having the Hatchet man logo applied on personal effects and, die cast, worn as jewelry.
Doing hair in the spider legs style, i.e. like the Twiztid members
Displaying the gesture of wicked clown, the westside sign with the left hand and the C sign in ASL with the right, with arms crossed over.
Making and responding to "whoop, whoop" calls.
Expressing a (generally) tongue-in-cheek obsession with murder, committed with a blade weapon.

I really didn't know what Juggolos were until a couple of years ago I read a John Sandford book that included a group on its way to The Gathering. Then, I didn't know whether they were real or whether they came from Sandford's vivid imagination. His group was apparently pretty realistic.