2017 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: 2017 Elections

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Likely not so much Russian as some say. Sure, they helped bring it into the open, but it has been a major republican theme for a long time. The big difference is they don't have to hide behind code words so much.

And the boehner is a real piece of shit for using Nazis and Klan all those years to push his right wing bulkshit.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 pm
... And the boehner is a real piece of shit for using Nazis and Klan all those years to push his right wing bulkshit.
Agreed, but it is striking that they've become so overtly Nazi and Klan that he feels moved to finally speak out.

I don't credit the POSPOTUS team with much intelligence and insight, but I'm wondering a little bit whether the Asia tour was intentionally scheduled so that he would be out of the country on election day.

From ClimateTruth.org Action:
In the Vancouver, WA Port Commissioner race, two candidates faced off over the largest proposed oil-by-rail and export facility in the nation. Big Oil lobbyists poured over $350,000 into that election, a record for Washington state. But people power won out, and the thousands of calls and texts to voters paid off — bigtime! Don Orange won with a landslide 64.5% of the vote.

In Uwchlan, PA, Bill Miller and Mayme Baumann won their seats on the Town Board of Supervisors, and now will be able to challenge the Mariner East 2 pipeline. This pipeline would carry toxic gas right through the heart of Uwchlan, and 5 middle schools are within the blast zone.

Don Orange Wins Vancouver Port Race In Referendum On Oil Terminal
This comes on the heels of his win for Best Halloween Poncho a week ago. :D

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Other than the drivel that spews out of his mouth, all is intentional
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Oklahoma Democrats win state Senate seat in red-district special election

Democrats in Oklahoma picked up a key state Senate seat in a Tuesday special election, marking the fourth seat Democrats have gained in special elections in the state this year....

Ikley-Freeman, a 26-year-old lesbian, defeated O’Hara by 31 votes.

... Trump picked up 61.4 percent of the vote in the district compared to 32.7 won by then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton....
Republican Brian O’Hara got beat up by a gay girl.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ironic that this article is published in "Vox" - the poster formerly known as "Vox" was a major proponent for the idea that a vote - and certainly not one vote - makes no difference.
Somebody in Virginia got up and thought, "it won't matter, but what the hell - I think I'll vote."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -democrats

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 pm
Ironic that this article is published in "Vox" - the poster formerly known as "Vox" was a major proponent for the idea that a vote - and certainly not one vote - makes no difference.
Somebody in Virginia got up and thought, "it won't matter, but what the hell - I think I'll vote."

Maybe Vox had a point. ;)

Virginia officials postpone lottery drawing to decide tied statehouse election
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Update:

Republicans win tied Virginia House election by pulling candidate's name out of a bowl
1312. ETTD.